Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Website

Default Re: Website

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    If it had perfect grammar you weren't looking at mine (( : a 54% in my English exam will attest to that.

Lol more like mine eh Scoob
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I am not buying into who is doing what here but I think you both need to let it drop. Personally I don't have problem with people making posts on this site and driving a bit more traffic their way. It is part of why we have this forum. Anything that can help us is a good thing isnt it. To be honest I haven't seen much of it.
    I value your opinion and i'll take it on board.

If you just hear me out for a second and i won't keep the back and forth with John going for much longer as this will explain why i'm hhhmmm how do i put this politely, not happy with him............ i just think if us Indi's are being asked to pump up someone's new site they need to be made aware of the whole situation. Its not as innocent as it first seems.

To me if John is going to keep coming on here getting us to pump up his and team South east's sites then he probably needs to tell his fellow Indi's what his long term business plans are and the google advertising strategy that goes along with it. Maybe then once they are made fully aware of what's going to happen and how it's going to take food off there own table, if or more likely when it does happen, then they can make an informed decision as to whether they should help John by clicking on these new websites.

If people are going to be used to feather someone's nest to there own detriment then surely they have a right to be told. I've tried to dance around it and not go into too much detail because i'm sure John doesn't want that. I don't really want that.

If you work in the suburbs of Melbourne and derive a lot of your customers from google then you really need to be paying attention to what i'm saying nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I'm waiting to be shot down or shot for that matter (( : but those that work in Melbourne should be listening to what i'm saying or not saying more to the point.

Preparing to be shot now. I've layed a sheet down.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    There was a page headed testimonials, but was more of a contact page...looks like its been cleared up :-)
    Must have been a strong brew that evening!

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    Yep ..looks ok ..if anything I would say front photos are a bit large (personal pref tho) ..also in the 'about us' section I read to "John. After leaving school.." I don't think many would read any further (im judging tho ). Colors are spot-on.
    Was thinking the same with front photos!
    What would you suggest in the "about us" ?
    Was told its almost a necessity these days.

I dont mind being judged Brett, just mind being accused

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    You've got the tape on the wrong side.

If a cock is hanging outta your arse, you got a massive issue mate. Just saying.
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate you wanna be careful on the pics the one of hedging i have mate of mine has a wallker and worker just like in your pic ???
    Bowed to public pressure! Put an original up - not the one I want and it will get changed at a later date!

Decided just after a lawnie mate whom I was speaking to told me I should have originals!!! Just like their site (not)

Another issue I noticed John is that a lot of your images have the same Alt tag. Google prefers them to be original and descriptive for each pic. This will downgrade your search placement a bit. And Google really does like original images.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Another issue I noticed John is that a lot of your images have the same Alt tag. Google prefers them to be original and descriptive for each pic. This will downgrade your search placement a bit. And Google really does like original images.
    Thanks Bluey, remember you telling me that years ago. Will get onto it

OK guys here we go again!
    For any of you that want to be constructive and not a co****ad like a few we had a couple of years ago jump on to my site and tell me what you think. Live testing so please tell me what device you are viewing it with.
    We rushed into this so we still have plenty of work to do on it. Have been moving house and working on new & old houses with fencing, dog runs, air con prep work and much more so this has not received the attention it should have.

We will be getting back into more resi work and body corp due to some of the larger acreage properties we now do maintenance on. We will have some more pages linking to this. Really I just wanted the old one gone

If you have any concerns whatsoever about my request to check it out and give me some genuine feedback just give me a buzz or if you don't want to just

Sterlo is you have any smar****e comments don't forget getting hit in 3 nuts hurts way more than 2!!

l like it - presents really well

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

That would be one of the best websites iv'e ever seen

Looks good SEM. Tried it on laptop & tablet- both ok. Couldn't even find a spelling mistake

lol - l looked for spelling mistakes too

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast