Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Hru216m

Default Hru216m

Test
    G'Day all,Baz from Perth WA here,1st post so testing this thread etc.
    Just bought new HRU216M and to give it a protection headstart decided to fiberglass the inner deck.The alu deck is def the weakspot in these mowers.
    We have very dry sandy conditions here,constant probs are the sandblasting effects,even with running a seperate set of flat blades for less vaccuum.
    Just need to finish off sanding the edges and geter to work.Will do some progress checks in time to evaluate.
    dsc04356.jpgdsc04357.jpgdsc04358.jpgdsc04359.jpg

Default Re: Hru216m

I was thinking of trying body deadener for underneath cars, i dont have sand issues

I think the body deadener will be too soft to last Macka,but give it a go and let us all know how it holds up?

Just a few more pics,yeah in wrong order I know...story of my life.20170606_143419_resized.jpg20170604_133723_resized.jpg20170604_133739_resized.jpg

Interested in seeing how the fibreglass goes
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Buggybaz View Post
    I think the body deadener will be too soft to last Macka,but give it a go and let us all know how it holds up?
    worked in a basalt quarry, very abrasive environment, all the extreme wear areas are rubber, rubber is softer and has some give so doesn't wear as quick. Even the hardest "Bisalloy" steel wouldn't last 1/10 the time of the rubber wear plates.

Ill try body deadner next season, im also hoping the oils in it may help to stop grass sticking to the deck. time will tell.

Hey Baz,

Wow full on! How long does an ally deck usually last for you?

One of my machines has a fabricated ally deck, been in use for over 3 years now and getting some dings and wear... seeing this made me think of doing something similar. Did you use epoxy resin? Would have needed that to make it stick surely??

Underbody spray is an interesting idea... I would give anything a shot if it means less grass sticking!

A guy I knew had tried all kinds of Teflon coatings and most recently was using RainX, that windshield stuff. It makes water just fly off your windscreen, he reckons it did the same for wet grass clippings! Not sure how long it lasts tho, might need to recoat it every day...

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Hey Baz,

Wow full on! How long does an ally deck usually last for you?

One of my machines has a fabricated ally deck, been in use for over 3 years now and getting some dings and wear... seeing this made me think of doing something similar. Did you use epoxy resin? Would have needed that to make it stick surely??

Underbody spray is an interesting idea... I would give anything a shot if it means less grass sticking!

A guy I knew had tried all kinds of Teflon coatings and most recently was using RainX, that windshield stuff. It makes water just fly off your windscreen, he reckons it did the same for wet grass clippings! Not sure how long it lasts tho, might need to recoat it every day...
    You don't really see a build up of stuff under cars or in wheel arches so it seems it could work as a anti stick and anti wear. my thought anyway