Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Anything useful from EBAY?

Default Anything useful from EBAY?

Hey guys just asking for everyones' advice on ebay stuff/equipment you found useful.

1)I've bought 2000 magnets that stick on the back of my business cards for $66 delivered.

2)Got a BG85 2nd hand blower which is rough but still does the job.

Anyone know about these machine?

Baum-AGPro Chainsaw

Multi-Combo Tool

Default Re: Anything useful from EBAY?

Whatch out man I think alote of the boys Have bought that stuff and had problems.

hey vj
    cant tell you about the multi tool but brother brought one of there chainsaws for a job { his husky was getting repaired at the time he droped it }
    cost him about 180 delivered starts first time every time and now has done about 40 hours work and still going strong hes attitude is its payed for itself many many times over and when it dies its going in the bin but untill the he just revs the **** out of it and treats it like he stole it ha ha { some times you just get lucky }

i bought one each of these and they are not too bad for the money,the chain saw is great but can be hard to start.but for the money they make great back up machines.

I've been having trouble looking for hedgers, multi-tools and chainsaws here in Townsville. All the ones I've seen are big commercial ones and I only just need the tools for one off jobs like say 2-3 jobs per week.

I may just give these bad boys a go.

My Baumr chainsaw is without a doubt the best tool I've bought from a cost perspective. Paid for itself on the 1st day & since earned a lot of moolah.When it sh*ts itself I will definitely get another if not earlier while the price is right!
    Don't know about the multi but would suggest lookig at agrmachinery as they have been very good to deal with - replacing parts for nothing when needed.

That multi doesn't look too bad but not something I would rely on. At least the hedge trimmer has a metal gearbox, not plastic as I saw the other day. The pole pruner looks domestic at best but If would do the job if you were careful with it. What caught my attention was the claimed 1.3kW engine, that's quite a bit for a 31cc engine.
    mobilemulching.com
    The key to a self sustaining, organic garden.

i saw a link from the ebay site to crazy sales site selling raiden 3.05mtr 33cc chainsaw pruner for $199. has anyone purchased one of these. any good for the price???
    link here chainsaw pruner

Just bought a chainsaw for $62+$47 postage....See how this p*oofter goes and I'll report back

For thats price man you should make your money back on one chainsaw job witch is good.

Ok, I have never been shown how to use one or qoute a chainsaw job.

Can anyone show me a step by step procedure on chainsaws and qouting on jobs as I have seen a few jobs I had to knock back because I didn't have the right gear and know-how on pricing.

Here's some tips, try not to run the bar oil dry, try not to hit rocks

I always cut a cheeze like wedge out in the direction I want to fall the tree and then a downward cut from behind, with a bit of practise you can fell them in the direction you want.

I put a cut under branches before cutting from the top so the weight doesn't split it leaving a big tear, and when chopping up a fallen tree start at the bushy end first.

Oh and don't cut any of your limbs or head off...

And enjoy it you'll never use a saw again... or an axe.

My silky saws can cut down most trees got 3 silky saws and the silky pole saw.I have cut down manny trees with them if my Husqvarna 344t one haned chainsaw every playes up I have the saws as back up.

Quote Originally Posted by VJinTownsville
    Just bought a chainsaw for $62+$47 postage....See how this p*oofter goes and I'll report back
    Hay Naku VJ (its an expression admin) Maybe as admin says do a little reading on the internet - worlds greatest source of information apparently!
    Remember a chainsaw goes through body parts like a hot knife through butter - if you are going to learn how to use one piece of equipment right THIS IS IT!

Totally agree with Black Bear, make sure u know what you,re doing with this sucker. Dont let me scare u off it but, u need to know what you,re doing & u need to use it with confidence!
    A little tip. Be very aware of your surroundings, this is the cause of a lot of chainsaw accidents.
    A chainsaw coarse would be the way to go, failing that, do as much research on the net as u can.
    Cheers Dean.

Page 1 of 95 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 LastLast