Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

a lot of the "contractors" on that page are very green, l'm one of the founding members but a bit over the "experts" on there.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    New stihl battery stuff:

Feb 2020 new bga86 (about time.... the bga85 hand-held battery blower is good has been out for years and falling behind competitors)

Bga200 also coming out 21newton metres blowing force but backpack battery or cable required

Msa 220 pro chainsaw with 3/8 chain looks good

Rma765v mower and new backpack battery that can be used in the mower or on back to power cable operated machines
    compare this to a petrol backpack blower. 21 NM blowing force. Air Volume (m³/h) ?? Max Air Speed (m/sec) ???

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Ok enquired about Stihl and Pellenc early this morning.

They passed a message onto the sales guy to get back to me.

NOW if they can't get back to me within a day when I wanting to buy, what is going to happen when they have my money and equipment needs warranty etc?

The Stihl shop was really keen even though I said I only wanted a whippy he said they would try to get all their demo stuff for me to try. Take what I need for a few days

1 - 0 at the moment
    Pallenc left me a message on my phone 5 weeks after I enquired! Hate to need service!!!!!

compare this to a petrol backpack blower. 21 NM blowing force. Air Volume (m³/h) ?? Max Air Speed (m/sec) ???
    Blowing force in the best way to compare blowers :

Newton force is the number you want to look for when comparing blowers. Because of the way it is tested, it takes the effect of both the MPH and CFM to give you one number representing the total amount of force a blower produces. With a simple “bigger is better” kind of measurement, it’s much easier to see which blower is more powerful.

Threre's no battery blower out that can beat a proper backpack yet. For comparison the BR800 is 41 Newtons

But 21 is very good for a handheld ... for comparison the BG86 is 15

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    a lot of the "contractors" on that page are very green, l'm one of the founding members but a bit over the "experts" on there.....
    hope im not an expert
    gets a bit repetitive... can see how a forum can be beneficial in certain ways as you can keep the conversation going like this one... without a new post asking the same .... at least not as often

there's a lot of "this is the only way to do it" type posts

I'm mainly surprised how many mowing guys get offended when customers ask for a discount (judging by the amount of screenshots).... just say no and move on lol

Very Helpful Member

If potential clients keeping asking for a discount simply increase your prices and give them one
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Blowing force in the best way to compare blowers :

Newton force is the number you want to look for when comparing blowers. Because of the way it is tested, it takes the effect of both the MPH and CFM to give you one number representing the total amount of force a blower produces. With a simple “bigger is better” kind of measurement, it’s much easier to see which blower is more powerful.

Threre's no battery blower out that can beat a proper backpack yet. For comparison the BR800 is 41 Newtons

But 21 is very good for a handheld ... for comparison the BG86 is 15
    Thanks Chris, looking at whippy with backpack so blower could be useful at some stage

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    If potential clients keeping asking for a discount simply increase your prices and give them one
    Sorry what was that??

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I usuallly give them South East Mowing's Number

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Yeah but add at least 1k for the battery that can only be worn on your back...…...
    Oops that's a mistake I see pellenc are now starting to do tools with the battery onboard ,.....I didn't have a proper look at the catalogue as redeye said from page 22

Stihl came through for me and replaced cable under warranty even though it's now past warranty period.

I'm located inner west melb if you'd like to come and check it out. I've got just about every Stihl battery machine plus petrol , so will be better than visiting a dealer lol

I've got 4 of the AL500 super chargers. You can use the other chargers but will take ages to charge a backpack. They charge the smaller batteries in about half hour.

Vibrations very low. Like any other trimmer the vibrations come from the cutting attachment.... so if that's clean & balanced then will be the smoothest trimmer you've used. Different battery types dont affect vibration levels. Backpack recommended though as they are high power devices so drain smaller batteries quickly.

Think you can fit speed feed. It's the standard shaft / gearbox as their petrol trimmers. I prefer the autocut 25-2 best as its lightweight and balanced and not too wide in diameter.

Battery weight is bit less than backpack blower.

Trimmer itself is perfectly balanced and lightweight.
    Hi Chris, have not tested the whippy yet, been busy and dealers don't have a backpack battery. They no longer have demo gear to be shared around stores.
    Don't know how these guys expect to sell gear that they dont have in stock? Commercial gear they expect contractors to buy without testing at over $2000

The whippy!! How would you compare it with other petrol whippies? how much grunt does it have compared to ??? what petrol whippy you used.
    I have an old kaaz 25.6 cc and need it comparable to that at full power.

I asked for a demo of the 130 whipper snipper , the dealer rang me and said it was in but when I went to pick it up it was the bull handle model and no backpack battery or even the belt so I could use my batteries, how dumb are they, as south east says if they want to sell this gear they should have demo models , blokes aren't going to drop 2k in the hope that it will suit them

Hi Chris, have not tested the whippy yet, been busy and dealers don't have a backpack battery. They no longer have demo gear to be shared around stores.
    Don't know how these guys expect to sell gear that they dont have in stock? Commercial gear they expect contractors to buy without testing at over $2000

The whippy!! How would you compare it with other petrol whippies? how much grunt does it have compared to ??? what petrol whippy you used.
    I have an old kaaz 25.6 cc and need it comparable to that at full power.
    I'd say more power than a 25 cc range whippy
    Much faster spin up speed ... instant throttle response and higher torque

Top rpms are a bit lower than petrol units although the Stihl seems to be the highest rated from what I can tell (including Pellenc)

Come and try it out out if you like.... I could talk it up all day but won't convince everyone lol

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I asked for a demo of the 130 whipper snipper , the dealer rang me and said it was in but when I went to pick it up it was the bull handle model and no backpack battery or even the belt so I could use my batteries, how dumb are they, as south east says if they want to sell this gear they should have demo models , blokes aren't going to drop 2k in the hope that it will suit them
    Ridiculous

Sometimes I think I should open up a Stihl shop and do a demo day one Saturday every month or similar with a Bunnings style bbq thrown in..... products would be flying out the door and I'd be rolling in cash haha

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast