Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Victa mulchmaster 560

Default Re: Victa mulchmaster 560

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Anyone used the victa 560 for side discharge work?
    Anyone used the big bob mower for side discharge work? I do all the time.
    Anyone used both mowers? Which mower gives the best finish side discharging?
    Cheers
    hjl
    Yep, i had the big bob, it was a great mower, though i like the mulch master better, bib bob u had to push it it wasn't self propelled and the vista you can mulch with it, i got rid of big bob when i bought the mulch master, i like it better
    if u do a search on here for big bob u might find a video i posted a while ago

Hi Greenie
    So you believe the victa 560 gives a better finish than the big bob when side discharging?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers
    hjl

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    Hi Greenie
    So you believe the victa 560 gives a better finish than the big bob when side discharging?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers
    hjl
    yep.. i think so,
    https://www.facebook.com/Greeniesmow...8585941182790/

Anyone else back up Greenie's thoughts?
    Cheers
    hjl

just go and buy one, there is no perfect mower every mower has its own niche, i have used just about every push mower u can buy except the toro turf master 30" I'm buying one next week,!! I'm going to give it ago, if it doesn't work i have still made money of it, ill sell it and stick with what i have!!
    doesn't matter who back me up, and the end of the day u still haven't tried it, and u need to otherwise u will never 100% know how good they are..)

compare the decks - big bob isn't really commercial quality. See if you can get an older blue 550, cut is just as good....as l've said before, there's a reason councils all over oz have used them for decades

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    just go and buy one, there is no perfect mower every mower has its own niche, i have used just about every push mower u can buy except the toro turf master 30" I'm buying one next week,!! I'm going to give it ago, if it doesn't work i have still made money of it, ill sell it and stick with what i have!!
    doesn't matter who back me up, and the end of the day u still haven't tried it, and u need to otherwise u will never 100% know how good they are..)
    I have toro turfmaster about 3 months, it is very fast mower, faster from rover procut560 and honda hru216
    you will need to put blades down with some washers.. Engine kawasaki it is good but i would like 2hp more.
    I would like to buy Hi-lift blades for it but it come only with mulch low blades, and sometime that is problem with throw clippings in catcher.

I should start a you tube channel , its easier to explain things in a vid, using the mower this week and thinking of all the things I didnt mention in the review. Greenie why haven't you put up any vids for a while , is it worth doing or to much work ? I enjoyed your videos , there is not enough aussie mowing content , Make sure you let us know what you think of the turf master.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I should start a you tube channel , its easier to explain things in a vid, using the mower this week and thinking of all the things I didnt mention in the review. Greenie why haven't you put up any vids for a while , is it worth doing or to much work ? I enjoyed your videos , there is not enough aussie mowing content , Make sure you let us know what you think of the turf master.
    I used to get heaps of ppl that want to start a business ring me everyday.. and competitors calling me up all the time asking questions .i was worried someone might follow me home pinch all my gear

Hi Greenie
    Your thoughts are interesting. Maybe I should just do it as the ads say.
    Hi Redeye
    Comparing the decks could be interesting. The steel one on the big bob would be more forgiving with rocks I think. The cast alum. could just break when hit by rocks. Here in the granite belt it is when you hit rocks not if.
    Thanks for for your thoughts.
    hjl

Hi Hjl. Have been using both a Mulchmaster (GSV 190 Honda powered) and a Big Bob for side discharge over many years. Both are great at what they do but they go about it in very different ways. Big Bob is light and nimble but just does not have the raw power (in standard state) to attack jungles. The mulchmaster (with modified discharge) is nowhere as light on its feet as Bob but makes up for it with an ability to tackle almost anything. Points win to the Victa.

Hi fastfreddy
    Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers
    hjl

Got about 30 hours on the 560 now, only thing I can say is I wish I had of bought it years ago. I use it on heaps of lawns haven't had a problem the wheels seem to be wearing much less than the Honda , and the drive is nice and smooth. It mulches really well and will go through anything when the blades are worn flat.

The worn off blade angle are better I find for higher growth mulching ie clover or when your doing the lawn a week late. Raked angle blades for recently mowed lawns maybe are better.
    Mark, I recommend to carry these spares,
    The two belt pulleys located under the plastic cover - they come as a two pulley set on the pivots and as the pulley closest to motor can wear quicker over time.
    The ratchet cogs left/right inside the rear wheels, I carry two sets at home due to the inner spring can snap in time. If the split pin within the racket drive cog moves out, it will prevent one wheel from rotating when pulled backwards.
    The moved pin will be the one on the opposite side to the wheel that won't rotate causing the issue. I use a glav flathead nail to punch pin out a little further. Then drop some Thread locktite in the hole and re centre the split pin and that stops the pin sliding out on its own.
    I also carry two spare drive belts and I'm on my second forward speed engagement cable that attaches to the engage handle. As it fails at the gear box end due wear/kinking. But this is all after years of total abuse and use.

The wheels will never wear out seriously. I bought spare rear wheels last Spring thinking I may need them on the go and the spare wheels are still in the plastic bags waiting to go on.

I have a very good friend who just became a Jim's in Donvale area and I'm trying to convince him to buy a 560.

Edit,
    Undo the 4 screws/bolts to the black plastic drive belt cover. Put grease in the threads and re screw. The two closest to the motor on mine sized in and had to be drill out. With Green 6.5mm Plastic plugs then inserted to take screws again. Most of the above I've mentioned before, but just re capping it within one post.

Enjoy the Beast
    Cheers Garry

Thanks mate , I might stock up on the spares you mention don't want it to stuff up in the heat of summer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast