Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accepting Cheque Payments

Default Re: Accepting Cheque Payments

still take cheques..its payment, with all the ATM's now you just put the cheques in the machine with you cash..dont have to go near a teller...i can't see how you can charge for a cheque and not cash...you still have to put cash through the books...

Those deposit ATMs haven't arrived at our town yet.

Riddle me this : I recently deposited $1150 cash and a cheque for $165.
    $900 cleared same day, a few days later, the cheque cleared and a couple of days after that, the remaining $250 cash cleared. ??????

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    still take cheques..its payment, with all the ATM's now you just put the cheques in the machine with you cash..dont have to go near a teller...i can't see how you can charge for a cheque and not cash...you still have to put cash through the books...
    This is how!! Dear ......., From 1st July we are now charging a $15.00 + gst cheque processing fee. Blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    This is how!! Dear ......., From 1st July we are now charging a $15.00 + gst cheque processing fee. Blah blah blah
    well Dear john thats so un professional ...but you are the big boy in town us small operators just do the right thing to customers accept payment..it takes frigging seconds to put the fcking cheque in the ATM....like to see how you go with the big boys my dear friend

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Those deposit ATMs haven't arrived at our town yet.

Riddle me this : I recently deposited $1150 cash and a cheque for $165.
    $900 cleared same day, a few days later, the cheque cleared and a couple of days after that, the remaining $250 cash cleared. ??????
    hehehe ed thats happened to me too..the bank says oh thats just a hiccup in the system WTF

i don't mind the good old cheque, makes me laugh when they walk out waving it around like I've never seen one before.....helps that the bride works at the bank and deposits my transactions for me, even the cash ones :-) although she still uses the atm at her branch to do it lols
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    i don't mind the good old cheque, makes me laugh when they walk out waving it around like I've never seen one before.....helps that the bride works at the bank and deposits my transactions for me, even the cash ones :-) although she still uses the atm at her branch to do it lols
    ed zakery its payment..good one like the bride bit hehehehe mine loves putting it in and loves it better drawing it out hahaha

Hey John you wanna be careful consumer affairs doesn't look at this one
    check out this quote "On 25 February 2016 the Competition and Consumer Amendment (Payment Surcharges) Act 2016 became law. It inserted a new part into the CCA banning excessive payment surcharges and provided new powers for the ACCC."If you think you have been charged an excessive payment surcharge

Contact the ACCC

$15 a cheque what the........ you guys obviously don't want the business so send em my way and let the professionals handle it......i thought you guys all did cash anyway

Lightbulb Re: Accepting Cheque Payments

Hey John you wanna be careful consumer affairs doesn't look at this one
    check out this quote "On 25 February 2016 the Competition and Consumer Amendment (Payment Surcharges) Act 2016 became law. It inserted a new part into the CCA banning excessive payment surcharges and provided new powers for the ACCC."If you think you have been charged an excessive payment surcharge

Contact the ACCC
    Blowing hot air outta your .... again BUT I should approach it a different way.
    They accepted my quote with my payment terms & conditions and are now outside those ts & Cs.

So I should just enforce those without trying to impose penalties! . It's part my fault for letting it get to this stage.

So if I provide credit to these clients with monthly accounts I am within my rights to charge them as my Ts & Cs they accepted. The best thing to do is talk to them about it and try to work it out as per quote. If not then we either accept or part ways.

By the way I am not quite in the 1st category yet, so I should have until September this yearAND this is presently a discussion- no action has been taken yet

not blowing nothing just pointing out what you doing is not

i guess i run my business different to you mate but you can do what you what ..what ever works for you.....

not blowing nothing just pointing out what you doing is not
    If you could point me to the Actual 'not law' bit I would appreciate it!
    Would also appreciate the 'what I am doing is not law' bit changed. If you read what I initially was saying it was in the discussion stage.
    So why was it put? Writing on ACCC site too small? Banter? Another agenda?
    What it did do was get me out of my present way of thinking and going back to basics with discussing and following up payment T's & C's with clients.

That often is easily overlooked and has been in this case. Thanks to the discussion it got me out of my negative way of thinking about it.

I won't accept Cheques re the hassle to deposit and minor deposit paperwork + $2.00 bank fee the last time one was deposited. Not sure if dearer than $2.00 now.

First preference is direct EFT transferr, then Cash.
    Have even steered some customers away from direct deposit payment at the bank counter as that incurs a fee of $2.00 directly to me. (could be dearer now)
    We don't charge like Accountants and Plumbers, so I'm not accepting these over and above fees biting away at bottom line. When we compete against the many unregistered operators

But I do send a Cheque for quarterly BAS to the ATO to give some one a job there. Although one of my good ATO customers said early last year the cheque sending method to ATO will be finished soon.
    Cheques send to the ATO clear instantly, unlike any we submit from customers.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    If you could point me to the Actual 'not law' bit I would appreciate it!
    Would also appreciate the 'what I am doing is not law' bit changed. If you read what I initially was saying it was in the discussion stage.
    So why was it put? Writing on ACCC site too small? Banter? Another agenda?
    What it did do was get me out of my present way of thinking and going back to basics with discussing and following up payment T's & C's with clients.

That often is easily overlooked and has been in this case. Thanks to the discussion it got me out of my negative way of thinking about it.
    no agenda Johnny ..check the ACCC site thats all ..charge whatever you like for fees but be careful thats all i am saying....my original point was if you get cheques and i don't get many its still payment and to suggest you charge a customer for that is not what i do....theres no charge to my bank fees for cheques , some banks may charge 2 dollars but to charge 15 plus gst i would be careful..thats all i am saying Jonno no agenda mate you are getting a little precious again lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast