Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Website

Default Re: Website

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    I checked yours too Scooby....just to be fair ;-) ... perfect grammar (did I spell that correctly)

Must be nearly Spring, everyone gets all antsy after 3months of this **** Melbourne Winter lols
    If it had perfect grammar you weren't looking at mine (( : a 54% in my English exam will attest to that.

It's a full moon Sterlo enough said.

On a positive note were very proud to announce that for the entire spring you'll be able to click on the link below and find Jennifer Hawkins, Megan Fox, Mila Kunis, Salma Hayek and Ron Moss playing naked twister while Ed Sherran plays acoustic guitar in the background well worth a look if you are bored www.gardeningservicesmelbourne.com.au

about USD$0.30 per click on Google :-)
    I heard the cash operators will do it for USD$0.15

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    I heard the cash operators will do it for USD$0.15
    Bloody low ballers

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    If you are being genuine id be more than happy if admin leaves it as is, it just come across to me as a self promoting exercise especially when you became slightly aggressive when the site was given genuinely honest feedback. Just hate to see the forum end up being a home for endless self promoting threads. Think it deserves better myself.
    Actually decided to check back in! Hate internet f***** trolls. Prove it is nothing other than that! Have not got anything better to do Scoob. It all goes back to a few years ago when I made a comment on your post and I didn't realise how sensitive you are.
    Just like I told someone else earlier in the day get your head outa your a*** and stop trolling!
    Maybe a few legit comments like Bluey, Joe and Red would keep this on topic.
    If you want to make this about me and you well I have just started.

Bit light on for testimonials :-)

Just did an update on mine if you wouldn't mind checking www.sterlinggardenservices.com , can u pls check it on pc and mobile devices?
    Testimonials! What testimonials??? Is there a page for that?

oh...and the guy on the Walker should be wearing appropriate ppe surely?
    You should ask Geoff to ask his mate! Apparently he has plugs in!

Quote Originally Posted by seliment View Post
    Might sound boring but in that situation (with blue background) white or black text is very clear/readable. Purple may work, but I think red would probably be hard to read.

Further on you have blue text on yellow/gold background --- very clear and readable.
    It's the yellow/gold text on the blue background --- the text (to my eyes) wants to disappear/blend into the blue background. The black or white text contrasts with the blue background and is good.

Be aware or one thing, what will look good / work well on a screen will probably not work well if you put exactly the same on a printed page. It's all due to the screen being 'projected light' (ie additive colors) and printed material being 'reflected light' (ie subtractive colours).

This sort of stuff is often quite well explained in a basic graphic design book.
    I recall from my days when in uni we started with the first Apple Macs, that for example the 'ideal' size of text for clarity/ease of reading is 1 point (a point is 1/72 inch) for every 2.54cm (ie inch) that the reader is from page. This works out at about 10-12pts for a printed page and about 36points for a poster display. There are also a few 'basic rules' as to what colour/background mixes work and what don't. For example, almost always avoid yellow text for anything printed on paper.

Joe
    Thanks Joe, black looks heaps better

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Look pretty good John. Your Google maps module on home page isnt working though isnt working though
    Thanks Bluey, apparently need something from google he is waiting on. API KEY???

Fark me this turned into a **** storm. Seriously, nothing constructive to say guys, then stfu. This place doesn't need to be dragged down any further. Support those who support you and the industry being Dean. Unity not division boys.
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Testimonials! What testimonials??? Is there a page for that?
    There was a page headed testimonials, but was more of a contact page...looks like its been cleared up :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

looks good all in all, clean and google compliant :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Yep ..looks ok ..if anything I would say front photos are a bit large (personal pref tho) ..also in the 'about us' section I read to "John. After leaving school.." I don't think many would read any further (im judging tho ). Colors are spot-on.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Actually decided to check back in! Hate internet f***** trolls. Prove it is nothing other than that! Have not got anything better to do Scoob. It all goes back to a few years ago when I made a comment on your post and I didn't realise how sensitive you are.
    Just like I told someone else earlier in the day get your head outa your a*** and stop trolling!
    Maybe a few legit comments like Bluey, Joe and Red would keep this on topic.
    If you want to make this about me and you well I have just started.

Just be honest with the rest of us Indi's mate thats all i'm asking. Save the bs. You say your aren't i say you are, we'll agree to disagree. Not trolling just calling you on it.

Deviating slightly your starting a precedent with these threads you realise that don't you. Its not the first time you've done one of these type threads, in isolation you'd probably let it slide but they keep bopping up. I haven't said anything in the past but its becoming a habit. The problem i've got with these type of threads is if the rest of us do the same where does that leave the forum? Endless threads of contractors flogging their own business, really is that what we want? Hey A to Z Gardening Services has purchased a new brushcutter click on www.gardeningservicesmelbourne.com.au to view it, hey A to Z Gardening Services now does landscaping view details here www.gardeningservicesmelbourne.com.au , hey A to Z Gardening Services has a new website www.gardeningservicesmelbourne.com.au check out the spelling and the font and let me know what you think . I don't think that's what we want is it? Or maybe it is.

A lot of the Melbourne guys have dropped off ever wonder why? Say hello to team South East for me.

I am not buying into who is doing what here but I think you both need to let it drop. Personally I don't have problem with people making posts on this site and driving a bit more traffic their way. It is part of why we have this forum. Anything that can help us is a good thing isnt it. To be honest I haven't seen much of it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast