Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Owners of husky cordless blower, how you compare to bg86

Quote Originally Posted by jal2007 View Post
    Owners of husky cordless blower, how you compare to bg86
    A million times quieter, and variable output from zero (which no petrol blower can do).

Just stating the obvious... I don't have a BG86 & never used one... but if you look at the specs you would expect the Husky cordless to have lower output.

Quote Originally Posted by conrad View Post
    A million times quieter, and variable output from zero (which no petrol blower can do).

Just stating the obvious... I don't have a BG86 & never used one... but if you look at the specs you would expect the Husky cordless to have lower output.
    thanks mate for the respond

I noticed a domestic Husq battery chainsaw in a clients shed last week. It's not the current model but just over 2 years old and hardly used. I think it was a 136li with a 4aH battery.
    Worth having in my kit for occasional light pruning? The owner has had a stroke that affected his vision, so he won't be using it anymore.

sure, why not....l've got an aldi one i was given which has been handy for a quick cut here and there

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Hi guys im just wondering now that the husky whippy had been out for a while whst are your thoughts yes or no.???

I'm still happy with mine for regular lawns.

what would u compare it too in 2 stroke? 23cc??like a shindaiwa 23cc

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Hi guys im just wondering now that the husky whippy had been out for a while whst are your thoughts yes or no.???
    It does the job for me with regular stuff. Primarily wanted it due to vibration and it ticks that box ok.

I find I cannot get comfortable with it compared to other whippies. Angled head, no speed feed head, can't hold or cradle it like I can do the petrol whippies. It may just take more use but the previous items I mentioned are a very big factor. Still use it because it makes good sense for my health needs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    what would u compare it too in 2 stroke? 23cc??like a shindaiwa 23cc
    I'd say my Makita 21cc's both have as much go as the Husky!

I got the Husky battery whippy and long hedger.

Like the low vibes and low noise and the lightness of both machines.

Both machines have a little less grunt than what I was expecting.

Good add on tools for comfort to the hands and ears but expensive and you still need your petrol machines for a thicker hedge or lawn.

Anyone using handheld battery hedgers?

Either the Husky commercial or residential models? Really only need it for smaller jobs when I don't use the extension.

If so what batteries? I have the 300 and would think 200 would be sufficient. Both weight & run time needed> Thoughts??

Had mine for about a month get about 4 residential lawns out of a charge
    took a bit to get use to has a reverse mode so clippings go back on lawn
    ,not much change out of $1,000. though

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsuzanne View Post
    Had mine for about a month get about 4 residential lawns out of a charge
    took a bit to get use to has a reverse mode so clippings go back on lawn
    ,not much change out of $1,000. though
    Same, I'M glad I read this forum about the reverse direction of the head and putting the whipper string in the opposite direction of the arrows if you prefer.

I used to have a Shindy T270 for heavier work, it sat unused after I got the Husky lithium trimmer.. I eventually sold the T270!

The problem with petrol gear like that is that I would be refuelling it every 15mins or so (at least it seemed like that often...) when running flat out. With the battery pack on the Husky it will run for hours and hours... BUT for REALLY heavy stuff (clearing waist-high paspalum) it overheats every 10-15mins anyway... My approach now is that if the Husky can't do it, it's really a job for a brushcutter so I go and hire the big Stihl 2T unit and get the job done quickly. Vast majority of my work is regular residential/body corp anyway so the Husky is awesome for that.

The one thing I will say is that the Husky performs SO MUCH better with a larger guard, allowing it to run a full line length. The extra tip speed makes a huge difference and 2mm line is all you need. Conserves battery and gives a cleaner cut. I pretty much do a whole day on a single battery (4Ah) if I'm working solo on regular lawns. And yes if you're running "reverse rotation" (which is actually the "proper" rotation direction) it helps massively to load the spool opposite to the direction arrows. I didn't do that for the first couple of years I was using it, and had to manually pull line out with my hands almost every single time!

Stihl FSA 130 R looks promising... OPE lithium technology is going to keep progressing at a rapid rate now I'd say, if you really want to jump in I'd say look at the range of tools you'll be using and base your decision on that rather than just a single item like a line trimmer.

The Husky commercial lithium hedger - mine has been rock solid reliable and I have put it through a hell of a lot more work than any hedge trimmer deserves to do! Like working it's way through 35-40mm branches... I have serviced the gears and had the blades sharpened a couple of times, it seems to be running quite noisily now, but never stopped me from doing work. And yes I tend to use the smaller 4Ah battery almost exclusively with the hedge trimmer, the weight of the larger battery makes a huge difference, not so pleasant working with the extra weight...

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast