Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Victa mulchmaster 560

Default Re: Victa mulchmaster 560

yep, its a bloody good machine, you will get used to it, and with that flap i cut mine in half its a pain in the ass!!

cut the flap for sure! read your manual and adjust the clutch and speed...it mightn't be done right at the shop.....mine is super quick as thats how l like it, but you can control it by feathering the lever

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks guys, I cut the flap, might be a bit short now but it is better to turn. Seems to be set right now, I haven't been running it at the fastest speed as its to quick for me or I should say for my worn out legs. But it is much faster than the Honda.

Hi NLALM
    Does the Victa 560 have a vari speed control? Could you use that to slow your mower down? I had a victa 550 and it was single speed and way to fast for me. So I was hoping the new model was adjustable.
    Anyone know where I can see a Victa 560 in Toowoomba?
    Very sick of this "we can get you one in mate". Want to see one before buying.
    Cheers
    hjl

Yes mate it has a variable speed control. The fastest setting is to quick for me. I will put some more pictures up if you like to show you

Hi NLALM
    Good to know the 560 does have the variable speed control. So how slow can it be? Some pictures would be nice thanks.
    Cheers
    hjl

I will make a video tomorrow and see if it will upload, will be easier to show you

P1010980.jpg

Seems you can't up load a video, I made one and let me tell ya the production was nothing short of mind-blowing ....

Anyway there is seven speed settings the slowest is pretty slow , I run it on 5 that is a bit faster than the honda when on full throttle so the 2 faster ones are very quick.

In the video I showed the hour meter I put on yesterday, and the steel wear plate on the side which is a great idea.

Hi NLALM
    Nice photo. Thank you.
    Cheers
    hjl

So I have had the mower for a while now, so I want to give an honest opinion of the machine. I have been using Hondas for about 20 years now so I know all the good and bad points , I still think they are the best mower to have if you can only afford one mower, and need to mulch and collect grass.

Just remember I sold my mb walker and went to the victa mulch master , The walker was an awesome mulch mower , so that gives me something to compare the mulch master to.
    I use the victa on a lot more jobs than the walker and the reason for this is access to the yards, the walker just wouldn't fit in to a lot of places, no point in having a $12k machine not getting enough use.

So back to the victa I bought it after the positive feedback from the guys using them whos opinions I respect, and still do , Thanks fellas

What I like about the machine, well out of the box it has a solid feel about it, and it has a very positive stance if you like, just the way it feels as you drive it compared to the Hondas, also it is very smooth this would be because it is belt driven, but it is smooth and the handle feels solid and the thin drive lever is very comfortable and easy to use.

I did have one of these mowers about ten years ago, but at the time my offsider didn't like it , so I sold it, no good having it sit in the shed. It was the 2 stroke which I didn't like .

This time I went for the Honda motor, because I know these motors very well, so I just stuck with what I know, but I don't think you could go wrong with either engine option, the motor feels plenty powerful enough and I haven't needed to have it revving its guts out to get through any jobs yet....
    I bought it to mulch with, I don't do feral stuff anymore that may require side discharging.
    The overall build quality is very good it feels like a robust mower, the wheels are sturdy but I would like to see steel rims and rubber tires on contractor mowers.

Ok the most important thing for any mower is the cut quality, and my verdict on this is this mower is, its second to none as far as its ability to mulch and produce a more than acceptable finish. It idles through jobs where the Honda would be working hard, the extra inch cut width over the Honda is noticeable, and welcomed. Just yesterday I did a job that I used to do on the walker and this is a big call for me because I love walkers, but to be honest the finish on this lawn was better than the walker, and not marginally better it looked like it had been caught, there was no blowing any clumps left behind and it wasn't a dry lawn either.
    I have been using the blades it came with which are like a low lift, but have been told by a mate that it will mulch even better when the lift wears off the blade

So what don't I like , because no mower is perfect right, well for one the rubber flap on the back is just stupid and has to be cut off, victa could do something really cool and maybe put a bit of aluminium with victa either laser cut or perforated in it , that would look good.
    Also it is harder to pull backwards or push forward then the Honda, this is the drive system, which is my only other concern and how well it will stand up to being thrashed day in day out, it doesnt look to be very robust but time will tell. Its a bit harder to handle in tight areas than the Honda too.

And that's about it, The more I use this mower the more I like it, I really wish I had it years ago. If you want to be the mulch master you need a mulch master. I can see myself using it on lawns that I collect, in fact I already am...

welcome aboard

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Great Review there and I guess many folks will get a lot from that read. The rear wheels just keep on lasting as the diameter of them narrows. Last longer than a 216 from my experience. I've two spare rear wheels in the trailer for the past 6 months thinking tread may peal off soon. But there still going. Have also found the front wheels mounts to be more robust than 216, although having said such, I'm not taking anything away from the 216 mounts, but I have had to re space slop in the 216 front axle wheel mount.
    Enjoy the Beast.
    Last edited by RSM-Gazza; 20-05-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Cheers Garry

l recently regrooved the drive wheels with a 4" angle grinder, they're a rip-off price to replace them

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

What mulch deck did you have on your walker?
    I've got a 2 stroke mulchmaster and mb19 with dm48 and the walker is just as good as the mulchmaster.

Anyone used the victa 560 for side discharge work?
    Anyone used the big bob mower for side discharge work? I do all the time.
    Anyone used both mowers? Which mower gives the best finish side discharging?
    Cheers
    hjl

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast