We'll my offsider who was doing the bulk of the work for me as I am studying full time has received a better offer and it has left me in a bit of a quandary, I was planning on selling the business to him when I had finished my studies in a couple of years time but one of our clients offered him a full time caretaker roll which was too good for him to pass up.

This got me to thinking that some would rather buy a business without an employee so is now a good time to sell? Some of the issues however, are my business is more so gardening than just lawn mowing and most clients are very high end so it's unlikely someone without reasonable experiance would keep the clientell happy, Valueing it as it's not your typical lawn mowing run is a bit trickier, I only have a few weeks to either put someone else on or sell so the time frame is probably too tight, I have run the business to suit my circumstances with me studying so it is nowhere as profitable on paper as it is and could be which probably effects it's value.

So my question would be, if you were hypothetically buying a similar business, would you rather it.
1) With a good employee who knew the ropes and you could easily continue to build it from there (I currently knock back plenty of requests for work and have a backlog of things existing clients would like done)
2) As something that would keep yourself overly busy, as well as needing a bit of help here and there
3) Alternatively I am also considering just keeping a few clients to suit this season in my life and would therefore sell it at a work load that would suit a single operator.