Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Yep, many sceptics are now on the turn, for want of a better phrase
    Don't worry about the beer bobs, its the lycra ladies that are the threat.
    Once they cotton on that at the push of a button, they can get all the exercise they want, look out personal trainers & lawnies alike.
    Luckily, I don't think many might be all that keen to have a go on the whippy.

Seriously though, battery gear will be primarily be marketed towards the far bigger market, the home owner.
    But, the contractor will also benefit from the the advancements in technology, it just keeps going.
    Loved the look of that Pellenc mower, the whippy not so much.
    Its still only a 960w motor on the mower but, I think that some may expect too much from their mowers.
    IMHO if its not a LAWN, don't mow it with a lawn mower.

Enough waffle.

Cheers Fred.
    Bob here!!!!!
    I can feel my ears burning

Today, all done with battery power
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks great!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Thanks mate...............

Nice work NLALM.
    How many batteries did that take?

Thanks ed Mate its the run time of the batteries that blows me away.

I was using both the hla85 and the hla65. I used the 65 on the sides and the 85 on the top. I lost one bar on each battery.

I did 3 more jobs on the day, not as big and lost another bar on each battery. I reckon I would of used 3 tanks of fuel if that was done with 2 stroke power

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Thanks ed Mate its the run time of the batteries that blows me away.

I was using both the hla85 and the hla65. I used the 65 on the sides and the 85 on the top. I lost one bar on each battery.

I did 3 more jobs on the day, not as big and lost another bar on each battery. I reckon I would of used 3 tanks of fuel if that was done with 2 stroke power
    And you didn't swallow any cancer causing 2 stroke fumes while you were at it......winning. Both great machines. Love my 65.

Well that's no good to me. After doing that one, I'd be wanting to knock-off and flat batteries would have been perfect excuse.

Husky dealer rang yesterday to advise their extended trimmer has arrived so I'll have a look today. From reports on here, it's going to be hard to go past Stihl, but when I demoed them both (handheld Husky & HLA65) I liked the Husky better. The Stihl was rattly, noisy & pretty gutless. Maybe it was just a bad one.

Today, all done with battery power
    Looks great
    I am loving the 65

Am thinking of getting the 85

Is anyone using the battery whippers from stihl?

Ed, When the stihl hla65 came out which is some time ago now , I remember picking it up and thinking this thing is a toy no way could it stand up to commercial work, and so I was hanging off and waiting for the Husqvarna . I have looked at the husky handheld and think it feels like it is better built than the stihl and has a higher stroke rate. But the hand held husky doesn't have a brushless motor where the stihl does, don't know why husky has done this as all the other battery products are brushless maybe they have changed this already I don't know.

I'm glad I didn't hang out for the long reach husky as I would be just getting it now, and I have done heaps of work with the stihl, also husky don't have a telescoping hedger and I have the hla 85 which is great. Yesterday I had to use my petrol pole pruner and was thinking gee I wish I had the stihl battery one that's how good the battery power is, once you get used to it its a pain to have to start up a petrol machine.

So the hla 65 being toy like is not an issue , in fact the light weight of this machine is what makes it so good, you can stretch right out with it no problem , you can be very accurate and precise with it. I also think stihl at the moment have a better battery than the husky, but I believe husky have better batteries coming... I would hate to think how many sales husky have missed out on by dragging the chain and being so slow to get their products on the shelves.

I wish someone would come out with a decent whippy, I think the husky is the best at the moment. But I want one that you can put a speed feed head on, run the line you want and get a decent amount of time out of a battery. I'm not a fan of back pack batteries that defeats the whole purpose of using battery power. Extra weight ,a cord from machine to battery and a ridiculous price tag .

Don't get me wrong though I think the husky gear is probably engineered better than the stihl and seems more robust, but it is also more expensive. I just know that my shoulders are loving the light weight no vibration of battery power.
    Those photos of that big conifer hedge, that's the first time I have done that hedge with battery power, and I was unsure if it would handle it , so I had the stihl kombi trimmer in the back of the ute just in case, no need to take it next time, I was supprised at how well it did.

just got these last week. havent tried yet

20170726_115951.jpg

im thinking to switch completely to cordless next week... Have everything already. Inverter installed inside the van.

it's more power than STIHL FSA-90. plus better design than FSA-90

Ed, When the stihl hla65 came out which is some time ago now , I remember picking it up and thinking this thing is a toy no way could it stand up to commercial work, and so I was hanging off and waiting for the Husqvarna . I have looked at the husky handheld and think it feels like it is better built than the stihl and has a higher stroke rate. But the hand held husky doesn't have a brushless motor where the stihl does, don't know why husky has done this as all the other battery products are brushless maybe they have changed this already I don't know.

I'm glad I didn't hang out for the long reach husky as I would be just getting it now, and I have done heaps of work with the stihl, also husky don't have a telescoping hedger and I have the hla 85 which is great. Yesterday I had to use my petrol pole pruner and was thinking gee I wish I had the stihl battery one that's how good the battery power is, once you get used to it its a pain to have to start up a petrol machine.

So the hla 65 being toy like is not an issue , in fact the light weight of this machine is what makes it so good, you can stretch right out with it no problem , you can be very accurate and precise with it. I also think stihl at the moment have a better battery than the husky, but I believe husky have better batteries coming... I would hate to think how many sales husky have missed out on by dragging the chain and being so slow to get their products on the shelves.

I wish someone would come out with a decent whippy, I think the husky is the best at the moment. But I want one that you can put a speed feed head on, run the line you want and get a decent amount of time out of a battery. I'm not a fan of back pack batteries that defeats the whole purpose of using battery power. Extra weight ,a cord from machine to battery and a ridiculous price tag .

Don't get me wrong though I think the husky gear is probably engineered better than the stihl and seems more robust, but it is also more expensive. I just know that my shoulders are loving the light weight no vibration of battery power
    Those photos of that big conifer hedge, that's the first time I have done that hedge with battery power, and I was unsure if it would handle it , so I had the stihl kombi trimmer in the back of the ute just in case, no need to take it next time, I was supprised at how well it did.
    I agree. I too am glad i went Sthil. The biggest advantage is the interchangeable batteries and the battery life. Thought the same thing the other day when I was using the hitachi pole saw how good it would be to have the cordless extendable pole saw.
    And now they have the extendable hedger its game set and match for me.
    If you don't already have the STIHL MSA 160 T Arborist Battery Chainsaw do yourself a favour and get one. Has a good clean cutting chain on it which is probably the same as the pole saw I'm guessing. Excellent for pruning fruit trees etc where the clean cut matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    Is anyone using the battery whippers from stihl?
    Mate, don't go near them. Been there and done that.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast