Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Victa mulchmaster 560

Default Victa mulchmaster 560

Well it looks like I could be in the market for a mulchmaster. I am going to get rid of the walker, its just not getting used enough. Ive had it for just over 12 months and only put 10 hours on it. That makes me sad , its a great mower but I feel its to much money to be sitting idle.

So I am thinking of the victa for my bigger mulch jobs, it will probably get used more than I think. So my question to the guys who run them is which donk should I get and why, I'm not into the two stroke, I had one over 10 years ago , so I know a bit about the machine. And where do you get your blades from, I would want to buy blades in bulk if possible.

Its really hard to let the walker go, I should of bought the collection machine as it would of been used heaps, but it looks like my ride on days are over. I have been solo since Christmas as my offsider left me. That was all cool he let me know that he was going , so I have been downsizing and working on my own , I don't know how long I will be able to keep going but things could be worse

Default Re: Victa mulchmaster 560

I have Made a YouTube video on it..
    Check out geeenies mowing

briggs for me, plenty of grunt and pretty indestructible - mine are the 850 though

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Mine is the briggs too.the only thing i have broken are the drive belts..the obit thing i don't like is the small fuel tank

you def want to get a long range fuel tank

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

So what about the blades, where are you buying them. And Paul I know you are a long time user, so you are mulching most lawns , so I'm sure it would be as good and probably better than the Honda? I will see the dealer in the morning and find out which donk he can get, I would be happy with either the briggs or Honda , have used both brands for a long time

l buy blades wherever is cheapest online - get about 10 sets
    haven't used a honda for a long time but would guess the victa mulches better

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks mate. I spoke to the dealer today, $1300 for the briggs, $1600 for the Honda. he is going to ring me on Monday with his best price. I don't know whether the Honda is worth $300 more, I haven't used that briggs motor, they had one on another machine it looked alright, I do have that Honda motor on my billy goat vac and have had no problems. I'm keen to get it asap as my walker was sold yesterday arvo , bit sad about that. Also sold my beloved pajero this morning,bit sad about that too, but my new car is very nice I must say

Double check with your dealer as to availability. Most recent info suggested that Briggs 850 and Honda have been discontinued and replaced with Vanguard.
    A great workhorse but not too light on its "feet".
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    Double check with your dealer as to availability. Most recent info suggested that Briggs 850 and Honda have been discontinued and replaced with Vanguard.
    A great workhorse but not too light on its "feet".
    Cheers
    On the victa website they seem to offer the Honda and the Vanguard, no Briggs 850. Is it just me or is there some force at work to take away any engine or product that gets a good review on this forum?

The briggs is still available

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    On the victa website they seem to offer the Honda and the Vanguard, no Briggs 850. Is it just me or is there some force at work to take away any engine or product that gets a good review on this forum?
    Makes you wonder why they would change. As far as I can see, the Vanguard is a rebadged B&S 750 Dov I/C which seems to be a great engine, but nowhere near the 850 for torque.
    I just bought a 19" Greenfield push mower with the 850 Professional Series engine. It's classed as a Residential mower, so virtually no Commercial warranty. But the "Commercial" model with the Vanguard engine has a 3 yr commercial warranty. From the specs and photos, the mowers look identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    The briggs is still available
    I thought I checked the Victa website carefully and I just double checked it. They offer the Honda and Vangaurd on the SP models. Maybe you have info from somewhere else but that is according to there website. Unless I've misread something. Also I can't see the 850 offered on any of there non SP models either.

I picked it up today, I went with the Honda motor, but it is the motor on the 216 Honda mowers, not the one with the plastic cowling.

The dealer rang the victa rep while I was there so my questions could be answered, at the time the rep was in the warehouse so this should be reliable info.
    They have stopped using the 190 Honda motor on this mower, and Honda motors that are not on Honda mowers from now on will have black cowlings.

I asked about the briggs motor and they are only using the vanguard which I wasn't real keen on.

So I am so far impressed , I mowed part of my backyard just to try it out, and I must say it mulches really well the clippings were much finer than the Honda, so next week it will get a real workout, but it feels like a tough mower

P1010019.jpgP1010020.jpgP1010018.jpgP1010021.jpg

The mower, done about 4 hours so far. It mulches really well, better than the Honda and as good as my beloved walker.

Things I don't like , it is harder to turn than the Honda, I seem to get hung up on the rubber flap a fair bit , especially if you have to pull it backwards, has anyone cut this flap shorter.
    It wheel spins easily and is not a positive drive like the Honda, this is probably because of the belt, I tightened it up a bit and it was better.

Things I like cut quality, and the way it slices through thick grass without struggling like the Honda. I'm sure after a few more hours I will like it even more, gotta fit the hour meter

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast