Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Can anyone tell me who owns ‘Stihl’
    American, European, Chinese, or other owned?

it is stihl owned by the Stihl family in Germany........ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stihl

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

And from what I have heard , stihl have brought into one of the largest battery manufactures in the world , that sorta tells you they aint muckin around

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    it is stihl owned by the Stihl family in Germany........ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stihl
    I heard a Chinese whisper?
    Dont want to startbuying their gear if they will be made in China!!

Very Helpful Member

Stihl have factories in U.S.A., Brazil and China
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    the only gear made in Germany for many many years is the pro chainsaws, the really exxy ones.....everything else is as Ian said

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    the only gear made in Germany for many many years is the pro chainsaws, the really exxy ones.....everything else is as Ian said
    So hope the resi gear is made in China?

Sent an email to Stihl head office and unfortunately all their shops are independently owned businesses and they dont know what they have in stock.
    They also did not seem to care about me not being able to try anything before I bought it. I Explained it was the new battery backpack together with whippy or possibly multi tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnT4n3rD4oM

At 19 mins he talks about price, to expensive for me but it does look like the best battery mower out there

Very Helpful Member

Looks ok but
    1: I noticed that he mowed the longest grass with the Honda petrol mower and never tried mowing grass of that length with the battery ones
    2: I'm sorry but I just can't respect nor take seriously anyone who wears thongs while mowing a lawn I mean how stupid are you to not wear even basic safety gear like shoes let alone film yourself doing so while purporting to be some kind of expert reviewing equipment (21:12) absolute disgrace
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    You're a marketers dream lol

You've basically just read Pellencs advertising and made assumptions that Stihl etc are using the poorest quality materials they compare with in their catalogue

If you check the stats on the competitors site you may end up with Stihl gear
    Yes I've read the info available from Pellenc, as well as the info available from Stihl. They both clearly outline the lithium chemistry that is used - no assumptions there. I didn't say that Stihl used inferior or poor quality materials, but there is a real measurable difference between the lithium chemistries - that's basic physics, no way around it no matter how clever of a marketing genius you think you are.

Maybe if you avoid making assumptions you'd end up with Pellenc gear.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Yes I've read the info available from Pellenc, as well as the info available from Stihl. They both clearly outline the lithium chemistry that is used - no assumptions there. I didn't say that Stihl used inferior or poor quality materials, but there is a real measurable difference between the lithium chemistries - that's basic physics, no way around it no matter how clever of a marketing genius you think you are.

Maybe if you avoid making assumptions you'd end up with Pellenc gear.

Stihl AP300s 1.8kg 281 watt hours, charges in 45 mins
    Stihl AR3000 6.8kg 1148 watt hours charges 2 hours 40 mins
    Stihl AR3000L 9.5kg 1520 watt hours charges in ??? (approx 3.5 hours assumed)

Pellenc Alpha 260 2.5kg 260 watt hours charges in 1 hour 45 minutes
    Pellenc ULIB 1200 6.3 kg 1221 watt hours charges in 5 hours 30 mins
    Pellenc ULIB 1500 7.5kg 1527 watt hours charges in 7 hours

Also hard to find details of how many watts Stihl batteries pump out but the AP300s is 2200 watts which is more than Pellenc 1200 and 1500 which are only 2000 watts… maybe the Stihl AR3000L is even more than that?!

The Stihl AP300s battery can also power their more powerful tools. The Pellenc catalogue states:
    "The use of Alpha batteries with the following energy-consuming tools: Excelion 2000, Airion, Selion C21, Rasion, can potentially cause short stoppages
    in intensive conditions. A battery with a larger capacity such as the ULiB 1200 or 1500 is recommended as it is better suited to extreme conditions."

Funnily enough ... another brand... EGO, says this in their brochure :
    Industry’s most advanced solution Our team of experts have completely revolutionised battery technology to deliver the optimum power and performance for outdoor cordless equipment. The 56V Arc Lithium battery is a marvel of engineering that surpasses the competition on every level — mechanical, chemical and electrical. We have 25 years’ experience with battery technology and the majority of components are built in-house. For those components sourced from third parties such as battery cells, we use only the most reputable brands such as Sanyo and Samsung.

Who to believe lol

Pellenc and Stihl are both good. Their smaller batteries are behind the competition, whereas their bigger 1500 is certainly lighter and first to market, but hardly game changer stats
    The info you cut and paste about comparing to power tools used by the "general public" is probably comparing Pellenc to DIY brands like ozito etc
    Personally, I think overall the Stihl range is a more compelling offer.

https://www.stihl.de/STIHL-Produkte/...er%C3%A4t.aspx

Same blowing power as bg86 top of line stihl handheld petrol blower (15 N)

https://www.the-mower-shop.co.uk/new...ordless-mower/

Looks good.... but good enough to replace petrol???

I think if anyone is considering jumping into the Stihl Battery range.... might be a good idea to wait until the bg86 comes out in next few months. That with an AL500 charger and AP300s battery would be an ideal starter kit. I can't wait to upgrade my bga85 as that's probably the weakest link in the Stihl line at the moment (released about 10 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    All my Stihl stuff is made in USA, Austria, Germany, Poland

Chris I want that blower too. The current one is not powerful enough but it is just so handy to pull out on some jobs, it doesn't replace the petrol but maybe this one will hope we get it soon

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Chris I want that blower too. The current one is not powerful enough but it is just so handy to pull out on some jobs, it doesn't replace the petrol but maybe this one will hope we get it soon
    Yeah the convenience outweighs the lack of power for smaller jobs. I still use my backpack blower on bigger residential property's.... but I think with that newer blower I'd only use the backpack for commercials or clean ups etc

Not sure if I've mentioned before but I've got the msa220 chainsaw and that is really good. Uses a larger chain 3/8 P. Got it in with a 16" bar which isn't listed on the website for not much extra $
    It is a serious unit and definitely a petrol replacement in that size range.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast