Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam weeders

Default Re: Steam weeders

There is an article in the latest turfcraft magazine on this subject , and it does seem that we have been fed bull**** again. I will have to read it again, but there is no concrete evidence that it is a cancer causing chemical

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I am still using slasher which is non toxic .....its pretty expensive if you buy by the litres @ 27 bucks the killer is the amount you use per litre ...70mm ...but you can half the cost if you buy bulk in 20 litres...one good thing with slasher ..results are same day the client can see the result within hours....i don't use it for large broad spraying though but i have to use at schools kinder etc...
    I have seen the steamer at work and its pretty aggressive on the weeds for sure but no good when you have mulched areas.....
    Where do you get the bulk 20L slasher from?

rural farm supplier....

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    The lobbyist for Monsanto refused to drink a cup of round up when confronted.
    Monsanto have officially stated they have not conducted tests if glyphosate is carcinogenic to humans.

Thanks........

rural farm supplier....
    Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
    Monsanto have officially stated they have not conducted tests if glyphosate is carcinogenic to humans.
    But why would you want to drink it to prove a point,it's not meant as a human drink like coke.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    But why would you want to drink it to prove a point,it's not meant as a human drink like coke.
    It will be interesting to see the outcome of the American class action against Monsanto with Round-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ASTRO View Post
    There is a good chance it's not carcinogenic!! There is a good chance it is!

All depends on which tests Also depends on who has done and interpreted those tests. What they have decided to put in and leave out. Who has an interest in the outcome even though they may seem to be neutral.
    Hope it is not a carcinogen but I am sure I won't hear it from Monsanto if it is.

well like you said before John ..."Yeah reckon it could be a bit like smoking!" they used to say that was ok then the doubters jump on board the critics the doctors the tobacco industry ..and guess what smoking does effect your health...in my younger days on the farm we used 245t for blackberries back then everyone said naaa can't hurt you ...well thats been blown out of the water with proven problems.....so this product should be treated the same...use it by all means but respect its potential dangers...

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    ... there is no concrete evidence that it is a cancer causing chemical
    For many years the evidence that smoking was harmful was very strong - if only anecdotal.
    Science proved it only later. In the meantime, millions were adversely affected.

Concrete - that's a tough one. Not all smokers get cancer. Not all who get cancer are or were smokers.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

well like you said before John ..."Yeah reckon it could be a bit like smoking!" they used to say that was ok then the doubters jump on board the critics the doctors the tobacco industry ..and guess what smoking does effect your health...in my younger days on the farm we used 245t for blackberries back then everyone said naaa can't hurt you ...well thats been blown out of the water with proven problems.....so this product should be treated the same...use it by all means but respect its potential dangers...
    Yes spot on I use glyphosate everyday, but I am always careful.

God when I started we used 24d , chlordane , lindane PMA, Dieldren the list goes on Nemacur quite often and plenty more that are banned or very dangerous, and as far as I can tell I'm alright , I do have 3 balls though and get bad headaches in my left head , my right head not so much

anyway with all this gloom about roundup what are we kidding ourselves,,,,most contractors including me drink too much according to the 2 standard drinks a day with two days off WTF ..so we will probably get health problems or die through the grog than worry about a bit of roundup on our bodies....

anyway with all this gloom about roundup what are we kidding ourselves,,,,most contractors including me drink too much according to the 2 standard drinks a day with two days off WTF ..so we will probably get health problems or die through the grog than worry about a bit of roundup on our bodies....
    spot on Geoff................

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast