Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

  1. #436
    Senior Member conrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wavell Heights Qld
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Pellenc have been in Europe for decades, their olive growing gear has been more used in Australia but they're currently searching for dealers to showcase their lawn gear. Troy is the rep for NSW/QLD, best to contact through the Pellenc site. He can give you an onsite demo and if there's no dealers nearby he can just take your order and deliver it to you.

    I've only briefly done a demo on their line trimmer, but the power was hectic. Felt similar (maybe a touch more) power than the Stihl FSA 130R, except it's got a trigger you can actually use for vertical edges. Pellenc ergonomics are exceptional. As far as battery life, they have some massive battery packs available and their batteries are lighter with more runtime than the competition (higher quality lithium cells).

  2. #437

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Pellenc have been in Europe for decades, their olive growing gear has been more used in Australia but they're currently searching for dealers to showcase their lawn gear. Troy is the rep for NSW/QLD, best to contact through the Pellenc site. He can give you an onsite demo and if there's no dealers nearby he can just take your order and deliver it to you.

    I've only briefly done a demo on their line trimmer, but the power was hectic. Felt similar (maybe a touch more) power than the Stihl FSA 130R, except it's got a trigger you can actually use for vertical edges. Pellenc ergonomics are exceptional. As far as battery life, they have some massive battery packs available and their batteries are lighter with more runtime than the competition (higher quality lithium cells).


    Whats the weight of the trimmer? Any idea? Can you run it with a backpack battery?
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  3. #438
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,407

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Whats the weight of the trimmer? Any idea? Can you run it with a backpack battery?
    start looking from page 22 https://pellenc.com/gct/catalogue-gct/?lang=en




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  4. #439
    MEMBER Fred's mowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bayside melb
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Pellenc have been in Europe for decades, their olive growing gear has been more used in Australia but they're currently searching for dealers to showcase their lawn gear. Troy is the rep for NSW/QLD, best to contact through the Pellenc site. He can give you an onsite demo and if there's no dealers nearby he can just take your order and deliver it to you.

    I've only briefly done a demo on their line trimmer, but the power was hectic. Felt similar (maybe a touch more) power than the Stihl FSA 130R, except it's got a trigger you can actually use for vertical edges. Pellenc ergonomics are exceptional. As far as battery life, they have some massive battery packs available and their batteries are lighter with more runtime than the competition (higher quality lithium cells).
    Hi Conrad, thanx 4 the post.
    What higher quality lithium cells r they running ? & any idea where to get pricing without a formal enquiry ?

    Cheers Fred.

  5. #440

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Whats the weight of the trimmer? Any idea? Can you run it with a backpack battery?
    Ok enquired about Stihl and Pellenc early this morning.

    They passed a message onto the sales guy to get back to me.

    NOW if they can't get back to me within a day when I wanting to buy, what is going to happen when they have my money and equipment needs warranty etc?

    The Stihl shop was really keen even though I said I only wanted a whippy he said they would try to get all their demo stuff for me to try. Take what I need for a few days


    1 - 0 at the moment
    https://www.southeastmowing.com.au/careers/
    Mob: 0423 091 182



    www.facebook.com/SouthEastMowing




    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

    If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving!

  6. #441
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,306

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Ok enquired about Stihl and Pellenc early this morning.

    They passed a message onto the sales guy to get back to me.

    NOW if they can't get back to me within a day when I wanting to buy, what is going to happen when they have my money and equipment needs warranty etc?

    The Stihl shop was really keen even though I said I only wanted a whippy he said they would try to get all their demo stuff for me to try. Take what I need for a few days


    1 - 0 at the moment
    I'm waiting to hear back about my warranty. If they come through you can come and demo mine. I'm based inner west.

    If they don't I won't be promoting Stihl anymore lol

  7. #442
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,306

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    How do you find the vibrations of the 130r when using it / with backpack battery and normal battery if there is any difference.
    Can you fit a standard speed feed head at all?
    What is the weight / balance of the whippy like when you using the backpack battery?
    What charger is needed for the backpack battery?
    Where are you located Chris?

    Stihl came through for me and replaced cable under warranty even though it's now past warranty period.

    I'm located inner west melb if you'd like to come and check it out. I've got just about every Stihl battery machine plus petrol , so will be better than visiting a dealer lol

    I've got 4 of the AL500 super chargers. You can use the other chargers but will take ages to charge a backpack. They charge the smaller batteries in about half hour.

    Vibrations very low. Like any other trimmer the vibrations come from the cutting attachment.... so if that's clean & balanced then will be the smoothest trimmer you've used. Different battery types dont affect vibration levels. Backpack recommended though as they are high power devices so drain smaller batteries quickly.

    Think you can fit speed feed. It's the standard shaft / gearbox as their petrol trimmers. I prefer the autocut 25-2 best as its lightweight and balanced and not too wide in diameter.

    Battery weight is bit less than backpack blower.

    Trimmer itself is perfectly balanced and lightweight.

