Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Thanks Ian & NLALM. Will try to get the part.
    +1. Thanks. !!

Ok I fitted the speed feed but because of that black spacer it puts the line further out than the original head so the line doesn't get cut off at the guard if you know what I mean . would be ok if you didn't run a guard but I run the 525lst guard on mine so I put the old head back on and had a whinge to the wife about wasting $50

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Ok I fitted the speed feed but because of that black spacer it puts the line further out than the original head so the line doesn't get cut off at the guard if you know what I mean . would be ok if you didn't run a guard but I run the 525lst guard on mine so I put the old head back on and had a whinge to the wife about wasting $50
    Find out the cost to send to 3975 Victoria.
    I will try it👍

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Find out the cost to send to 3975 Victoria.
    I will try it
    Buy it! !

Mate I have been thinking about it , I might try something else to make it work

Would you have the part number handy NLALM?
    My dealer & whoever they talk to up the chain, still reckon it can't be done.

ed its 034580 The washer comes with the blade , so you get all the parts but no blade so work that out.. Im thinking if the black plastic spacer that you puton before the speed feed was a bit thinner it would be better. when I get a chance I will take some photos and show what im talking about

My dealer didn't believe me either I had to use their computer and show them the video, first they were saying you cant put a blade on it.

Thanks NLALM. I think I get what you are talking about.

I wonder if you could drill out some of the arbor threads so it clears the splines. There is a chrome coloured arbor with the same thread, but it's longer than the brass coloured one. Might be able to drill some of it's thread and still have plenty of thread left.

I don't have anything here with me ATM, but seems like it might work to get rid of the black spacer.

Otherwise, make the line cutter on the guard a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Thanks NLALM. I think I get what you are talking about.

I wonder if you could drill out some of the arbor threads so it clears the splines. There is a chrome coloured arbor with the same thread, but it's longer than the brass coloured one. Might be able to drill some of it's thread and still have plenty of thread left.

I don't have anything here with me ATM, but seems like it might work to get rid of the black spacer.

Otherwise, make the line cutter on the guard a bit longer.
    Why do you need/want a line cutter?

Very Helpful Member

Don't know if it helps but when I fitted the speedfeed to my 525lst I put a metal washer between it and the metal cover on the clutch head as I found the plastic spacer was to large
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Yeah tried that ian the metal one wont let the head tighten right up. Ive just had a muck around with it and the only way I can see it working is if you drilled out the thread a bit as ed suggested . You need the line cutter as it puts to much strain on the motor if the cord is to long. If the angle of the head was the same as the petrol machines this would not be a problem. In saying that though I haven't tried it with the original guard as I run the 525 guard.
    On the battery machine from the base plate to the cord is about 20mm on the 525 its about 40mm that is because of the head angle

I will drill the one out I have to see if it works one day but its to hot at the moment Im going for a swim

NLALM, I had a bit of a look this morning.
    I cut a bit off the brass coloured arbor and it looks like it should tighten up now without the black spacer. (I don't have the new base plate so can't say for sure).
    IMG_20191207_090444 (3)rs.jpg

You need to leave it long enough to just locate the base plate of the speedfeed. The left image is original arbor & right is the cut off one.
    IMG_20191207_091016 (2)rs.jpg IMG_20191207_091048 (2)rs.jpg

The threads tighten up in the arbor, so I ran the supplied adapter through before I cut it. I don't have a LH thread tap set.

See if that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    You could drive 100,000 km in your car for $15,000 worth the fuel go around australia 6 times or drive for 1,000 hours on the hwy,

Must be more than one crew. could be 3 crews of 2. six workers is a fuel cost of $2500 per person. So if your solo it potentially COST you $4,800 over the last 6 years

my trimmer and backpack blower use about 5ltrs in week.
    Yeah I'm not sure on the situation that cost $15k/year in fuel. Those were a few comments around the FB page, people happy to say they spent that much in fuel (vehicle, equipment, everything included I figure). So many people happy to poo poo lithium equipment saying that fuel cost is much cheaper, but then I made a post specifically about fuel cost asking people to share their yearly cost and it only got like 5 replies... everyone ran and hid when it came time to face facts.

Lots of variables as well, depends on vehicle setup - truck with heavy trailer will use lots more fuel than a single ute for example. Impossible to make any real comparisons without people willing to share their own usage info.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Sorry Conrad, that was a bit harsh.
    Im just really keen to find out what cells are used in Pellenc batteries.

Cheers Fred.
    ps, it was Melb cup day yesterday, ya know .....
    Haha no hard feelings. I was originally thinking "sheesh, do your own research..." but then didn't reply because I was trying to find all the relevant facts.

Anyway - Pellenc themselves claim to have invented the lithium outdoor power industry being the first to release commercial lithium power tools. No other manufacturers even hint at claims like this so I don't think there's any dispute there. Being such an innovator in the industry has to count for something more than the raw spec sheet data. I believe that anyone who has used their products will tell you that the ergonomics far exceed anything on the market.

This is from the Pellenc website:
    https://pellenc.com/gct/produits/bat...-ulib/?lang=en

The 1100 Ultra Lithium Battery develops 245 Wh for 1 kg of Li-ion. PELLENC is the world’s first manufacturer to use the revolutionary lithium-ion ternary technology (Nickel-Cobalt-Aluminium).

To generate the same amount of energy, a nickel cadmium (Ni Cd) battery would weigh 4.86kg, a nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery would weigh 3.47kg, a lithium iron phosphate battery (technology used for electric vehicles) would weigh 2.43kg and a lithium-ion manganese battery (technology used for hand-held power tools used by the public) would weigh 2.35kg!
    The site actually lists those comparative weights in pounds (higher number) while talking about 1kg of their own battery so I've converted all weights to kg. That really ticks me off BTW...

Stihl as a comparison use Lithium-Ion batteries, the same as general power tools used by the public. So 2.35kg of Stihl battery to get the same capacity as 1kg of Pellenc battery. Massive difference there!

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Haha no hard feelings. I was originally thinking "sheesh, do your own research..." but then didn't reply because I was trying to find all the relevant facts.

Anyway - Pellenc themselves claim to have invented the lithium outdoor power industry being the first to release commercial lithium power tools. No other manufacturers even hint at claims like this so I don't think there's any dispute there. Being such an innovator in the industry has to count for something more than the raw spec sheet data. I believe that anyone who has used their products will tell you that the ergonomics far exceed anything on the market.

This is from the Pellenc website:
    https://pellenc.com/gct/produits/bat...-ulib/?lang=en

The site actually lists those comparative weights in pounds (higher number) while talking about 1kg of their own battery so I've converted all weights to kg. That really ticks me off BTW...

Stihl as a comparison use Lithium-Ion batteries, the same as general power tools used by the public. So 2.35kg of Stihl battery to get the same capacity as 1kg of Pellenc battery. Massive difference there!

Hope that helps.
    You're a marketers dream lol

You've basically just read Pellencs advertising and made assumptions that Stihl etc are using the poorest quality materials they compare with in their catalogue

If you check the stats on the competitors site you may end up with Stihl gear

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast