Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Sad day

Default Sad day

Freda rang me at lunch time today in tears.
    One of our customers of nearly 20yrs had passed away, she was informed by her husband., before commencing todays job.
    We new it was coming, we have been watching her health & physical appearance decline for some time now.
    You then realise that although your customers may not be close friends or family, they can still be great ppl that can mean considerable amounts to you.
    You realise that you probably see a lot more of your customers than your close friends & family.

Alice was a really nice person & will be sadly missed. RIP Alice.
    Cheers Fred.

Default Re: Sad day

know how ya feel Fred....ive lost a few long standing customers over 20 years like you...you do become part of their lives in some circumstances and yes it is sad when they depart.....i had one customer whos husband died and she rang me to tell me ...wasnt due for another 10 days but she wanted me to know and please come on the day of the scheduled visit...Christ she had more important things to worry about than being concerned about me ...i did go to the funeral as they were long standing customers of 26 years..least i could do...she is still my customer to this day ..i know we run a business but sometimes compassion is a high value to be hold

I can't testify to the twenty years + but yes I do feel like part of the family at some places. I see the oldies deteriorate and the rug rats start walking and watch me work through the finger printed window, the dogs who want a cuddle before you're allowed to work grow old and not bother to get up anymore and the christmas' come and go. Gardeners/lawnies are pretty earthy caring people, we should give ourselves a pat on the back, keep up the good work fellas!

Yep it gets sad when you see them go but also happy that you shared a small part in improving there lives while they were with us.