Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bin Die Weed Killer Cost

Default Re: Bin Die Weed Killer Cost

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Been buying this as per above post, Buffalo, Kikuyu Bindi & Broadleaf Selective Weed Killer (Bromoxynil & MCPA concentrate) 5Ltr container. Same as Amgrow's Bin Die. Best Price of $155 per 5Ltr (same as last year too).

But the same supplier being in Toowooba I stumbled across tonight their ebay site again whilst not looking to buy having limited supply of 20ltr drums of the same product for $315 inc free postage. That's an equals an outstanding $79 per 5ltr.
    Whilst my spraying job are completed for 2017, I couldn't resist not to buy it. At that price for next couple of years there's gone be huge profit in spraying.
    So if one was to purchase the same qty from say Bunnings in domestic bottles the maths will horrify you.

Plus having the Buff friendly product only in the truck, one doesn't need to be home praying they didn't have a brain fade on that big cnr block and used Kamba.
    Thanks Gary, normally get 5 ltrs also.

Have previously just done spot spraying but now getting a larger spray unit on my ZTR as some of my larger jobs have started asking for spraying of weeds.

Should last a few years

Its been said before, 'switched on supplier, 20ltr drum has already arrived via TNT.
    Cheers Garry

Hey there crew ,
    I'm new here ... I just bought 5lts of bindi killer same as Bin-die from Globe Aust (in western Sydney) for $150
    and 5lts of marking dye for $75.
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Quote Originally Posted by AndoTheMando View Post
    Hey there crew ,
    I'm new here ... I just bought 5lts of bindi killer same as Bin-die from Globe Aust (in western Sydney) for $150
    and 5lts of marking dye for $75.
    Great start getting it for that price of $150. Millions times better priced than Bunnings. Don't forget a water softener like dishwashing liquid.

As you grow the spray side of the business aim for buying 20ltr drums of the same product for $315 inc free postage. When ever ebay offers a crazy discount offer from say the Toowomba Supplier or your supplier after you have clicked on item many times to show ebay your interested is buy time.
    Spraying for me is high profit for low manual work and I get mega work from mid August across October spraying and a lessor amount around Easter.
    Time management is a pain actually maddness as the mowing picks up at the same time, so for one month your visiting a property every week for 4 weeks, mow, spray, mow, spray.
    Be very aware of spray drift and build up your quality of spraying equip as more business comes in. Clover, Chic, Cape (I call Cabbages), Oxalis, Dandys are my best friends. Just get them sprayed before the heat

If you have done a Chemcert Course or Farm Chemical Course, its of real benefit to keep ones self out of trouble.

I don't keep Kamba on the truck, only use the Bin Die equiv as I'm so scared of a dementia day and using the wrong product. At prices mentioned above its really no issue spraying huge properties without buff using Bin Die equiv.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Great start getting it for that price of $150. Millions times better priced than Bunnings. Don't forget a water softener like dishwashing liquid.

As you grow the spray side of the business aim for buying 20ltr drums of the same product for $315 inc free postage. When ever ebay offers a crazy discount offer from say the Toowomba Supplier or your supplier after you have clicked on item many times to show ebay your interested is buy time.
    Spraying for me is high profit for low manual work and I get mega work from mid August across October spraying and a lessor amount around Easter.
    Time management is a pain actually maddness as the mowing picks up at the same time, so for one month your visiting a property every week for 4 weeks, mow, spray, mow, spray.
    Be very aware of spray drift and build up your quality of spraying equip as more business comes in. Clover, Chic, Cape (I call Cabbages), Oxalis, Dandys are my best friends. Just get them sprayed before the heat

If you have done a Chemcert Course or Farm Chemical Course, its of real benefit to keep ones self out of trouble.

I don't keep Kamba on the truck, only use the Bin Die equiv as I'm so scared of a dementia day and using the wrong product. At prices mentioned above its really no issue spraying huge properties without buff using Bin Die equiv.
    Thanks Gaz...good advice
    I agree that spraying is high profit - low maintenance..

I bought an established business of an old guy who done a average job to be honest...
    Some of these well established weeds take some killing.... and thick patches of clover just keep coming back...lol

but I'm learning and its all good
    B.L.T.H Brake late,turn hard

Quote Originally Posted by AndoTheMando View Post
    Thanks Gaz...good advice
    I agree that spraying is high profit - low maintenance..
    I like having spray days mixed in with run of mill mowing and I earn more spraying due to less time spent onsite.
    But spraying can be dangerous/costly if not given the respect it deserves. Watch those shallow rooted Pittosporums, citrus/lemon/orange trees, roses and fragile flowering plants and the public/neighbours.
    I carry footpath signage indicating spraying in progress and use if I think the job warrants such, ie high foot traffic area. I also avoid spraying anything near schools on school days as I have a job near a school that I wont spray during their recess/lunch breaks if I happen to be there at those times. (There are rules on that). Although the same school I saw their mowing guy spraying their nature strip beside the red/white school crossing at peak school time of 8.40am whilst the kids were there - amazing.

Sounds like your purchased round has lots of potential.
    Cheers Garry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12