Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Stihl battery power

Default Re: Stihl battery power

yes. MSA-160T is very good. Been using that one since sept last year but I still need bigger chainsaw. Thinking to grab the ego 16" brushless chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Gardens View Post
    Looks great
    I am loving the 65

Am thinking of getting the 85
    Yep the HSA86 is definetly worth getting especially if you like the 65 and it makes even more sense now that you have the battery.
    The arborist chainsaw is a ripper too. My loppers don't come out of the toolbox these days much.

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    yes. MSA-160T is very good. Been using that one since sept last year but I still need bigger chainsaw. Thinking to grab the ego 16" brushless chainsaw
    I use my petrol ones which I already had for the bigger stuff.

If you don't already run an ego battery maybe look at the Sthil MSA 200 C-BQ as an option and I assume you can use the same battery.

sorry Jal2007, didn't read your earlier post saying that you have the ego setup so going either Ego or Sthil makes sense.

Let us know your thoughts on the ego trimmer.

When you say completely cordless, do you mean the mower too? If so what mower are you running?

I'm staying well away from cordless trimmers after my experiences with STIHL FSA-90 and the AEG trimmers.

I do have hsa86, hla65 and msa160t.

I also have ego self propeller mower, backpack blower and multitool line trimmer and pole pruner.

I was planning to get fsa90 when just released but only problem i found wasnt balance well and didnt like the motor at the bottom.
    However, the ego multitool ones has the motor on the top like the petrol and well balanced

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Yep the HSA86 is definetly worth getting especially if you like the 65 and it makes even more sense now that you have the battery.
    The arborist chainsaw is a ripper too. My loppers don't come out of the toolbox these days much.
    Picked up the arborist chainsaw yeaterday and used today on some robinia mop tops.....loooved it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    I do have hsa86, hla65 and msa160t.

I also have ego self propeller mower, backpack blower and multitool line trimmer and pole pruner.
    How are you finding the EGO gear?

I'm interested to hear what you think of the ego SP mower and the ego backpack?

What are the good and bad things about them? Was it a good move to buy them?

Are the batteries interchangeable between the blower and mower?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Husky dealer rang yesterday to advise their extended trimmer has arrived so I'll have a look today.
    Wish my dealer would have let me know..! Have been chasing them about it for ages.

Stihl hasn't brought out any commercial grade tools yet. Don't get me wrong - they do a great job as many have experienced, but they're built to a price and aimed at domestic use. They are a prosumer product really. The warranty is one area you need to look at when comparing tools. 2 year domestic warranty from Stihl, do they even have a commercial warranty?? The commercial Husky gear has a 3 year commercial warranty. That speaks volumes, one of the reasons I went Husky without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    Wish my dealer would have let me know..! Have been chasing them about it for ages.
    Had a quick look at it during the week. RRP is the same as the handheld hedger.

It looks pretty close to the same overall length as my Kombi hedger. I didn't measure, but the blades look shorter ... maybe 550mm.

I have a big hedge to do soon so he said I could grab it and give it a demo.

sorry pic coming

Did this one this morning with my domestic hla85

When I was on the gold coast a few weeks back the council were using the still battery pole pruners , working near the airport pruning heaps of trees, if thats not commercial use I don't know what is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Helpful Member

looks like you missed a bit where the ladder is
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    But the hand held husky doesn't have a brushless motor where the stihl does, don't know why husky has done this as all the other battery products are brushless maybe they have changed this already I don't know.
    The Husky hedge trimmers are all brushless now, both domestic and commercial models. I am almost 100% sure the 536LiHD60x (commercial model) always had a brushless motor... Threw out all the old catalogues so I can't check.

Interesting demo Husky battery Vs. petrol line trimmer. Electric = mountains of torque!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mwX-_LVgj8

So how many all together have demo'd the Pellenc gear? Interested to hear different thoughts on that, but I guess there is not too much to say as once you've used it, it speaks for itself!

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    The Husky hedge trimmers are all brushless now, both domestic and commercial models. I am almost 100% sure the 536LiHD60x (commercial model) always had a brushless motor... Threw out all the old catalogues so I can't check.

Interesting demo Husky battery Vs. petrol line trimmer. Electric = mountains of torque!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mwX-_LVgj8

So how many all together have demo'd the Pellenc gear? Interested to hear different thoughts on that, but I guess there is not too much to say as once you've used it, it speaks for itself!
    I'm not too sure what that youtube clip proves except whipper snippers could be used as a backup trolling motor.

The problem with the electric whippers in my experience so far has been poor balance, big bulky motor at the cutting head and a power lag.

What are Husky whipper snippers like?

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast