Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Incorrect blanket statement.
    I have plenty of battery gear with variable speed, both Ego & Stihl, including line trimmers that spin anti clockwise.

Cheers Fred.
    There is no Vairiable triger on this Stihl FSA 130 Trimmer, poor guy has to fan the trigger the whole time to keep the sping rate down, complete fail of a setup unusable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaQMNjIysCM

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    battery gear is not not vairable speed, all other tools are now. a vairable trigger would be a must for me I need to slow trimming around hazards . power drills were 2 speed 30 years ago "old technology" and they were shyt compared to vairable triggers.
    if you look at FSA130, then you are right. But if you look at the whole battery OPE gear, I must disagree with you. As Fred Mowing said, Ego Multi tools, Husqvarna LiLx536 all have variable trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    battery gear is not not vairable speed, all other tools are now. a vairable trigger would be a must for me I need to slow trimming around hazards . power drills were 2 speed 30 years ago "old technology" and they were shyt compared to vairable triggers.
    if you look at FSA130, then you are right. But if you look at the whole battery OPE gear, I must disagree with you. As Fred Mowing said, Ego Multi tools, Husqvarna LiLx536 all have variable trigger

The speed is variable its just the way that guy is using it

This is a "Stihl battery power" thread not a All BATTERY POWER thread. EGO and Husqvarna have there own thread

Stihl not having a vairable speed trigger is a big fail. and a important point to bring up in this thread. The stihl have a gearbox and not the motor making the head lighter and easier to control, If you buy a Stihl without a vairiable speed trigger you will be disaponted, just watch this guy trying to use it, he has no control on the spin speed.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaQMNjIysCM

Did you not read what I said . I have run one of these in the shop they are like a normal whipper, do you really think stihl would make a machine that didn't have a variable trigger speed. have another look at the video

You did say battery gear (which includes all brands), is not variable speed despite this is stihl thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    You did say battery gear (which includes all brands), is not variable speed despite this is stihl thread.
    As per usual, he's trying to rev us up.
    Over & out, can't be bothered responding to this carp !
    Which I just did........... too good Macka, you win.

Cheers Fred.

Same...…………...

in this case, I will do the same. Dont care anymore. Not my problem anyway.

shame this has happened ...Fred is so correct.... this could end the forum me thinks ..... but life goes on ..hey Fred Go sainters next year hahahaha

Very Helpful Member

Come on boys don't give up feed the trolls, they keep things interesting
    I remember reading that a sign of intelligence is to admit when you're wrong and learn from it,a sign of an imbecile is to argue the point and try to prove yourself correct refusing to acknowledge the truth even when everyone knows you're wrong.
    I always wonder how I will react if I'm ever incorrect
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    shame this has happened ...Fred is so correct.... this could end the forum me thinks ..... but life goes on ..hey Fred Go sainters next year hahahaha
    Same here

Positives and Negatives about Stihl Equipment or even Battery Gear shouldnt be taken personally. If you find Forum comments upsetting you have a break from the internet.

Forums always get Positives and Negative on topics, its how they work, people can choose from all the information. It doesnt matter if the info is true or false, people then add more and more info. Its that info the someone can filter and make a decision that suits them. Just having a list of the negitives when you go to the shop to try a machine is helpful, and you can look at everyone first hand.

I was looking at getting a Stihl FSA130, its looks and feel good in the shop, so went home to have alook at the internet opinions on it. I watched the video on the FSA130 clearly showing the guy having to fan the trigger to control the speed.

This Stihl thread had nothing on it about the triggers not being vairiable. a very important negitive, i and others can take this info when they go check out the machines. Im sure that the triggers have been changed and would be suprised if they are still the same, but i will want to check how slow i can adjust the speed. i sometimes use the trimmer at super slow to push stones and bark bark back in garden beds.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    jal2007 commented and is helpful, confirmed vairable speed triggers are not all standard and needs to be checked before purchace. jal2007 also gave other helpful options like the Ego Multi tools and Husqvarna LiLx536 that have variable triggers.

Forums work and the negitives are what make them work, if you want all positives dont go on the internet just go to the dealer.

Some People here get upset over silly things and then become offensive to other people. that doesnt stop the forums from having a good supply of info on topics that can be sorted through.

The guys who went into Battery gear early need to be thanked there reviews and opinions are saving others money.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast