Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steam weeders

Default Re: Steam weeders

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    anyway with all this gloom about roundup what are we kidding ourselves,,,,most contractors including me drink too much according to the 2 standard drinks a day with two days off WTF ..so we will probably get health problems or die through the grog than worry about a bit of roundup on our bodies....
    Whats this 2 day off business? Does that mean a six pack on those two days?

The older you get the more it dawns on you that most of what you hear is rubbish and the world is full of hypocrites. All these diets, all these vitamins, don't do this, don't do that. Blah blah. Usually if you look in to it there is a vested interest behind it or just plain stupidity. The people who are concerned about global warming are the first to chop down that old gum tree to build there dream house. Hypocrites.

Glyphosate may well be bad for you but so are cars. The road is a dangerous place but we don't call for a bad of cars or war weapons for that matter.

Maybe if all Australians volunteered to pull out every weed in this country out by hand we wouldn't need glyphosate.

I'd be less worried about it causing cancer and more worried about Parkinsons or MS myself but hey that's just me. Its more about long term exposure you know the kind of exposure say, oh i don't know gardeners get (( : if you are talking cancer i'd be putting 2 stroke fumes on the agenda myself, but hey what would i know. Drink it in boys and girls, one day it will matter to you, but i guess just not today

Quote Originally Posted by garden warrior View Post
    I am happy to chat if you are still keen on alternatives to using round up in sensitive areas. I have a Weedtechnics SW900 steam weeding machine and I have local contracts with schools, council and local hospital. Woks great and also a fantastic cleaner with the hot water. I do lots of pressure cleaning jobs like council footpaths etc. Cheers Paul
    Cheers Paul,

i'll send you a private message when i get a spare moment. I might ask you some questions about the Northern Rivers area while i'm at it if you don't mind. Cheers Craig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123