Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Neat looking solar setup here for charging cordless batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sVIf3x-o4

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Neat looking solar setup here for charging cordless batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4sVIf3x-o4
    Just noticed a comment on that youtube clip from the guy who posted the video

'My battery trimmer packed it in at around three months. I had it repaired under warranty it needed a new speed control switch and complete wiring harness replaced. I’m now back on the two stroke gear. Battery gear is really only good for home use'

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    You ask all the right questions

Initially I decided not to buy the machine as assumed the cord and putting on battery belt or bag etc would be a pain.
    Curiosity got the better of me so thought I'd try it with just the battery holster and the machine.
    It's great so I purchased the backpack battery.

I have my truck setup so that the backpack battery is already plugged in to machine and ready to go. The backpack battery also has a waist belt with clips & straps hanging all over the place... I cut them all off so just the shoulder straps remain. They are all built into the unit so there's no reversing this lol... wish I did it day one though!

Also I found the battery belt slow and uncomfortable.... so I got rid of that
    Better option is to take the battery holster (that attaches to belt where battery goes in) and put in a backpack or similar.... much more comfortable (just don't buy the $165 stihl one like i did... It's a ripoff)
    Even cheaper option is to just use a shoulder strap that comes with line trimmers, attach to holster and wear over shoulder (not that comfortable)

That holster retails for almost $200 and then using with fsa130r the AP batteries won't last long so backpack battery is way to go (holster is good to have as backup to use AP batteries if backpack battery flat) If I have a small lawn I just grab the FSA90r instead

Holster in backpack is best option for less power hungry machine like hsa94t (no point having a big battery on your back while doing hedging as the small batteries will go for an hour plus on heavy duty hedges)

----
    So to summarise I use the backpack battery with the FSA130r and It doesn't slow me down (similar to using a backpack blower but without starting the engine)

And the AP holster in a backpack to power the HSA94t
    What backpack do you use? Any pics of your setup?

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738