  8. #443
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,306

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    New stihl battery stuff:

    Feb 2020 new bga86 (about time.... the bga85 hand-held battery blower is good has been out for years and falling behind competitors)

    Bga200 also coming out 21newton metres blowing force but backpack battery or cable required

    Msa 220 pro chainsaw with 3/8 chain looks good

    Rma765v mower and new backpack battery that can be used in the mower or on back to power cable operated machines

  9. #444
    Senior Member conrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wavell Heights Qld
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Hi Conrad, thanx 4 the post.
    What higher quality lithium cells r they running ? & any idea where to get pricing without a formal enquiry ?

    Cheers Fred.
    Not sure on the details, but basically more expensive/higher quality batteries will have higher capacity for the same weight as well as being able to go through more charge cycles without losing capacity. Pellenc literally invented the lithium OPE industry so to say that they have it sorted is probably an understatement.

    I do have price lists, not handy right now tho... I am going to get the mower this summer, works out to about $4k for the midrange machine plus a big enough battery for the runtime I need (all day). Individual handheld tools from memory are about $7-900 depending.

    A fair bit of battery gear discussions starting to happen on Lawn Mowing Contractors Australia Facebook group, a few other contractors have said that their yearly fuel cost is around $15,000 and above. Interesting to compare mine at $3,300 for last financial year, and that includes vehicle, Walker, BR600 and blower vac, Honda power head for tall hedge work. Big upfront cost for good lithium gear, but savings are real. I figure I have potentially saved $66,000 over the last 6 years. Likely more as the battery gear requires zero maintenance.

  10. #445
    MEMBER Fred's mowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bayside melb
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Not sure on the details, but basically more expensive/higher quality batteries will have higher capacity for the same weight as well as being able to go through more charge cycles without losing capacity. Pellenc literally invented the lithium OPE industry so to say that they have it sorted is probably an understatement.

    I do have price lists, not handy right now tho... I am going to get the mower this summer, works out to about $4k for the midrange machine plus a big enough battery for the runtime I need (all day). Individual handheld tools from memory are about $7-900 depending.

    A fair bit of battery gear discussions starting to happen on Lawn Mowing Contractors Australia Facebook group, a few other contractors have said that their yearly fuel cost is around $15,000 and above. Interesting to compare mine at $3,300 for last financial year, and that includes vehicle, Walker, BR600 and blower vac, Honda power head for tall hedge work. Big upfront cost for good lithium gear, but savings are real. I figure I have potentially saved $66,000 over the last 6 years. Likely more as the battery gear requires zero maintenance.
    Not to be a smartie but, without relevance on detail your statement has no substance.

    Cheers
    Fred.

  11. #446
    MEMBER Fred's mowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bayside melb
    Posts
    3,195

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Sorry Conrad, that was a bit harsh.
    Im just really keen to find out what cells are used in Pellenc batteries.

    Cheers Fred.
    ps, it was Melb cup day yesterday, ya know .....

  12. #447
    Member Redeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shoalhaven ,NSW
    Posts
    5,407

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    $700-900 for a commercial quality whippy sounds good to me




    http://curraronggardening.com/

    "All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

  13. #448
    Senior Member NLALM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,739

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    $700-900 for a commercial quality whippy sounds good to me

    Yeah but add at least 1k for the battery that can only be worn on your back...…...

  14. #449
    Senior Member Chris B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,306

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Like many products across brand when you look closely at specs you'll find some things are better and some are not. Overall I definitely choose Stihl especially taking into consideration their soon to be released ar3000l battery which seems about same specs as the pellenc 1500 . The smaller Stihl ap300s battery already outperforms the smaller pellenc

    Also gotta love how they calculate fuel savings.... using 'alkylate fuel' (which upon googling seems to be premixed super expensive jet fuel like stihl motomix) what business using that much fuel would not mix their own

    Their mower does look good but power is 1100 watts so although design looks great there's ego domestic models with higher power than that isn't there? And stihl/ husky etc with same 1100watts

  15. #450
    Member Macka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Stihl battery power

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Not sure on the details, but basically more expensive/higher quality batteries will have higher capacity for the same weight as well as being able to go through more charge cycles without losing capacity. Pellenc literally invented the lithium OPE industry so to say that they have it sorted is probably an understatement.

    I do have price lists, not handy right now tho... I am going to get the mower this summer, works out to about $4k for the midrange machine plus a big enough battery for the runtime I need (all day). Individual handheld tools from memory are about $7-900 depending.

    A fair bit of battery gear discussions starting to happen on Lawn Mowing Contractors Australia Facebook group, a few other contractors have said that their yearly fuel cost is around $15,000 and above. Interesting to compare mine at $3,300 for last financial year, and that includes vehicle, Walker, BR600 and blower vac, Honda power head for tall hedge work. Big upfront cost for good lithium gear, but savings are real. I figure I have potentially saved $66,000 over the last 6 years. Likely more as the battery gear requires zero maintenance.
    You could drive 100,000 km in your car for $15,000 worth the fuel go around australia 6 times or drive for 1,000 hours on the hwy,

    Must be more than one crew. could be 3 crews of 2. six workers is a fuel cost of $2500 per person. So if your solo it potentially COST you $4,800 over the last 6 years

    my trimmer and backpack blower use about 5ltrs in week.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •