Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Motorcycle Heated Grips at last !!!

Default Motorcycle Heated Grips at last !!!

Now I know there are bikers here in the forum with who I'm gonna share this Oxford Heated Grips fitment I did today.

Been researching till very late over many nights the best grips within reviews, forums along with the NSWBandit forum saying hands down say the above are the best aftermarket including the shop I bought the bike of.

On Evil I got them down to $107 using a 10% off code.

One doesn't need a relay ignition wired as the Intelligent control unit knows when the motors off via electrical noise and will shut the unit down in a few minutes to save battery.
    Most riders say they have never had a flat battery with the newer Premium Intelligent Controller currently available.
    But I still wired a Navra micro sized relay switched by the rear Tail Light positive wire as a further safe guard.
    Also silicon sealed the wire ends of the 4 connectors and silicone the sealed the wire and protecting shielding at the entry point to the controller. Photo doesn't show that as it was done after pic.

In UK riders say 50% power is normal in winter and 75% at zero temps as these grips get real hot if needed. Plus a frequent comment is you will never go back to not having heated grips again, whilst wonder why it took this long to have the bike fitted.
    Must say the Oxford team have the kit down pat as everything you need is there except the Relay as they say its not needed.
    The main range in the Oxford's that we riders would choose from are the Adventure, Sports or Touring Grip. The touring grips is what I got as they were the closest in length at 120mm exact, with no trimming of the grip length required for me. Sports are a little longer and Adventure longer again.

Well am I happy, You bet, 100% happy as a pig in hay and at $107 that's cheap.

New Oxford grip, perfect fit. Yep all day I walked around/over that new 525lst sitting on the floor and a spare 216 the other side (in next photo). Kept saying to myself to move them out of the way all day, but didn't

On supplied bracket which I did paint black as it was chrome/zinc type color

Relay, did tidy wires after the photo was taken. The other wire there is to the accessory socket wires fitted a few years ago.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Motorcycle Heated Grips at last !!!

Plus, I'm taking tomorrow off because I can to go for a little ride with a chilling -1 deg to wake up too tomorrow. Think I'll wait for the fog to lift and sun to come out first over a couple of coffees before the leathers go on.
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: Motorcycle Heated Grips at last !!!

Well went for a small ride today and they are as good as a Friday night watching the footy, with a pizza and a couple of coldies.
    My brother and mates with there BMW GS 1200's have been cheating all this time during these close to winter Alpine loop rides we have been done.
    Cheers Garry