Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Junk Email

Default Junk Email

Anyone else noticing a big spike in this lately. I deliberately keep my work email as silent as possible. If I have to supply and email on the net for anything I use a couple of junk email collector addresses. But in the last week or so I have had a spike in my work email getting junk emails. I have set up rules as they come in and in the last 6 days those rules have collected 108 junk emails. Pain in the arse they are. Wish I could send a rocket back down the line and blow their bloody computer up
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Default Re: Junk Email

"can we hire you" get up to 10 a day

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Anyone else noticing a big spike in this lately. I deliberately keep my work email as silent as possible. If I have to supply and email on the net for anything I use a couple of junk email collector addresses. But in the last week or so I have had a spike in my work email getting junk emails. I have set up rules as they come in and in the last 6 days those rules have collected 108 junk emails. Pain in the arse they are. Wish I could send a rocket back down the line and blow their bloody computer up
    Its not my emails lately!! I'm getting too scared to answer the phone

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Yes, hearing you all on this one.

There is a good chance that someone who has your email stored on their outlook has themselves got a virus that is using their contact list to harvest email addresses.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    I generally check my missed calls and some numbers that aren't from my local area with http://www.reverseaustralia.com/ it helps a little, unless they ring with a silent number.

From what my partner was saying last night, Outlook and hotmail based companies spam filter had crashed causing a lot of unwelcome spam mail to be filtered back to main inbox. Sounds like the problem was fixed, but a lot of people are still having issues. This has been in the last couple of months from what she was saying.

But on the spam calls, getting heaps of them again lately.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by djkgrounds View Post
    From what my partner was saying last night, Outlook and hotmail based companies spam filter had crashed causing a lot of unwelcome spam mail to be filtered back to main inbox. Sounds like the problem was fixed, but a lot of people are still having issues. This has been in the last couple of months from what she was saying.

But on the spam calls, getting heaps of them again lately.
    Calls are driving me nuts at the moment. I now have my phone on do not disturb all calls in my contact list can come though everything else goes to voice mail.

Very Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    Calls are driving me nuts at the moment. I now have my phone on do not disturb all calls in my contact list can come though everything else goes to voice mail.

Very Frustrating.
    Same here got 4 calls today all trying to sell me something with asian type voices,be more tomorrow then they drop off next week.