Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hourly rate increase

Default Hourly rate increase

Hi everyone
    I've been increasing my hourly rate by a percentage every year so now I'm charging $60-70 per hour for lawn mowing.

I remember ages ago there was an hourly rate which was pretty much the industry's standard rate that allot of people went of,

Has anyone increased their hourly rate or has the industry standard rate increased?

It was generally $50 per hour 2 years ago but due to business running costs and the CPI increase every year...I'm pretty sure it's not that anymore
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Default Re: Hourly rate increase

I aim for $60ph and have a $2 price increase every 12-15 months for domestic yards
    I know guys 15kls away that get $70ph but the area i work won't allow that sort of price,suburbs vary on pricing

l put my cut rate up $5 every 3 years or so

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

We are still pretty much on the $45/hr here in our area of Brisbane, and even that is a struggle to get lately with all the bear bobs taking over. I will be upping mine to $50/hr for most residential and upping commercial by an extra $15/hr in the new financial year.
    DJK Grounds & Gardens
    0416 931 867
    http://www.facebook.com/DJKGrounds?ref=hl

I have a "basic labour" rate, ie weeding, pruning, raking etc. As soon as a machine is needed it is basically a hire surcharge. Works well for me, but I'm not going to post what they are :-), there is a private section that isn't really that private I guess lols...I stagger my rate increases rather than all up at once
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Most blokes i know aim for a 5% increase every spring. Price goes up 1st of November. Easy time to get new work if you happen to drop one or two.

Note to the Melbourne contractors charging a dollar a minute.....still after all this time.....really!!! When the average Melbourne Joe working for someone else is taking home $1500 a week plus super, holidays etc etc the dollar a minute doesn't stack up anymore. Hasn't for years. Time to up your rates this spring. You'll go broke if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
    Note to the Melbourne contractors charging a dollar a minute.....still after all this time.....really!!! When the average Melbourne Joe working for someone else is taking home $1500 a week plus super, holidays etc etc the dollar a minute doesn't stack up anymore. Hasn't for years. Time to up your rates this spring. You'll go broke if you don't.
    +1 for Adelaide too!

$60PH is a tad last century.

All depends on state,suburb and the amount of competition all wanting a slice

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Have to agree with that mate
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Thats why i went out of my way to state Melbourne. There are parts of the country where a dollar a minute stacks up, smaller areas where houses are relatively cheap, living is cheap, in bigger cities where a lot of regular folk are taking home $1500 a week and where expenses are large, it doesn't. Its old redundant thinking.

Most blokes i know aim for a 5% increase every spring. Price goes up 1st of November. Easy time to get new work if you happen to drop one or two.

Do my increases this time of year too

Most of us are pretty busy so new quotes are generally higher than in winter when its quieter

With wage growth at an all time low and household debt an all time high, you've got to pick your mark. I work in a range of suburbs in Melbourne and i think it's horse's for courses. I generally increase by $5 every couple of years. And the apparently wealthier clients tend to be more averse to the increase than the 'average' client.

Thats why i went out of my way to state Melbourne. There are parts of the country where a dollar a minute stacks up, smaller areas where houses are relatively cheap, living is cheap, in bigger cities where a lot of regular folk are taking home $1500 a week and where expenses are large, it doesn't. Its old redundant thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    And the apparently wealthier clients tend to be more averse to the increase than the 'average' client.
    That's why they are wealthy. And usually miserable too.

Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    And the apparently wealthier clients tend to be more averse to the increase than the 'average' client.
    so, so true.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast