Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hourly rate increase

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Hourly rate increase

My minimum rate for most new clients is $40 and it doesn't matter how small it is, I will drop below this but only if it's going to suit me to do so. ie very small and very close to existing clients so no traveling time.
    As I have said before when you're not desperate for work increase your quote prices if you don't get as many jobs you can still find you are making as much money but working less hard also remember 5 x $40 lawns verse 4 x $50 lawns of the same size may appear to be the same amount for 20% less effort but it's actually more in your pocket as you also have a drop in expenses
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    $30 - $40 a hour is a good starting point for all solo beginners,
    I know guys which have been in the business for many years and working new housing developments which all have small yards all there jobs are going to be 20-30 mins working at that $1.00 per minute,no point trying to raise the $ rate as you'll get dropped and replace because that's all those suburbs are paying.

The only way they can work more efficiently is when there is no customer to talk too and the jobs are only minutes apart,but reading on this forum long term contractors who run a round that's 50kl's long i hate to think what that hourly rate is like.

I call bull$hit to some of these dollar rates being thrown around on forums as it's not possible to achieve in every round Australia wide..Why.. Because not every round is the same.
    Agree.
    I've been stuck at the $1 p/minute rate for jobs for 10yrs and has been a struggle to increase it.
    The only way I have increased my take home hourly rate was to increase the minimum cut price (so even a 3 minute job is $25) and working smarter.
    Condense the round so less travel(wasted nonproductive time)and get rid of problem jobs that don't stack up dollar wise.
    As far as minimum job price, every job has a cost to you before you even step foot onto the property. I put this at $15. That has to be taken into account.

Very Helpful Member

5 minutes driving to,5minutes driving home from and 10 minutes to do a quote means your "Free Quote" has cost you $20 at $60p/h not including the cost of fuel and wear and tear so remember to allow for this in your quote
    Also the last figure I heard for Jims was $88p/h and that was a while ago
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

1.19pm when most people are working and not on a PC or similar. I've dropped in for a very quick lunch
    But, "There are currently 124 users online. 5 members and 119 guests" absorbing the info.
    Too much info flowing freely
    Cheers Garry

correct. because the forum exposed to others as well. so we are giving our knowledge or experiences to others

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Well looks like I won't be getting the $350 I quoted

Just joking
    F@@@@@@@k you guys are cheap Looks like I missed it too

so why do we have the private forum when we do not use it for this very subject....i have had experience of a non member collecting info and undercutting ,,he got heaps of work because he knows what we charge ,,,,,silly billies boys get the rates into private forum....sure you say let them change the cheap rates but when u get one after the other it can bite you....i wish i had this knowledge 30 years ago when i started out free info wow''''

i prefer make it all privates. Only the joined member can see this. Otherwise, whats the point paying this if non paying people can also read it

unless we didnt need to pay it like the whirlpool, then that would be different stories.
    What benefit for us paying member fee? without pay, people can read it

$88 per hour! Hell yeah, I'll have that....
    Out there giving it my best shot

I looked at the private forum and I think that it said that it had never been posted in?!?!?!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    so why do we have the private forum when we do not use it for this very subject....i have had experience of a non member collecting info and undercutting ,,he got heaps of work because he knows what we charge ,,,,,silly billies boys get the rates into private forum....sure you say let them change the cheap rates but when u get one after the other it can bite you....i wish i had this knowledge 30 years ago when i started out free info wow''''
    Very quiet in the private section. I feel lonely in there by myself

hear a pin drop!

Very Helpful Member

It's payed members only in the private section

As I have said before regarding rates, I would rather have someone undercut me at $50.00 p/h because they know I charge more,than have then undercut me at $30 because they think I only charge $40.00.
    But then again I don't do p/hour work as most people won't pay my p/h rate but are willing to pay my job quote

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cut'n Ya Grass View Post
    I looked at the private forum and I think that it said that it had never been posted in?!?!?!?!??!

Threads: 406

Don't think it shows unless you are logged in it needs a separate password for access which might be something like fknonmmbrs or it may not be

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast