Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Newbie in Western Sydney

Default Newbie in Western Sydney

G'day Ladies and Gents

From Kings Langley and have grown up here since 89.

I'm new to the industry and I've been floating around the forum since October last year and have already learnt a massive amount from the information shared by everyone on here.
    Starting my own mowing / gardening business has always been on the cards for several years now and I've finally been preparing to kick off a new business part time on the weekends. I will still be keeping my current Monday-Friday job just for the security of a steady income until I expand and get more clients. One thing I've noticed and will never do which I could not stand while I was a mechanic was the amount of under quoting and charging that goes on just to get a job. It definitely weeded out the good and bad clients I guess and who to focus on and take care of.

Ill be looking at starting towards all the new houses and properties being developed in and around the area within a reasonable distance from me. Ill be going into this new venture fully insured and registered.

Little bit about myself:
    I'm a qualified automotive mechanic and have worked within the automotive, truck and heavy machinery industry for about 13 yrs. Currently working in spare parts but don't enjoy the aspect of being in an office all day long. I have always enjoyed being outdoors and helping my old man in the garden from mowing to designing the front and back yard (which is getting a work out from our dog atm) so its under a few repairs. My free times spent on the dirt bike / MTB when I'm not at work.

One thing I have learnt too from my workshop days is to buy quality equipment. I also like the idea of getting my major equipment from a shop that I can physically visit and someone I can talk to who knows the products they sell. Already been to a few shops around the area and have been checking out some mowers and brush cutters. A couple of brands that I've liked was Shindaiwa, Kubota and Toro.

I've got plenty to learn and have probably missed a ton of stuff. But I cant wait to start and gain more knowledge.

Cheers!

Default Re: Newbie in Western Sydney

welcome mate, and good luck with your venture

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Cheers Redeye!

Goodluck & hope it all goes well for you

Thanks! Picked up my mower and brush cutter yesterday. Once all the insurance is finalised I'll be posting the flyers in the new areas!