Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by Woodchip View Post
    That deal must of ended, I can't see from the link what it was, but it may have been, a multi-tool kit (either the hedger or pole saw), with then the other attachment (hedger or pole saw) included as a bonus for $699. Pretty good, especially as if you make the total cost up to over $800 you get another battery via redemption.
    I'm pretty happy with my Ego gear, 1x 2.5ah battery lasts for an average resi lawn, whipper and blower.
    I just haven't yet figured out the best diameter snipper line , and you can't load too much line into the snipper bump feed, or it just keeps cutting out.
    It was a trimmer, battery and charger $299
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Thanks Ian, I might go to my local Total Tools and ask about it, I think I'm one of only a very few people that buy the Ego gear at my local store
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

well ive come from the dark ages lol i am now almost battery after35 years in the business i have seen the light .. except for the ride on mowers everything is now husky battery power , the whipper is equivalent to a 25 cc petrol the blower is a beast but sucks the battery ,the hedger and top chain saw are great...bloody expensive as ive got a few batteries but how light and powerful...so quiet no fumes and happy customers...Fred saw the light years ago and i wished i listened then ..although i think husky are the leaders in this area ( only my opion lol )..its so great to press the trigger and away we go ..yep very happy old man am i lol

I agree Geoff, I'm still on the petrol SP mower though, but went battery for most of the rest, except for the big backpack blower. I looked at the Husky gear and really liked it, but couldn't justify the price to myself when it came to opening my wallet. The user ergonomics of the battery stuff is better in every way, I reckon.
    In particular the 'pins and needles ' in my hands is now barely noticeable having gone to battery, it's a major win.
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    well ive come from the dark ages lol i am now almost battery after35 years in the business i have seen the light .. except for the ride on mowers everything is now husky battery power , the whipper is equivalent to a 25 cc petrol the blower is a beast but sucks the battery ,the hedger and top chain saw are great...bloody expensive as ive got a few batteries but how light and powerful...so quiet no fumes and happy customers...Fred saw the light years ago and i wished i listened then ..although i think husky are the leaders in this area ( only my opion lol )..its so great to press the trigger and away we go ..yep very happy old man am i lol

Well Geoffrey old boy! You may be able to get one of these soon. NZ price for a 60in rear discharge with front blower attachment approx $43000
    https://meangreenproducts.com/

Damn. Anyone else cut through their cable yet?

I anyone is still out there?

Went to the Stihl Shop yesterday & they had a brand new model of battery Kombi head. It's not on the AU website yet.

Different to the KMA130R in that it is self contained- doesn't need a backpack battery & cord. The battery drops in from the top.

Supposedly equivalent to about 35cc petrol.

Unfortunately the one I saw was already sold and new stock is low and probably wont be available till early next year, so I put my order in.

Also a new bigger (AP500?) battery will be available soon

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I anyone is still out there?

Went to the Stihl Shop yesterday & they had a brand new model of battery Kombi head. It's not on the AU website yet.

Different to the KMA130R in that it is self contained- doesn't need a backpack battery & cord. The battery drops in from the top.

Supposedly equivalent to about 35cc petrol.

Unfortunately the one I saw was already sold and new stock is low and probably wont be available till early next year, so I put my order in.

Also a new bigger (AP500?) battery will be available soon
    I am here lol I have the husky multi and the whipper is equivalent to a 25 cc and its great , now gone all the way with blowers hedgers chain saw top handle and not ready for the mower not up to commercial yet...the whipper I get by with two batteries of the 5 ah but the 9 ah is the same as a tank of fuel;..the blower are the killers on the batteries but once you get used to using min power its ok so all day I use 2 some times 3 5 ah and 1 9 ah ..love battery two stroke is only used on the atom edger ...and back pack blower which I rarely use now ...
    anyway Ed good to see ya been a bit slow on this site maybe we need to stir things up lol get stuck into Johnny boy hahahah

Hi Geoff, Yes my Husky battery gear is into it's 4th season. The line trimmer has been faultless, but with the mad grass growth atm, it's struggling a bit.
    I heard that the multi head had a bit more power than my dedicated line trimmer, so I inquired about it first.

Then I went to Stihl and thought theirs made more sense as I already have most attachments, and 35cc equiv. I already have 2 Stihl battery hedgers & battery/charger so halfway there.

I carry 4 x 9ah Husky batteries and with the grass growth atm, they often don't see the day out. 3 in the line trimmer & 1 in the blower.

l bought a makita long pole hedger about 6 months ago, love it. Got the whippy attachment but its not good enough to use. Still dreaming of going all Pellenc.......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Hi Geoff, Yes my Husky battery gear is into it's 4th season. The line trimmer has been faultless, but with the mad grass growth atm, it's struggling a bit.
    I heard that the multi head had a bit more power than my dedicated line trimmer, so I inquired about it first.

Then I went to Stihl and thought theirs made more sense as I already have most attachments, and 35cc equiv. I already have 2 Stihl battery hedgers & battery/charger so halfway there.

I carry 4 x 9ah Husky batteries and with the grass growth atm, they often don't see the day out. 3 in the line trimmer & 1 in the blower.
    The multi head is so much powerful than the dedicated and really cant see the difference between my shindy petrol is a beast,,has 3 setting setting for speed and generally only run the 1 one rarely I use the higher settings but if you need it its there ..considering you have over 1500 bucks in baterries seems logical to get a husky trimmer ???

Bought the Sthil RMA510V self propelled today for the home mower. It is not a commercial machine but I am impressed by it. Very light, hardly needs the self propelling but handy for uphill and full catcher. Looks like a really simple no fuss design.When I first heard the motor spinning I thought that it would not have enough power to cut grass but the bar blade cuts very clean and flat. Also comes with a sidethrow attachment which I like. Anyone else got one? What are the weak points to look out for? Any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Bought the Sthil RMA510V self propelled today for the home mower. It is not a commercial machine but I am impressed by it. Very light, hardly needs the self propelling but handy for uphill and full catcher. Looks like a really simple no fuss design.When I first heard the motor spinning I thought that it would not have enough power to cut grass but the bar blade cuts very clean and flat. Also comes with a sidethrow attachment which I like. Anyone else got one? What are the weak points to look out for? Any issues?
    I am on the other side with husky have all the battery gear with exception the mower..They also have a domestic one and looks ok but I really want commercial at some stage ...so I guess my question is similar in that do they do the job for commercial use

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839