Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by Crankitup View Post
    About 35 minutes on an AP 300 battery. I have several. For me the biggest advantage of the FSA 90 over the FSA 85 is the bullbar handle over the d-loop. Much prefer that setup. Just looked at runtime for the FSA 130 on Stihl's website and it says 45 minutes on an AP 300 running flat out.
    Pull the trigger on a 130r, you won't regret it lol

If the reason you use bullbar handle is for weight... then maybe try the fsa130r with d handle as the tool is very light and balanced with motor at rear of machine

Machine is great... that and the hsa94t are true professional machines

I got rid of petrol whippers and bought an fs460 for heavy stuff... I've only used it about 4 times in the last year... that's how good the fsa130r is

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Pull the trigger on a 130r, you won't regret it lol

If the reason you use bullbar handle is for weight... then maybe try the fsa130r with d handle as the tool is very light and balanced with motor at rear of machine

Machine is great... that and the hsa94t are true professional machines

I got rid of petrol whippers and bought an fs460 for heavy stuff... I've only used it about 4 times in the last year... that's how good the fsa130r is
    How do you go with the FSA130 cord for edging? Do you use backpack or the AP batteries? Does it slow you down having to put on the belt /backpack?

I also purchased kma130 and hsa94t with batt belt.
    Havent used it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    I also purchased kma130 and hsa94t with batt belt.
    Havent used it yet.
    The KMA130 is an interesting choice. Let us know how it goes. Are the Kombi tools for petrol and battery the same? I couldn't figure it out from the sthil website.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    The KMA130 is an interesting choice. Let us know how it goes. Are the Kombi tools for petrol and battery the same? I couldn't figure it out from the sthil website.
    Youtube answered my question, it takes all the kombi tools https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p4-9xGjhUA

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    How do you go with the FSA130 cord for edging? Do you use backpack or the AP batteries? Does it slow you down having to put on the belt /backpack?
    You ask all the right questions

Initially I decided not to buy the machine as assumed the cord and putting on battery belt or bag etc would be a pain.
    Curiosity got the better of me so thought I'd try it with just the battery holster and the machine.
    It's great so I purchased the backpack battery.

I have my truck setup so that the backpack battery is already plugged in to machine and ready to go. The backpack battery also has a waist belt with clips & straps hanging all over the place... I cut them all off so just the shoulder straps remain. They are all built into the unit so there's no reversing this lol... wish I did it day one though!

Also I found the battery belt slow and uncomfortable.... so I got rid of that
    Better option is to take the battery holster (that attaches to belt where battery goes in) and put in a backpack or similar.... much more comfortable (just don't buy the $165 stihl one like i did... It's a ripoff)
    Even cheaper option is to just use a shoulder strap that comes with line trimmers, attach to holster and wear over shoulder (not that comfortable)

That holster retails for almost $200 and then using with fsa130r the AP batteries won't last long so backpack battery is way to go (holster is good to have as backup to use AP batteries if backpack battery flat) If I have a small lawn I just grab the FSA90r instead

Holster in backpack is best option for less power hungry machine like hsa94t (no point having a big battery on your back while doing hedging as the small batteries will go for an hour plus on heavy duty hedges)

----
    So to summarise I use the backpack battery with the FSA130r and It doesn't slow me down (similar to using a backpack blower but without starting the engine)

And the AP holster in a backpack to power the HSA94t

There's a 3rd cord powered machine - BGA100
    It's an awesome, powerful blower
    However as its in between my "cordless" battery blower and big backpack petrol blower , I rarely use it. If I need more power than the small one, I jump straight to the backpack.... so I've decided to sell this machine.
    (Bring this machine out with a battery slot built in and it will be perfect)

Stihl, in recognition of my helpful feedback, please send me the BR800 backpack blower for review purposes.
    Thanks in advance!

I used the kma130 yesterday for first time.
    I agreed with chris. The ap300 batt wont last long The husky 536lilx with bli300 have longer time due to 9.4ah batt compare to 6ah (ap300).
    Im ordering the new one ap300s (7.2ah)

Vertical edging is very difficult due to safety lock mechanism.

The power is similar or could be more than the husky 525 petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post

Vertical edging is very difficult due to safety lock mechanism.
    Which safety lock mechanism do you mean?

The speed control and the trigger.

I did have a look at the fsa130r and the kma130 at the Sthil shop yesterday. I couldn't try it out because they didn't have the battery on hand.
    I like the feel of them, very solid feel, has a motor and gearbox rather than motor on the head. Cost of the backpack battery is an issue. I did notice the odd trigger setup. I was thinking the cord would be the issue with vertical edging.

Thanks Chris B and Jal for the valued info.

This is more like it
    Can't find the page but they are calling it 'professional ' with release date second half or quarter 2019 (not sure which country)

Big $$$ Initial outlay but with electric motors and replaceable liners on deck.... you would expect a long life

https://www.materiel-paysage.com/une...ro-a-batterie/

https://youtu.be/M6ks9qd8j7k

Check out the other recent videos in this channel
    There's even a John Deere mowing a golf course.... by itself
    New detachable backpack battery etc

finally, something "proper" l'd go for that

"Cordless lawn mower: The company presented the prototype of a new cordless lawn mower for professional landscape maintenance in noise-sensitive areas: the STIHL RMA 765 V. It has a giant cutting width of 63 cm and, thanks to the zero turn function of the front wheels, is highly maneuverable. The maintenance-free EC motor guarantees a long service life. The mower is powered by a 36V lithium-ion battery from the STIHL PRO cordless system."

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

the mower looks awesome

I also use the back pack battery, I found the one on the belt was uncomfortable and annoying
    the backpack is similar to using the back pack blower, but lighter

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast