Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What Honda SP for mulching

Default Re: What Honda SP for mulching

Can someone tell me why the Honda HRU216 doesn't leave a good finish mulching as some have said on here.What is it doing not leaving the finish you are looking for,is it only during certain seasons you have the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Can someone tell me why the Honda HRU216 doesn't leave a good finish mulching as some have said on here.What is it doing not leaving the finish you are looking for,is it only during certain seasons you have the problem.
    I think most people use 4 high lift blades to fix chute issues. mulching juicy grass with 4 highs leaves a paste on top off the lawn also with the RPM at 3600 it smaches the crap out of the grass making the paste worse.

I run 2 x 216's everyday one for mulching one for catching and discharge

Catch with 4 high lift blades and Mulch with 2 high and 2 low

mowers setup for two completely different jobs

when mulching if the grass is juicy i back off the revs a little to 3200 it help reduce the amount of paste,

Im going to try 4 low in the 216 next service and see how it goes mulching lawns through that couple of months extreme growth

What do you think about me getting a reasonable/good finish from the 216 during drier months,are they having any issues with dry lawns

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    What do you think about me getting a reasonable/good finish from the 216 during drier months,are they having any issues with dry lawns
    The drier months it will mulch line a pro. 3600 rpm 3rd gear, not issues when dry only during growth period when grass is to long and full sticky sap. a little bit of clipping will come out the left hand side near the rear wheel but mowing anti clockwise or lifting your height a bit fixes that.

What you have said Macka is no different to the other mowers i got and finish it leaves
    Toro 22"
    HRX with bar now disc
    Rover 22"
    Mulchmaster 22"

They all mulch the same when wet giving the same end results
    What i have learnt so far the HRX is not as good in mulching as everyone says when using a bar blade,they are for American conditions
    I should have just continued with the 216 for mulching as i had nothing to gain with these other mowers

Finally both HRX's were sold within a few weeks of each other so glad to see them gone.Now that was one lesson learnt in what not to use.

l got a new mulchmaster yesterday, not aware of any deck changes but it is mulching beautifully - 2 lawns didnt need touching with the blower at all

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    l got a new mulchmaster yesterday, not aware of any deck changes but it is mulching beautifully - 2 lawns didnt need touching with the blower at all
    Firstly congrat's on buying another MM workhorse.

Can I ask did you get the BS or honda engine, also is the chute extension the black plastic one that's stick out with screw in plug or the flap type one.
    Just curious, not that my Mulchmaster is stuffed but more curious re the black plastic chute extenstion V the flap type. I've the Plastic extension'.
    Cheers Garry

1st thing l do is take both the flap and extension off, just have the mulch plug screwed in
    It came with the briggs vanguard engine, would have preferred the 850 but they're not officially stocked any more.....and l needed one asap
    Will do my usual mods when l get time (have put a long range tank & fuel filter on already) probably up the revs, cut the back flap up a couple of inches...and they never come with the belt properly adjusted

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post

I was doing a nice easy mow of a vacant house that I'd done about 10 times before. Was nearly finished, and BANG. The blades disengaged & motor was vibrating badly.
    I had a full day ahead of me so didn't look much apart from checking I didn't leave a sump full of oil on the lawn.

When the dealer told me I had hit something hard and bent the crankshaft, I didn't believe him.
    I got the crankshaft straightened quite a while ago, and parked it up in the shed as I had the Mulchmaster & Rover 960 to keep me going.

Well I got sick of seeing all of the HRX spare parts in the shed, so decided I'd bring it back into the plant this arvo. Hopefully it will handle a few easy lawns tomorrow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345