Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: MAKITA RBC2510 help

Default MAKITA RBC2510 help

Anyone got one and can give review? I'm also looking at the shindy m230. I can get the makita for a steal at only $287 or the shindy for $459. Both are comparable Imo. Also looking at stihl fs85 but at 569 that's almost twice the price of the makita. Thinking of putting speed feeds on the makita, the shindy comes with one.
    Independent and i know it

Default Re: MAKITA RBC2510 help

cant speak for all the types your on about , but i have the fs85 = 3 years now , only replaced a hand full of spark plugs , 2 air filters and base plate twice on the auto head , never had a problem with it ...

Very Helpful Member

i love my shindy t260 but if i was looking at a smaller 1 i would probably go the makita at that price
    have a read through this it may help http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...ita-Multi-Tool

Also note the stihl is in a different class to the makita 2510 and the shindy 230 more in the shindyT260 class
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I have the rbc3110 and it feels a bit short.Normally only used on ferals though have been giving it a good run for the last few days. Have a look at Hitachi too as I reckon they are a top unit for the money.

the makita has the subaru/robin engine which has always been the king of commercial engines

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I have 2 small 21cc makitas, 1 used for over a year in tandem with a bigger machine on domestic and no real problems. The head is useless so change that.

I also have a 34cc backpack makita but has not had much use, but when it does it goes well (except occasional idling issues)

I also have 2x m230s both older models and they go well - no issues at all but they have been used 99.9% as hedge and polesaw use. >> Parts may be an issue, if not they will probably be expensive

All good machines but Robin engines are excellent so I have taken advantage of Makitas introductory price trying to get established in Oz and am confident they will go the distance

No help here sorry. I do have an RBC2510 in the shed but it's still new in the boxes and unassembled. I have been using the Makita 2 stroke blower for a few months now and it has been good but not great. Starts on choke mostly first or second pull but sometimes when warm just doesn't want to start at all.

At that price grab one you wont be disappointed. As John said rip the head straight off and put a speed feed head on and your away. I have one that is over 5 years old and still going strong.
    Al
    May's Total Garden Care
    www.maystotalgardencare.com
    Ph: 0400556979

Anyone successfully put a speed feed on one of these??
    Independent and i know it

Quote Originally Posted by SM MOWING View Post
    Anyone successfully put a speed feed on one of these??
    The head will come with adapters for the different threads, just check which one fits the Makita and tap the other out. I dont remember having any problems getting it to fit it was one of the speed feed 450's from Dean's store.
    Al
    May's Total Garden Care

The only problem I have with Makita is that they feel like junk when you pick them up. The Stihl feels rihl. I am on Kevs bandwagon too lol. Its all organge here.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Smile Re: MAKITA RBC2510 help

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    The only problem I have with Makita is that they feel like junk when you pick them up. The Stihl feels rihl. I am on Kevs bandwagon too lol. Its all organge here.
    Yep rihl heavy.
    Al
    May's Total Garden Care

I have 2 makitas, the 4 stroke and the rbc 2510. They take a speed feed. Bought the 2510 so I could put a hedge trimmer on it. Don't use it that much, but for the price there's no way I would have bought anything else.

all I use now are 2510's, one a dedicated whippy, one a polesaw/hedgy

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    And I suppose having the stihl name on it and being much more expensive makes it much better?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast