Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Website

Default Re: Website

Its your site, its totally up to you. You did ask for opinions yes? I personally don't think potential customers would be happy finding out that the pics aren't yours. I mean it's your site they have clicked on and its you they are potentially going to hire seems like deception to me. Also gives your competitors an angle on which to gain an edge. And I'll repeat you did ask for opinions yes or was the whole idea for this thread just a smoke screen to get traffic to your new website? I would hate that last bit to be true and would personally find that offensive if that was your main motive.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    What color works for you Joe?? Seems ok to me but I am obviously biased
    Might sound boring but in that situation (with blue background) white or black text is very clear/readable. Purple may work, but I think red would probably be hard to read.

Further on you have blue text on yellow/gold background --- very clear and readable.
    It's the yellow/gold text on the blue background --- the text (to my eyes) wants to disappear/blend into the blue background. The black or white text contrasts with the blue background and is good.

Be aware or one thing, what will look good / work well on a screen will probably not work well if you put exactly the same on a printed page. It's all due to the screen being 'projected light' (ie additive colors) and printed material being 'reflected light' (ie subtractive colours).

This sort of stuff is often quite well explained in a basic graphic design book.
    I recall from my days when in uni we started with the first Apple Macs, that for example the 'ideal' size of text for clarity/ease of reading is 1 point (a point is 1/72 inch) for every 2.54cm (ie inch) that the reader is from page. This works out at about 10-12pts for a printed page and about 36points for a poster display. There are also a few 'basic rules' as to what colour/background mixes work and what don't. For example, almost always avoid yellow text for anything printed on paper.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Its your site, its totally up to you. You did ask for opinions yes? I personally don't think potential customers would be happy finding out that the pics aren't yours. I mean it's your site they have clicked on and its you they are potentially going to hire seems like deception to me. Also gives your competitors an angle on which to gain an edge. And I'll repeat you did ask for opinions yes or was the whole idea for this thread just a smoke screen to get traffic to your new website? I would hate that last bit to be true and would personally find that offensive if that was your main motive.
    Asked for opinions yes! Didn't ask for a discussion on what someone else thinks is the proper way to do any particular thing. I do get your point though

So I wonder what post no. 2 by yourself is doing here??

Pot calling the kettle black possibly? ?

Toughen up princess, it can get worse

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Might sound boring but in that situation (with blue background) white or black text is very clear/readable. Purple may work, but I think red would probably be hard to read.

Further on you have blue text on yellow/gold background --- very clear and readable.
    It's the yellow/gold text on the blue background --- the text (to my eyes) wants to disappear/blend into the blue background. The black or white text contrasts with the blue background and is good.

Be aware or one thing, what will look good / work well on a screen will probably not work well if you put exactly the same on a printed page. It's all due to the screen being 'projected light' (ie additive colors) and printed material being 'reflected light' (ie subtractive colours).

This sort of stuff is often quite well explained in a basic graphic design book.
    I recall from my days when in uni we started with the first Apple Macs, that for example the 'ideal' size of text for clarity/ease of reading is 1 point (a point is 1/72 inch) for every 2.54cm (ie inch) that the reader is from page. This works out at about 10-12pts for a printed page and about 36points for a poster display. There are also a few 'basic rules' as to what colour/background mixes work and what don't. For example, almost always avoid yellow text for anything printed on paper.

Joe
    Thanks for the constructive feedback Joe. Will have a play around with it

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    mate you wanna be careful on the pics the one of hedging i have mate of mine has a wallker and worker just like in your pic ???
    SPRUNG !!!!

Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Asked for opinions yes! Didn't ask for a discussion on what someone else thinks is the proper way to do any particular thing. I do get your point though

So I wonder what post no. 2 by yourself is doing here??

Pot calling the kettle black possibly? ?

Toughen up princess, it can get worse
    So im guessing by the last comment that this whole thread is being used for directing traffic to your new site and has nothing to do with spell check or font size or anything else. Really poor form even from you. Couldn't you just say hey fellow indi's I'm launching a new site can you check it out so i can get it ranking on google. Honesty no good John?

Wink Re: Website

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    So im guessing by the last comment that this whole thread is being used for directing traffic to your new site and has nothing to do with spell check or font size or anything else. Really poor form even from you. Couldn't you just say hey fellow indi's I'm launching a new site can you check it out so i can get it ranking on google. Honesty no good John?
    Guessed wrong!

Didn't realise you were so sensitive.

Will ask admin to remove thread if he sees fit, have emailed.

Admin, can you please remove this thread.

Sometimes you just have to read what's on the page, not what you think you see between the lines.
    What you suggested I could do anytime in various ways, and if you have seen the site you will notice things have already changed and will continue to change over the next week or so - testing!!!!

i'm done, think spring is around the corner

If you are being genuine id be more than happy if admin leaves it as is, it just come across to me as a self promoting exercise especially when you became slightly aggressive when the site was given genuinely honest feedback. Just hate to see the forum end up being a home for endless self promoting threads. Think it deserves better myself.

Bit light on for testimonials :-)

Just did an update on mine if you wouldn't mind checking www.sterlinggardenservices.com , can u pls check it on pc and mobile devices?
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

oh...and the guy on the Walker should be wearing appropriate ppe surely?

Sterlo should we check your spelling too (( :

Can we start invoicing for website checks? What would that be worth?

about USD$0.30 per click on Google :-)

I checked yours too Scooby....just to be fair ;-) ... perfect grammar (did I spell that correctly)

Must be nearly Spring, everyone gets all antsy after 3months of this **** Melbourne Winter lols

Look pretty good John. Your Google maps module on home page isnt working though isnt working though
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast