Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Hi fred,

it came with 7.5A. It runs varies depends on how often you use boost or turbo. I have around 30 - 90 min run.
    I do have another 5A battery as well

Fred did your phone just ring? It was me , I was thinking it would be good to have a chat about the 85.
    I have one of those pole pruners and the shaft on the 85 is not that thick. My above post was sent before I saw yours

I will do a review , and some pics of the length compared to the stihl kombi with the extension piece fitted
    It is light and doesn't feel to awkward when extended

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Thanx for starting this thread NLALM.
    Last time I enquired about the hla85, it wasn't available in OZ.
    If you could give a review after a couple of runs, that would be great.
    Its just a bigger version (telescopic) of the 65 so Im sure it will fine.

One reservation I have is the thickness of the shaft.
    I have a 4m telescopic echo that I never use, due to thickness of the shaft & its weight.
    Im sure it will be lighter but, u may find the thicker shaft not as comfortable to use as the thinner shaft on the 65 ?

Johnny, bite the bullet, ya know ya wanna !

Red, it folds down to about a meter & can be easily stored out of sight almost anywhere.
    It can go straight into the cab with u if u want, its not hot, it doesn't stink & it won't spill fuel.

Jal, I love my Ego h/held blower.
    What size battery do u run with the B/pack & how long does it last ?
    Also, c if u can get a demo on the mower b4 buying to make sure it suits your needs.

Cheers Fred.
    Have dipped my toe in already Fred. It's starting to get hot! Have purchased a second Makita trimmer as already have batteries for other gear and they are quite cheap at $120.
    They also do a great job with no weight etc on selected jobs.

Just thinking about other gear after possibly HLA 65. Don't really want to carry 3 or 4 battery chargers. So after the hedge trimmer I will prob get a w/snipper, and possibly blower.

How does Stihl currently stack up with those? Or as Gazza said with Husky doing all out is it worth seeing what they have in 6-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    Have dipped my toe in already Fred. It's starting to get hot! Have purchased a second Makita trimmer as already have batteries for other gear and they are quite cheap at $120.

Just thinking about other gear after possibly HLA 65. Don't really want to carry 3 or 4 battery chargers. So after the hedge trimmer I will prob get a w/snipper, and possibly blower.

How does Stihl currently stack up with those? Or as Gazza said with Husky doing all out is it worth seeing what they have in 6-12 months.

Well how about this! Who would have guessed??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post

What makita models are they.....I have the other makita power tools so have batteries etc too

Might have to give them a try

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Fred did your phone just ring? It was me , I was thinking it would be good to have a chat about the 85.
    I have one of those pole pruners and the shaft on the 85 is not that thick. My above post was sent before I saw yours

I will do a review , and some pics of the length compared to the stihl kombi with the extension piece fitted
    It is light and doesn't feel to awkward when extended
    Sorry NLALM, saw the 02 number come up & let it go through to the keeper, thought it was a telemarketer.... lol.
    Tried to ring back yesterday & today with no luck.
    If u don't mind where did u get it from & what do they cost.
    Good news you don't think the shaft is too thick/uncomfortable, looking forward to your review.
    Could have used one today.

Quick review on my battery gear for those interested
    Stihl hla65 - love it, my favourite piece of batt gear. Cant sing its praises highly enough.
    Ego hand held blower - Love it, powerful & all the other batt attributes, only con is it takes a little adjustment to batt management, run times are short.
    Once you get a fast charger & consider the run times, it isn't that much of an issue.
    Ego chainsaw - Love it, used within its design parameters, its great. It won't fell a mountain ash & you wouldn't cut m3 after m3 of hard firewood but, for general garden maintenance type work, excellent.
    Ego hand held hedger - a very good machine but, I hardly use it preferring pole hedgers.
    Ego 20" push mower - fine for reg small/medium well kept lawns. I think it would struggle with bigger lawns, paretic if they are long, wet or both.
    Ego whippy - not a fan, reasonable power but, it spins the wrong way & even worse, its cutting path isn't big enough for my needs.

Cheers Fred.

hi fred,

I have 2 HSA86. One for fine leaves like diosma, the other one is for woody thing. But most of the time I only used HLA65.
    There would be a new ego whippy coming in July. it would be spin counterclockwise this one. I'm after 21" Ego Self Propel one. watched the youtube it seems very good. Already have 7.5A & 5A batteries and fast charger; buying this mower will add another 7.5A batt.

Quick question, fred. what battery you used for 20" push mower? and how many lawns can do for 1 single charge?

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    hi fred,

I have 2 HSA86. One for fine leaves like diosma, the other one is for woody thing. But most of the time I only used HLA65.
    There would be a new ego whippy coming in July. it would be spin counterclockwise this one. I'm after 21" Ego Self Propel one. watched the youtube it seems very good. Already have 7.5A & 5A batteries and fast charger; buying this mower will add another 7.5A batt.

Quick question, fred. what battery you used for 20" push mower? and how many lawns can do for 1 single charge?
    Hi Jal, how big is a lawn ? ..... lol.
    Roughly 3-4 average bayside lawns per charge (maintained fortnightly) ........ if there is such a thing?
    The 4amp/hr battery came standard with the mower kit.

Cheers Fred.

you got me, fred.

just the normal standard Melbourne lawn size approx 150-300sqm, I guess. SO i reckon with 7.5A might get around 5-6 lawns

I have the stihl msa200, it is a weapon. Very handy of your not cutting for hours and hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QWZVu5DU1c

I have decided to give it a go too
    bought the HLA 65 hedger

just a thought that comes to mind.... what happens when the hedges are wet or it starts to rain and you need to finish off a job
    how does the hedger cope with that???

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    I have decided to give it a go too
    bought the HLA 65 hedger

just a thought that comes to mind.... what happens when the hedges are wet or it starts to rain and you need to finish off a job
    how does the hedger cope with that???

thanks
    It will stop working until dries out. Happened few times while working in wet weather

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    What makita models are they.....I have the other makita power tools so have batteries etc too

Might have to give them a try
    Makita DUH523Z. Get them for about $120+ Bunnings and other places.

Only a light duty trimmer but another benefit I realised is we could start work at 8am on a Saturday trimming a long hedge at one of our schools. Previously it would have to be 9am + and even then with 2 petrol trimmers going at 9am the neighbours would probably not be impressed.

Will get into the bigger Stihls, or Huskies, or others eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    It will stop working until dries out. Happened few times while working in wet weather
    ok thanks... at least it doesnt stop permanently

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast