Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: Website

  1. #1

    Default Website

    Hi Guys,

    Can anyone interested take a look at my brothers website and let us know what they think. www.southeast-mowing.com.au


    Anything - typos, loading on different devices, colors, suggestions, send some emails via contact form etc.

    We are live testing and there are some obvious things that need doing but more eyes may see more things to improve.
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Website

    Can you also check the spelling at my site www.gardeningservicesmelbourne.com.au thanks in advance my spelling ain't what she use to be

  3. #3
    Senior Member geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clyde
    Posts
    3,403

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Can anyone interested take a look at my brothers website and let us know what they think. www.southeast-mowing.com.au


    Anything - typos, loading on different devices, colors, suggestions, send some emails via contact form etc.

    We are live testing and there are some obvious things that need doing but more eyes may see more things to improve.
    mate you wanna be careful on the pics the one of hedging i have mate of mine has a wallker and worker just like in your pic ???

  4. #4
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,379

    Default Re: Website

    South East Mowing is a professional company specialised in commercial lawn mowing and garden maintenance in Berwick, Dandenong and the surrounding suburbs of South East Melbourne............ specialising




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  5. #5
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Website

    Anyone else need a spell check post a link to your site here (( :

  6. #6
    Senior Member seliment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mount Dandenong, Vic
    Posts
    631

    Default Re: Website

    Using yellow or tones of it for text in general makes it very difficult to read (exception is when its on a solid royal blue background).
    In your website's case, I find it very diffcult to read the contact number at the top of the page. The one further down is fine.

    Joe.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    South East Mowing is a professional company specialised in commercial lawn mowing and garden maintenance in Berwick, Dandenong and the surrounding suburbs of South East Melbourne............ specialising
    Thanks Red! .
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Using yellow or tones of it for text in general makes it very difficult to read (exception is when its on a solid royal blue background).
    In your website's case, I find it very diffcult to read the contact number at the top of the page. The one further down is fine.

    Joe.
    Thanks Joe, will take a closer look!
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate you wanna be careful on the pics the one of hedging i have mate of mine has a wallker and worker just like in your pic ???
    Thanks Geoffrey! Maybe he sold the photo to the company I purchased it from!!
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Anyone else need a spell check post a link to your site here (( :
    All help gratefully appreciated Mary!
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Thanks Geoffrey! Maybe he sold the photo to the company I purchased it from!!
    Wouldn't it be better to show case your skills or in this case your brothers by displaying your own pics? Sort of false advertising in a way.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to show case your skills or in this case your brothers by displaying your own pics? Sort of false advertising in a way.
    Maybe? You want to showcase your skills on your website! We want to get a message across!!!!!

    I believe it does say on the site what work we do! I believe also it does not say all photos are work of ours!

    So where does the false advertising come in?? Explain away
    How many websites have photos that are not original?

    Just trying to get a message across and if we were worried about it we would not be discussing it here
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Using yellow or tones of it for text in general makes it very difficult to read (exception is when its on a solid royal blue background).
    In your website's case, I find it very diffcult to read the contact number at the top of the page. The one further down is fine.

    Joe.
    What color works for you Joe?? Seems ok to me but I am obviously biased
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Scooby Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Website

    I said sort of false advertising which in a way it is if you are using pics that aren't yours. If you have a disclaimer thats easy to see well I'd say you have covered yourself.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Website

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    I said sort of false advertising which in a way it is if you are using pics that aren't yours. If you have a disclaimer thats easy to see well I'd say you have covered yourself.
    Please explain! Covered ourselves for what?? Why do we need a disclaimer?? Where did we say everything is work we have done?? All we have set out to do is get a message across.

    It may be sort of if we led people to believe it was work we have completed. I cant see that anywhere
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •