Hey Guys,

I'm back in the game, currently about to move to north Brisbane to help a friend run a substantial lawn mowing business he has bought up there.

Anyways we need a back up mower, something that will probably only do about 100hrs per season max.

Now i have come across a Great Dane Chariot with a I think a 25hp Kohler, a 61" deck and about 750hrs. I have been told it was only for home use (a bit of over kill i know) and with those hours working out to less than 1 hour a week it makes sense.

If I can get it for the right price it looks like a good little machine.

I know the common faults with these Great Danes are fatigue breaks around the frame for the front wheels, the blade spindles aren't the greatest compared to modern machines and not having sprung seats comfort isn't great either. However generally speaking they where not bad things as my dad ran 2 of them in 72" deck sizes and they handled wet Kikuyu just fine, reliable money making machines.

So my main question is can you actually still get parts for them easily/work done at mowershops?

I'm thinking pulleys, spindles, belts and hydraulic parts?

Thanks guys, im looking forward to contributing to this forum again. I miss the smell of cut grass