Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Honda SP for mulching

Default Re: What Honda SP for mulching

Pretty much covered any questions you might ask about the HRX if you take the time to read through the posts here on Indi mowing.
    Bear in mind that all of my reviews on the HRX are based on the HRX's I imported from America - which has a different catcher material and probably better quality than anything slapped out by Honda Australia. (Honda Australia now sell the HRX here, but it is a local version)

Here is a link to start you.... do a search for more.
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...l=1#post151142
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

For mulching only is all i wanted it for with the twin blade design,it's no longer a brand i'm considering

All mowers usually have the same underside looking deck,what changes between the brands is how the blades work.The only machine that has made a effort to mulch better would have to be the Toro Heavy-Duty Commercial which has added deflectors to push the clippings back in for another round with the blades.
    Looks promising
    http://www.toro.com.au/product/heavy...-cm-heavy-duty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    All mowers usually have the same underside looking deck,what changes between the brands is how the blades work.The only machine that has made a effort to mulch better would have to be the Toro Heavy-Duty Commercial which has added deflectors to push the clippings back in for another round with the blades.
    Looks promising
    http://www.toro.com.au/product/heavy...-cm-heavy-duty
    I own this mower and use it as a main mower.. great machine.. very heavy.. but mulches great with the mulching blade but catches like crsp.. though if you put the bagging blade on it it is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I own this mower and use it as a main mower.. great machine.. very heavy.. but mulches great with the mulching blade but catches like crsp.. though if you put the bagging blade on it it is fantastic
    I see on another thread re mulchmaster thinking it would have been the first choice but as you say the toro is now the main mower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Pretty much covered any questions you might ask about the HRX if you take the time to read through the posts here on Indi mowing.
    Bear in mind that all of my reviews on the HRX are based on the HRX's I imported from America - which has a different catcher material and probably better quality than anything slapped out by Honda Australia. (Honda Australia now sell the HRX here, but it is a local version)

Here is a link to start you.... do a search for more.
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/sh...l=1#post151142
    So Honda Australia doing what it does well you think???

I see on another thread re mulchmaster thinking it would have been the first choice but as you say the toro is now the main mower.
    sorry i should of been more clear, the mulch master is also my main mower, i take 2 mowers with me every dau which is the mulch master and the toro, some lawns i can't mulch so i catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    sorry i should of been more clear, the mulch master is also my main mower, i take 2 mowers with me every dau which is the mulch master and the toro, some lawns i can't mulch so i catch.
    With curiosity which one is leaving a better finish ?

With curiosity which one is leaving a better finish ?
    very hard to say..they both leave fantastic finishes! and they both have different purposes...

Rainy day here so no work today and back to researching what to buy next.Back to the Honda 217 and decided to get one,but non left in Aust.Two dealers tell me have to wait for the next shipment from the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk30RQEwbzw

Rainy day here so no work today and back to researching what to buy next.Back to the Honda 217 and decided to get one,but non left in Aust.Two dealers tell me have to wait for the next shipment from the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk30RQEwbzw
    Just order direct from Speedway sales or another US dealer. Get a decent USA mower and probably pay less in the bargain. Takes about 2 weeks max from the time you order.
    Get your parts through Boats.net and pay 1/3 the price of Aussie dealers with delivery to your door in 10 - 14 days. Why wait 3 weeks to be stuffed around and charged a fortune just to buy from an overseas company (Honda Australia) for the illusion of buying Australian.
    Buy a Toro or Kubota.
    Plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Just order direct from Speedway sales or another US dealer. Get a decent USA mower and probably pay less in the bargain. Takes about 2 weeks max from the time you order.
    Get your parts through Boats.net and pay 1/3 the price of Aussie dealers with delivery to your door in 10 - 14 days. Why wait 3 weeks to be stuffed around and charged a fortune just to buy from an overseas company (Honda Australia) for the illusion of buying Australian.
    Buy a Toro or Kubota.
    Plenty of options.
    Are you saying there is two versions of the same mower coming from the USA

They are the same mower, I got my first one from speedway sales and 2nd one locally. The only difference is the catcher, with the ones sold in Australia using the same style catcher as the 216's. the US catcher is better.

Got a HRX217 today,the finish it leaves is great.Has a fancy catcher bag with it.Once i got home i removed the rear rubber flap.

Are you saying there is two versions of the same mower coming from the USA
    Catcher is different, USA engines and deck are made in USA, not sure where gearbox is made.
    Aussie deck is the same as USA, but engine most likely chinese and the rest who knows?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast