Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Newbie from West Lakes SA

Default Newbie from West Lakes SA

Hello every one, i will be starting my mowing round in a week or two.
    So i`m sure i will be here with a few questions for the Pro`s to answer if its not posted else where.
    Any one west of adelaide do drop by and say hi, could do with some tips as a newbie.
    Cheers for now
    Dan

Default Re: Newbie from West Lakes SA

good stuff Dan i remember when i started and that was in the winter, it gave me the chance to start slowly and learn the ropes . i had plenty of time to do the jobs with great detail and with more experience i got quicker ..i wished i had the information now available especially on this forum ..that was near 30 years ago and i am still going at 62.....mate one piece of advice is ...ask as many questions as you can don't worry about them being basic or silly just ask away as there are a few on here that have done a bit....

Thanks Geoff , looking forward to the wise wisdom of the fellow members on here.
    Having been an underground miner most of my life, i am looking forward to being out in the sunshine, (and rain ).

Yeah you're not that far from me,but Adelaide is quiet at the moment as nothing is growing being so cold and little to no rain to get the weeds growing.Last winter was busy compared to this one.
    You thinking in buying a existing round or starting from scratch ?

Welcome Dan, if i have a tip right off the bat do your homework on prices in your area, undercutting does the industry no good whatsoever and over charging does the same thing to you. Get your prices right from the start, build a compact/tight round and you'll be set.