Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda HRX217HYA vs HRU216 - Arfa Brayne, 4 years commercial use final comparison.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA vs HRU216 - Arfa Brayne, 4 years commercial use final comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    My third HRX217 which was only 2 MONTHS old, already has problem with Gearbox. The grass clipping going to the transmission and damaging the sealant and gearbox.
    The seller trying to get the news from Honda whether is still under warranty or not.
    My Honda has a gear box problem also. It is a 215 Honda, just a few years older than yours. Started with it not shifting to 1st, now making noises in second. Maybe do a rebuild on gear box and it will last another 10-15 years.

Unfortunately many things new these days have your same problem.

Default Re: Honda HRX217HYA vs HRU216 - Arfa Brayne, 4 years commercial use final comparison.

but im talking 2 MONTHS old mower.

Wow - sounds like I was very lucky to get my HRX's from USA before Honda Australia managed to stuff up a pretty good design.
    Other guys are having problems with the Aussie versions because the catchers don't flow as freely as the USA ones.
    Also was very lucky to get them at $1k delivered to my door when the Aussie dollar was strong.

Regardless, I'll keep buying mine from the USA. I've no faith whatsoever in Honda Australia. (wouldn't be surprised to find out they're substituting cheap chinese copy parts for the genuine USA honda components)
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Wow - sounds like I was very lucky to get my HRX's from USA before Honda Australia managed to stuff up a pretty good design.
    Other guys are having problems with the Aussie versions because the catchers don't flow as freely as the USA ones.
    Also was very lucky to get them at $1k delivered to my door when the Aussie dollar was strong.

Regardless, I'll keep buying mine from the USA. I've no faith whatsoever in Honda Australia. (wouldn't be surprised to find out they're substituting cheap chinese copy parts for the genuine USA honda components)

or maybe you clean urs :-)
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Has anyone got the HRX217HZU (electric start). Would you recommend electric start? Is it relaible. Must be a battery on it somewhere and a starter motor I assume? Does it add much weight?
    I have one of each - the electric start imported from the USA, the pull start local.

The Electric start version has taken a beating and at present I've retired it, it needs a new carb. I found the key starting was terrific when new, but as time went on the battery would discharge faster and then wouldn't hold much charge at all - I've not bothered with it since and just use the pull start on it.

The local bought Pull start HRX as I've already noted, hit a cut off metal fence post in long grass ages ago and seems to have bent the shaft ever so slightly - still works fine just vibrates at idle. As also previously noted, I had some wire wrap around the rear axle stuffing the seals on the gearbox - Honda Aus quoted $800 or so with no stock for a month, purchased from the USA for just over $300, is going well since.

I've looked and looked at buying something else in a 21" multching self propelled, can't find anything I have confidence in. Mower shops seem to dislike the HRX series for some reason also.

Quote Originally Posted by yard mates View Post
    I have one of each - the electric start imported from the USA, the pull start local.

The Electric start version has taken a beating and at present I've retired it, it needs a new carb. I found the key starting was terrific when new, but as time went on the battery would discharge faster and then wouldn't hold much charge at all - I've not bothered with it since and just use the pull start on it.

The local bought Pull start HRX as I've already noted, hit a cut off metal fence post in long grass ages ago and seems to have bent the shaft ever so slightly - still works fine just vibrates at idle. As also previously noted, I had some wire wrap around the rear axle stuffing the seals on the gearbox - Honda Aus quoted $800 or so with no stock for a month, purchased from the USA for just over $300, is going well since.

I've looked and looked at buying something else in a 21" multching self propelled, can't find anything I have confidence in. Mower shops seem to dislike the HRX series for some reason also.
    Thanks for your reply.

Any reviews on the new honda 216?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Looks promising
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a joke, right?
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    No Joke,that's how he runs his machine.I think he runs 2 extra bolts to keep the blades together
    I did think about doing the same but the more i thought about it more i realised how it could go all wrong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12