Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

https://youtu.be/puX2kpqSztw

Hopefully it's as good as the music would have you believe lol

l'd like to see one in the flesh, looks fairly plasticky and domestic to me.....be nice to see a proper battery unit thats not priced like the Pellenc

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Yeah that handle looks weak as with only the one side.

Has anyone got or seen the ozito fertilizer spreader ? its 18 volt looks like a scotts handy green spreader with a few more features

oops double up

Yeah will need to see in person but I'm hopeful it will be high quality as usually when Stihl specifically mentions it's built for commercial use , it is.

I thought the single handle bar was a good feature (as long as it's strong) and I like the sound of the replaceable deck liner.

The rear wheels are aluminium

Not a fan of the individual wheel adjustments though and as for pricing assume 1500 plus each for mower and battery

It's at least 14kg's heavier than the pellenc so that's either good or bad depending how you look at it. Seems like anything will be stronger than the commercial Honda's though

I've never spread fertilizer on lawns for a customer before, but some guys on the Facebook group were happy with a similar sounding ryobi branded spreader recently

Aus retail pricing for RMA765V $2899, Large AR3000L battery $2399

I put in an order for a HLA85. Going to try to use it for my everyday hedger.

Tossed up between the hla65 and the kombi kma130r. I think the 65 would have been just a bit short for some of my regular jobs. Nearly went for the Kombi, but thought the separate battery & cord might have been a bit awkward up & down ladders etc.

I just couldn't get a run out of the Husq trimmer. It's back in the shop with another blown motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    They look the goods, 70min run time from a battery isn't good though at that price....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post

Tossed up between the hla65 and the kombi kma130r. I think the 65 would have been just a bit short for some of my regular jobs. Nearly went for the Kombi, but thought the separate battery & cord might have been a bit awkward up & down ladders etc.

I just couldn't get a run out of the Husq trimmer. It's back in the shop with another blown motor.

I think you'll find them reliable. I'm 100% battery with my small machines and only issue I've had was the cable, but seemed to be caused by dirty connectors in the socket end

I initially started with hla85 too.... but soon realized that hla65 suits me better for 90% of the time. (And much lighter)

Is this your first Stihl Battery machine?
    What battery did you get? The newest AP300s is the way to go and pumps out a higher rate of power for some of the newer machines

If you need a blower hold off for a bit longer as the bga86 should be coming soonish and seems to be the perfect balance of power, weight and run time (going by quoted figures)

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    They look the goods, 70min run time from a battery isn't good though at that price....
    Isn't cheap! I need another battery so I've been holding off for this one . For me i think of it as pre paying fuel. They're pushing it with the mower pricing though.... maybe 1999 would be a bit more realistic

Where did you get that run time from ?

The Stihl promo vid I saw quoted up to 3000m2

A review video with a Stihl rep quoted up to 6 hours on eco mode

They should offer a 2 or 3 year commercial warranty though....

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post

Hi Ed, I have both & they suit different applications.
    If most of your work is above 2-3m then the 85 is the go.
    The 65 is more suited to the stuff under that, being smaller & lighter.
    If I could only have 1, Id just give the nod to the 85. It will do it all with the exception of very tight spaces but, its heavier & more cumbersome.

Actually, atm my go to is the Ego.
    It seems to cut the thicker tops easier with slightly more power.
    You can add ext poles to increase the height till your hearts content, or you can't handle the wobble .....

Cheers Fred.

Thats $5300 without the charger ? ...... WOW !

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Hi Ed, I have both & they suit different applications.
    If most of your work is above 2-3m then the 85 is the go.
    The 65 is more suited to the stuff under that, being smaller & lighter.
    If I could only have 1, Id just give the nod to the 85. It will do it all with the exception of very tight spaces but, its heavier & more cumbersome.

Actually, atm my go to is the Ego.
    It seems to cut the thicker tops easier with slightly more power.
    You can add ext poles to increase the height till your hearts content, or you can't handle the wobble .....

Cheers Fred.

If Stihl bring out a new version of a hla65 and use the same running gear as the hsa94t and maybe a carbon fibre shaft... it will be game changer

Ego looks good too but can't justify expense of a another new battery system haha

I've got AEG power tools which are great.... garden not so... I recently bought their new 18v fusion jet blower... tried it out one job and returned it. Power was pretty decent but user comfort/vibration etc is no where near Stihl.... even the super old bga85 is much quieter and smoother. Damn the AEG was noisy.... annoying high pitch noisy like a very loud vacuum.

I've also got the aeg 18v fusion hedge trimmer and it's nice n light.... but blade speed is slow and i regret selling my hsa86 for it just because of the hassle of different batteries. The hsa86 is pretty heavy though...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Thats $5300 without the charger ?
    Yep hefty outlay.
    They was quoted over phone. I'll negotiate price and let you guys know

If Stihl bring out a new version of a hla65 and use the same running gear as the hsa94t and maybe a carbon fibre shaft... it will be game changer

Ego looks good too but can't justify expense of a another new battery system haha

I've got AEG power tools which are great.... garden not so... I recently bought their new 18v fusion jet blower... tried it out one job and returned it. Power was pretty decent but user comfort/vibration etc is no where near Stihl.... even the super old bga85 is much quieter and smoother. Damn the AEG was noisy.... annoying high pitch noisy like a very loud vacuum.

I've also got the aeg 18v fusion hedge trimmer and it's nice n light.... but blade speed is slow and i regret selling my hsa86 for it just because of the hassle of different batteries. The hsa86 is pretty heavy though...
    Hi Chris, I have 3 battery platforms.
    Stihl, Ego & Aeg.
    They're all good but most times the Ego gets the gig.
    I was surprised to here the 18v AEG blower was power descent.
    I thought it would be down on air volume.
    I have the 18v snipper which is great on reg lawns, super light weight with plenty of zip.
    With the hedge cutter though, Im not so sure what makes the blade speed a priority ?
    I would have thought its more about the torque?

Cheers Fred.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast