Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 64 users online. 2 members

Default 64 users online. 2 members

64 NON Member users online right now and there all beer bobs taking our FREE Business tips, enough is enough.

Forums should be 99% members only

Default Re: 64 users online. 2 members

How about having to provide your ABN and/or Certificate of Currency to become a forum member?
    Wonder how many members we'd have then?

Also as far as I can tell this forum is part of a greater commercial operation that in part sells 'the dream' to prospective new operators so can't see it being in their interests to close it to outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    64 NON Member users online right now and there all beer bobs taking our FREE Business tips, enough is enough.

Maybe the owner has a different opinion!
    as tgc says " as I can tell this forum is part of a greater commercial operation that in part sells 'the dream' to prospective new operators so can't see it being in their interests to close it to outsiders."

And if it was would we all share our business secrets freely with everyone else. Hmmm. I doubt it. We share somethings and we keep other stuff quite. We are all competitors in the long run
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    And if it was would we all share our business secrets freely with everyone else. Hmmm. I doubt it. We share somethings and we keep other stuff quite. We are all competitors in the long run
    Spot on Bluey.
    Some times it is all our best interests to operate as a united group and share information.
    But those "golden" key moves - the ones that mean the opposition doesn't have a chance against you - you save for "check-mate"

"An expert is someone who thinks/pretends they know it all - a true professional is someone who has learnt enough over the years to realise how little they actually know"
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

I always thought it should have been a closed forum... Maybe a couple of threads for non members asking questions about the industry or equipment etc and close a few other threads just for members.

I tried registering on the forum in January by clicking on the link that says 'register' at the top of any forum page. I'll shop you what the message looks like by taking a screen dump after logging out as that's the only way I can now see it. I've placed it below after cropping just the top section. The message highlighted in yellow is what an unregistered user sees.

Register.jpg

If you then click on the link you will get the following message, like I did in January.

Register.jpg

I then clicked on a 'contact us' link a few times to ask when registration was ever going to be enabled again and never received a reply. My guess is it's set up with an old e-mail address for the administrator. Finally I tracked down a phone number for Dean and then got registered. That's my experience. A lot of hoops had to be jumped through to get on board. I wonder how many people out there are stuck in the same continuous loop. Surely it can't be just dumbass me.

I'm sure many of these lurkers would be interested to pay the fee and join and be able to see pcitures that are posted that they can't see as non-members and enjoy the benefits of access to cheap PLI etc.

For some reason I can't seem to edit the post above now. Maybe it's becaue I logged out for a while. The second pic above is the same as the first. Here is the correct second pic.

Disabled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Which is a shame because early days we looked out for each other, even contractors that worked the same area had each others backs. Times change i guess.

maybe scoob theres still a bit of love out there from some contractors..i haven't given up yet

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    maybe scoob theres still a bit of love out there from some contractors..i haven't given up yet
    Not like the heyday though (( : but i'm hearing you.