Default Re: Stihl battery power

how about free?

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    how about free?
    Don't expect it for nuthin mate!!!!!!

Very Helpful Member

So now it looks like the bidding is into negative numbers OK I'll bid at the mower plus $20.00 cash
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

swap for a sanli mower with $30 my way

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

LOL.
    how about we swap with Deutscher...

Has anyone used both the MSA160 T & MSA 200 C-BQ ?
    I know they are different types of saws... I've got the 160T and want to know how the power compares to the 200.... i.e. is it worth having both or is power difference minimal?

Also has anyone tested out the RMA 510 mower? It looks okay for small jobs although I haven't used a NON-self propelled for ages ...

I've been hoping Stihl are going to release a battery backpack sprayer for ages.... 'stihl' no sign...

Noticed AEG have a new battery backpack sprayer out.... I recently picked up a heap of their new brushless power tools (not garden) and they are awesome. .. so grabbed the sprayer. It's comfortable and seems well made. Has an adjustable flow rate dial. .. high is way to much flow for reg spraying. Low is better (but still too high I think) and while on low setting it makes a loud annoying whining sound even when trigger is released and pump not operating!

I couldn't handle those 2 factors so took it back.... tried out the display model same deal. So save your money unless you want a super high flow weed sprayer lol

Also my personal opinion: AEG or Makita etc.. battery garden stuff not recommended.... they may make good drills etc but the garden stuff are heavy and bulky.... If you're using professionally then ergonomics is important and honestly doesn't look like any effort was made in that department.

Stihl (and assuming husky) are light years ahead I think... and as much as it sucks to be locked into one platform.... same branded battery gear is easier to manage....

Anyway I'll keep waiting for a Stihl sprayer haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    Has anyone used both the MSA160 T & MSA 200 C-BQ ?
    I know they are different types of saws... I've got the 160T and want to know how the power compares to the 200.... i.e. is it worth having both or is power difference minimal?

Also has anyone tested out the RMA 510 mower? It looks okay for small jobs although I haven't used a NON-self propelled for ages ...
    Have a mate with the 200, he loves it but, unfortunately I haven't used either so can't compare.
    RMA510, I also haven't had a chance to test but, Im pretty sure that its the same as a Victa 82v but with a sthil 36v motor.

Cheers Fred.

Very Helpful Member

Just a note on the AEG 58v and you want to see reviews it's sold in the U.S as Echo
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Just a note on the AEG 58v and you want to see reviews it's sold in the U.S as Echo
    also sold as ryobi in some instances apparently

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Sorry I should clarify that the AEG sprayer was actually well built and ergonomic... and the mower looks good too.... just meant the hedger, blower and trimmer mainly

Do you have experience with their mower by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Have a mate with the 200, he loves it but, unfortunately I haven't used either so can't compare.
    RMA510, I also haven't had a chance to test but, Im pretty sure that its the same as a Victa 82v but with a sthil 36v motor.

Cheers Fred.
    They do look very similar and both have good reviews (although assuming home use)
    Wonder if going from self propelled to push will be too hard? !

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    also sold as ryobi in some instances apparently
    hard to keep up!

Obviously even Stihl n Husky are selling Alto/Nilfisk pressure washers among other things. Find it a bit slack the Victa & Stihl mowers look the same considering Stihl owns Viking mowers ?? Who's actually making them lol .... probably another company altogether haha

Even noticed the Stihl & Victa mowers have similarities with the Ego.

Picked up an RMA510 yesterday... feels so light compared to a heavy petrol self propelled. Works well, nice n quiet. If buying for home use I wouldn't hesitate... they also have a new 19 inch version in their consumer range.

No chance I would only use battery mowers for business though!
    Even if I just kept all my regular jobs and never did an overgrown lawn.... no way
    I love battery gear but using a battery mower for most jobs will only slow me down.
    I bought the 510 mainly just to use on small jobs like nature strips etc so should be okay for that.

The FSA130r is another story....

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast