Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Sorry mate. Im trying to write nice review but hasnt got chance yet.

I only have Ego Multi tools line trimmer and pole saw with 2 extensions. I dont have Hedge trimmer attachment for the Ego. SO I couldnt give the comparison betwen HLA65 and Ego. For sure Ego Multitool line trimmer is much better than Stihl FSA90R

20170726_115951.jpg

Ok, thanks anyway.
    I was a little concerned with the balance, having both the motor & battery at one end.
    I wonder what it weighs in comparison with the hla65 which I find really light.
    Also, how do you find the pole c/saw ?
    With the whippy, does the head still rotate clockwise? Can u get more than a 38cm cutting path ?
    Do u know how many watts the power head produces ?
    Thanx for your input.

Cheers Fred.

for line trimmer the balance is very good. thats why i said its better than FSA90 which tend to more weight at the front.

Im pretty sure that HLA65 is lighter due to the battery size.

Pole saw bit OK not so impressed.

the whippy, Its counter clockwise direction now same as the petrol one. The motor is 2000W

I dont think I would change MY HLA65 with something else. Its my fav tool for hedge trimming

Today my hsa86 hedge trimmer just would not go , it sort of started then stopped and that was it ,so I dropped it off at my dealer for him to look at and he has only just called me to say that it looks like the electronic board is stuffed. He said he will be onto stihl on Monday to see if they will replace the whole unit for me . The board is $260 so not worth fixing really.

I'm really pissed off about this, as it doesn't get used as much as the hla65 so it hasn't been flogged. Gee I have had some bad luck this week.
    If stihl wont replace it , I think I will change to Husqvarna , one thing I wont go back to petrol power for hedge trimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Today my hsa86 hedge trimmer just would not go , it sort of started then stopped and that was it ,so I dropped it off at my dealer for him to look at and he has only just called me to say that it looks like the electronic board is stuffed. He said he will be onto stihl on Monday to see if they will replace the whole unit for me . The board is $260 so not worth fixing really.

I'm really pissed off about this, as it doesn't get used as much as the hla65 so it hasn't been flogged. Gee I have had some bad luck this week.
    If stihl wont replace it , I think I will change to Husqvarna , one thing I wont go back to petrol power for hedge trimmers.
    I have a HSA86 hanging up in my shed as spare parts. The issue with mine is the blades jam so electronics should be fine. If you can figure out what part it needs maybe I can help you out. I have no idea what they look like inside or how easy it is is to replace the board.

On another note: I ran out of battery the other day and had to go home and grab the Tanaka petrol hedger. I could really notice the weight and fumes however the power and therefore cut quality on the thicker wood is much better and the blades seem to be heavier and harder steel. The HSA86 is fine for light stuff but I reckon hard wood like photinia will stuff them pretty quick not to mention the ragged cuts it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    for line trimmer the balance is very good. thats why i said its better than FSA90 which tend to more weight at the front.

Im pretty sure that HLA65 is lighter due to the battery size.

Pole saw bit OK not so impressed.

the whippy, Its counter clockwise direction now same as the petrol one. The motor is 2000W
    Thanks for your review. What is wrong with the pole saw? This to me is one of the biggest reasons to buy the ego multi. What is the cut quality like?

Thanks steve I will see what the dealer says, I have petrol gear for stuff like photinia I only use the battery gear on my maintained hedges

Thanks steve I will see what the dealer says, I have petrol gear for stuff like photinia I only use the battery gear on my maintained hedges
    No worries. I wasn't implying that photinia could have caused your issue. It was a more general comment.

Hope Sthil do the right thing and replace it for you.

Hows this for things in threes broke a window , hedge trimmer stuffs up and my laptop just shat itself , happy days

Don't stress about the Stihl... They are obligated by law to sort out. There's also new consumer law that protects consumers even when the warranty period is over. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-0...rights/2749924

For example if you buy a new expensive TV with a 12 month warranty and it fails at 13 months you should be covered. (not sure if applicable to business use)

Still annoying when something fails, and I bet many dealers aren't very helpful either

Picked up my hedge trimmer today, no charge , they told me that this has happened to only a couple of machines , good service from stihl I thought

nice work

fsa130r trimmers are on stihl site now

milwaukee also make a couple of battery tools which look pretty good... almost went that way but thought easier to stick with stihl - one battery and they have a wider range

Picked up my hedge trimmer today, no charge , they told me that this has happened to only a couple of machines , good service from stihl I thought
    Good news mate, be interesting if others end up having the same issue.

just saw the new Husqvarna battery bli 300 9.4 amp/hour, should give a decent run time, I don't think its in Australia just yet but should be soon

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast