Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627
Results 391 to 403 of 403

Thread: Stihl battery power

  1. #391
    Senior Member steveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Can Bearer
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Promising. Similar to the pellenc with the swivel wheels.

  2. #392
    Member Greenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sydney,Inner West
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    still contemplating these electric machines. probably start of next season but stihl or Husqvarna.?

  3. #393
    Senior Member steveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Can Bearer
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    still contemplating these electric machines. probably start of next season but stihl or Husqvarna.?
    Great question. From my experience and from what ive read on this forum im glad i went sthil. However husqvarna are aiming at the commercial end but you pay for it and thetree have been issues. Sthil kind of got there first but are only semi pro but that suits me. I guess the guys to ask are the ones who are running both.one thing to be wary of is to only choose stuff that has a good rap on this site.

  4. #394
    Member Greenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sydney,Inner West
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Great question. From my experience and from what ive read on this forum im glad i went sthil. However husqvarna are aiming at the commercial end but you pay for it and thetree have been issues. Sthil kind of got there first but are only semi pro but that suits me. I guess the guys to ask are the ones who are running both.one thing to be wary of is to only choose stuff that has a good rap on this site.
    I have my eye on the stihl electric hedger and I like the msa200c chainsaw until I saw it last week. it has a very dainty chain,

  5. #395
    Senior Member steveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Can Bearer
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I have my eye on the stihl electric hedger and I like the msa200c chainsaw until I saw it last week. it has a very dainty chain,
    Dunno about the msa200c. I have only had the MSA160T which is the arborist top handle saw, wonderful machine for pruning. Does a very clean cut and you'd be surprised what you can do with it, chain seems to hold its edge more than any other saw i have had. I have rarely used my petrol saw or loppers for pruning since I have had it.The HSA86 is a good machine too but it comes down to what you use it for. The HLA86 is also a good machine. No good for a hedge reduction, but like all tools need to use them within their limits. They are semi pro, so definetly not bulletproof.

  6. #396
    Senior Member conrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wavell Heights Qld
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Stihl Vs Husqvarna for all new gear... big call. Too hard to say... depends on what the operator is comfortable with and the way they work, etc. They are both going to keep making improvements, that's all you know for sure...

    Gotta say that at the moment I like the Stihl gear a LOT. Especially that new push mower - finally something that may be able to replace the Mean Green, we'll see... Stihl was a bit slow on the uptake, Husky definitely beat them to it 3-4 years ago. I don't regret going all-in with Husky and I have no need to update any of my equipment. All I know is that it will be a tough choice when I do!

  7. #397
    Senior Member steveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Can Bearer
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Stihl Vs Husqvarna for all new gear... big call. Too hard to say... depends on what the operator is comfortable with and the way they work, etc. They are both going to keep making improvements, that's all you know for sure...

    Gotta say that at the moment I like the Stihl gear a LOT. Especially that new push mower - finally something that may be able to replace the Mean Green, we'll see... Stihl was a bit slow on the uptake, Husky definitely beat them to it 3-4 years ago. I don't regret going all-in with Husky and I have no need to update any of my equipment. All I know is that it will be a tough choice when I do!
    I didn't say Sthil v Husky for all new gear.

  8. #398
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    stihl was out before the husky stuff, that's why I have both , I was sick of waiting for the husky. As for which way to go, what machines are you looking at ? Both brands have good and bad points ,

  9. #399
    Senior Member RSM-Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    still contemplating these electric machines. probably start of next season but stihl or Husqvarna.?
    Greenie,
    What one reads here re Husky or Stihl is us being out there with info re its performance +/-, being relatively new gear, but not that new in the market.
    What we often don't do, is compare Petrol to Battery as frequently, but nit pick the could be betters out of the battery gear maybe more often.
    For me as 100% user of battery hand held blower, extended hedger, 60cm hedger and straight shaft edger. I wouldn't go back to petrol, never full stop!!. Even if was to do a feral clean up and I don't now, I would shudder at the thought of getting out me 25cc petrol whipper.
    When you do invest in the battery gear maybe next season you will kick yourself for not doing it earlier, that's in IMO. I have two mega sized jobs (one is an operational farm) that both take near a whole day and I use the battery gear in what I have. Yes I do use the BR 700 Blower/ 42in deck on both jobs and use the BR 700 heaps in the job mixes.
    But when I'm in the Husky shop and I see folks buying the hand petrol blowers, edgers, hedgers it like going back in time. Be it Husky or Stihl
    Also customers/neighbours and passing people will comment on the lack of noise. I know some here haven't quite embraced the battery gear say as much as me and that's totally fine.

    Plus the gear is better for the body, hands, arms, shoulders and ears.
    Cheers Garry

  10. #400
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,700

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Plus the gear is better for the body, hands, arms, shoulders and ears.


    The biggest reason to use battery power

  11. #401
    Senior Member conrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wavell Heights Qld
    Posts
    211

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I didn't say Sthil v Husky for all new gear.
    You sure didn't.

  12. #402
    Senior Member steveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Can Bearer
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    You sure didn't.
    Cheers mate. Which sthil mower do you have? How do you go with battery life? Can you give us a quick review?

  13. #403
    Senior Member 4 Gardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Calwell ACT
    Posts
    658

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Cheers mate. Which sthil mower do you have? How do you go with battery life? Can you give us a quick review?
    yes please, love to hear too

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •