Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: What poison to use

Default What poison to use

Have been using Glyphosate but with it being so wet I haven't been able to spray, can anyone recommend another poison.

Default Re: What poison to use

have you tried the 560 power round up bit expensive but 30 min and is fine...need to make sure you charge it to the customer though...

Just use normal glyphosate and mix in some veggie oil, this will make it stick to leaf, it can rain 1/2 hour after application and it wont effect it. 10ml per litre. If using on waxy plants then you only need 10ml per 5 litres

Roundup ULTRAŽ MAX Herbicide 570 g/L glyphosate, its has rainfastness in 20 min. you can spray i light rain and still get good results its the best. it works out alot cheaper than anything else if you buy 20ltrs @ $160 ,

Hmmm, Im not sure but,in relation to glypho, can't the dilution rate simply be changed for the desired result ?
    Or is it a logarithmic type situation ?
    Cheers Fred.

yep, when l was contract spraying bitou bush, rate was up to 100:1, higher from helicopter, mostly dependant on time of year

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Hmmm, Im not sure but,in relation to glypho, can't the dilution rate simply be changed for the desired result ?
    Or is it a logarithmic type situation ?
    Cheers Fred.
    The dilution rate should be linear. Ie use 45/57 ~= 80% of the amount of glypho 450gm/l product.

In any case, READ and FOLLOW the instructions on the label for each product --- it's that simple.

Joe.

Add vegie oil as mentioned or a wetta soil type product will hold better. I usually buy the cheapest stuff i can get seems to still have a decent kill rate at a much more attractive price.

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

In the past Ive purchased top of the line roundup 20lts at a time and the price ends up $8Lt. Same as the cheap alternative but with all the good additives like rainfast in 20mins. Worth looking at and if 20lts is too much for you go halves with a mate. I buy these chemicals because you can spray on crap wet days and you know it'll work. If you have to go back to the job because you couldn't spray or it didn't work then you've lost money.

Thanks guys, did a job two weeks ago mixed equal parts glyphosate and vegetable oil, within an hour of finishing it rained and it bucketed down, i thought that was a wast of time (48 liters from a back pack sprayer takes a while) anyway went back to same job this morning thinking I should have got an a 4 wheeler with a spray unit. To my astonishment every thing I had sprayed a fortnight ago was dead.

I now carry a bottle of vegetable oil in the trailer bloody brilliant.

Yes why pay for the expensive roundup when you can buy the cheaper stuff add cheap vegetable oil, gets the same result and save at least a third of the price of the dearer stuff. More money in your pocket, isn't that we all want.