Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Promising. Similar to the pellenc with the swivel wheels.

still contemplating these electric machines. probably start of next season but stihl or Husqvarna.?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    still contemplating these electric machines. probably start of next season but stihl or Husqvarna.?
    Great question. From my experience and from what ive read on this forum im glad i went sthil. However husqvarna are aiming at the commercial end but you pay for it and thetree have been issues. Sthil kind of got there first but are only semi pro but that suits me. I guess the guys to ask are the ones who are running both.one thing to be wary of is to only choose stuff that has a good rap on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Great question. From my experience and from what ive read on this forum im glad i went sthil. However husqvarna are aiming at the commercial end but you pay for it and thetree have been issues. Sthil kind of got there first but are only semi pro but that suits me. I guess the guys to ask are the ones who are running both.one thing to be wary of is to only choose stuff that has a good rap on this site.
    I have my eye on the stihl electric hedger and I like the msa200c chainsaw until I saw it last week. it has a very dainty chain,

I have my eye on the stihl electric hedger and I like the msa200c chainsaw until I saw it last week. it has a very dainty chain,
    Dunno about the msa200c. I have only had the MSA160T which is the arborist top handle saw, wonderful machine for pruning. Does a very clean cut and you'd be surprised what you can do with it, chain seems to hold its edge more than any other saw i have had. I have rarely used my petrol saw or loppers for pruning since I have had it.The HSA86 is a good machine too but it comes down to what you use it for. The HLA86 is also a good machine. No good for a hedge reduction, but like all tools need to use them within their limits. They are semi pro, so definetly not bulletproof.

Stihl Vs Husqvarna for all new gear... big call. Too hard to say... depends on what the operator is comfortable with and the way they work, etc. They are both going to keep making improvements, that's all you know for sure...

Gotta say that at the moment I like the Stihl gear a LOT. Especially that new push mower - finally something that may be able to replace the Mean Green, we'll see... Stihl was a bit slow on the uptake, Husky definitely beat them to it 3-4 years ago. I don't regret going all-in with Husky and I have no need to update any of my equipment. All I know is that it will be a tough choice when I do!

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Stihl Vs Husqvarna for all new gear... big call. Too hard to say... depends on what the operator is comfortable with and the way they work, etc. They are both going to keep making improvements, that's all you know for sure...

Gotta say that at the moment I like the Stihl gear a LOT. Especially that new push mower - finally something that may be able to replace the Mean Green, we'll see... Stihl was a bit slow on the uptake, Husky definitely beat them to it 3-4 years ago. I don't regret going all-in with Husky and I have no need to update any of my equipment. All I know is that it will be a tough choice when I do!
    I didn't say Sthil v Husky for all new gear.

stihl was out before the husky stuff, that's why I have both , I was sick of waiting for the husky. As for which way to go, what machines are you looking at ? Both brands have good and bad points ,

Greenie,
    What one reads here re Husky or Stihl is us being out there with info re its performance +/-, being relatively new gear, but not that new in the market.
    What we often don't do, is compare Petrol to Battery as frequently, but nit pick the could be betters out of the battery gear maybe more often.
    For me as 100% user of battery hand held blower, extended hedger, 60cm hedger and straight shaft edger. I wouldn't go back to petrol, never full stop!!. Even if was to do a feral clean up and I don't now, I would shudder at the thought of getting out me 25cc petrol whipper.
    When you do invest in the battery gear maybe next season you will kick yourself for not doing it earlier, that's in IMO. I have two mega sized jobs (one is an operational farm) that both take near a whole day and I use the battery gear in what I have. Yes I do use the BR 700 Blower/ 42in deck on both jobs and use the BR 700 heaps in the job mixes.
    But when I'm in the Husky shop and I see folks buying the hand petrol blowers, edgers, hedgers it like going back in time. Be it Husky or Stihl
    Also customers/neighbours and passing people will comment on the lack of noise. I know some here haven't quite embraced the battery gear say as much as me and that's totally fine.

Plus the gear is better for the body, hands, arms, shoulders and ears.
    Cheers Garry

Plus the gear is better for the body, hands, arms, shoulders and ears.

The biggest reason to use battery power

I didn't say Sthil v Husky for all new gear.
    You sure didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    You sure didn't.
    Cheers mate. Which sthil mower do you have? How do you go with battery life? Can you give us a quick review?

Cheers mate. Which sthil mower do you have? How do you go with battery life? Can you give us a quick review?
    yes please, love to hear too

If one has a problem with Stihl battery gear what is there warranty like? One brand of battery gear that I was interested in seems to have poor warranty. As contractors if we have a problem we need it fixed quickly and without grief.

Quote Originally Posted by hjl View Post
    If one has a problem with Stihl battery gear what is there warranty like? One brand of battery gear that I was interested in seems to have poor warranty. As contractors if we have a problem we need it fixed quickly and without grief.
    Will let you know next week. My fsa130r cuts out sometimes when i turn it on its side. Took in before warranty ran out and dealer rang rep who suggested cleaning plug out otherwise they would replace cable under warranty. Seemed like it may have worked so I left it at that. Problem was only intermittent. It's still happening now so I've asked dealer to get stihl to replace under warranty. He said he can only ask.... apparently that rep is back next week so will ask then.

I think the warranty is only as good as the dealer. Either way if they say no I'll take the matter further. Although I shouldn't have to...

Australian warranty is pretty strong for consumers these days.... even past the warranty period. If product is not serving the purpose it what made for even after warranty you can still be covered

I've only had a couple of other warranty jobs

One was the electric start on backpack blower... jammed up... apparently there was an extra loose screw floating around from factory. That was fixed without hassle.

Another was a new backpack sprayer handle that snapped. Dealer didn't really want to help with that so I had to remind him that they have to cover it . Ended up getting part.

My point is I got what I wanted but we shouldn't have to stress or even raise our voices to get a premium brand like Stihl to help. The dealer is the face of the company and can ruin the brand

In comparison I had a problem with an AEG circular saw... dropped it off at Bunnings.... rep personally contacted and delivered a brand new replacement with a couple of bonuses for the trouble. Completely opposite experience

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast