Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Hi Conrad,
    Where did you get the bigger guard for the Husky brush cutter?
    Thanks
    Blair

Hey Blair,
    Just from the Husky dealer. It was actually one of the other guys who thought of it... if you read some previous pages you’ll find comparisons and guard model info. I had actually been using the small standard guard for almost 3 years and felt like an idiot for not thinking of the larger gaurd sooner! Haha.
    Now I have two trimmers with the larger gaurd, it’s good!

My dealer can't get me a tip protector for my extended hedger. They've been trying for months now but the best they've come up with is getting one on back order from O/S.
    I've told them that others have them supplied with a new hedger, but they can't understand how that can be. Anyway I'll see if I can fab something up myself.

Another interesting thing I heard is Husq has a battery belt out soon. It's like the poor man's version of the backpack.
    Apparently has spaces for up to 4 batteries, and connects to the tool with a cord like the backpack.
    I seem to run out of battery a lot when at the furtherest point from my vehicle and spare batteries are awkward to carry, so this belt would save that problem.
    Also It would take some weight off the tool.

Knocked up a tip protector for the hedger yesterday.

IMG_20180729_064221 (2)rs.jpg

good job, might have to copy your idea!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I paid the full $500 for each of my batteries, couldn't get a discount. I need to buy a couple more for summer. Has anyone used this site
    https://www.gettoolsdirect.com.au/hu...ry-series.html
    They sell the batteries for $400 each plus a bit for postage and some the husky battery tools seem a good price.

I was wondering if I'd ever leave a battery behind on a job and lose it. At $500 each it's a pretty expensive mistake to make. I changed batteries the other day and thought I'd put the flat one next to the blower where I would see it and pick it up at the end of the job. I didn't see it at the end of the job and left it behind. Luckily it was still there at the end of the day. Think I'll make it a rule to put all flat batteries that get taken out of the machine into the ute immediately.

Starting to really like the battery brush cutter and only used the old 2stroke brush cutter on a couple of feral lawns over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair View Post
    I paid the full $500 for each of my batteries, couldn't get a discount. I need to buy a couple more for summer. Has anyone used this site
    They sell the batteries for $400 each plus a bit for postage and some the husky battery tools seem a good price.

I was wondering if I'd ever leave a battery behind on a job and lose it. At $500 each it's a pretty expensive mistake to make. I changed batteries the other day and thought I'd put the flat one next to the blower where I would see it and pick it up at the end of the job. I didn't see it at the end of the job and left it behind. Luckily it was still there at the end of the day. Think I'll make it a rule to put all flat batteries that get taken out of the machine into the ute immediately.

Starting to really like the battery brush cutter and only used the old 2stroke brush cutter on a couple of feral lawns over the last few weeks.
    I am trying hard to like mine but it I can't really say it's happening!
    The hedge trimmer is the best tool in my shed!

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Knocked up a tip protector for the hedger yesterday.

IMG_20180729_064221 (2)rs.jpg
    I bought one some time back but can't find it in the mess of my garage as preparing things to move!!

I'm using my battery line trimmer with 2mm line in ECO mode on most of my regular lawns. Most days I don't even carry a petrol trimmer in the vehicle. Did a lawn yesterday that hadn't been mowed since mid April and had to put it onto full speed. It was probably a bit slower than the petrol 25cc, but not much.

The hedge trimmer had a vibration after I banged a tree trunk with the tip, but the dealer pulled it apart & everything looks ok, nothing bent inside, no codes.

Blair, Back in late Jan across Feb I got 4 X 9.4amp + 1 X 5.2amp purchased across different transcations for $250 each re the 9.4amp, the 5.2amp was cheaper again of course. Whilst on some occasions purchasing with other Husky equipment and I once just a battery by its self.

I saw your post re buying for $500 each, So I contacted my dealer yesterday whom I have a good relation with, thinking I wouldn't mind another 9.4amp coming into season. The rule for the great price was when one was buying other related battery gear and for contractors.
    My dealer owner contacted me this morning with best price for a single 9.4amp Husky battery at $310. So I said thanks, that's a good price and yep put one aside and I'll pick it later. (I could have bought more at $310 if wanted)
    I've not needed another battery yet, but got close last week on some near all day heavy work at one address.
    Cheers Garry

$310 is a great price Gary. It's good having good contacts.
    Blair

Yer, I thought so after reading you couldn't get a discount price, as it was your post that got me to check price. But its time to purchase a second rapid charger when ones got a few batteries to be charged each day, they were $175 last time purchased. May not need them if the "Greek Rain Gods" stay on vacation.
    Cheers Garry

Saw the new battery carry belt worn today, kinda like a boxer trophy belt.
    There's the belt, then the individual multiple husky orange moulded plastic pieces that attached to the belt (like the battery end part of the battery whipper),
    Then you insert the battery.
    My first thoughts were being lop sided with weight transfer, ie one battery to one side. if attaching one battery to the rear of the belt and wipeout/scratch something when one spins around whilst working.
    With the orange plastic battery insert item on the belt, then a battery …. it become quite a large item. I never hung around long enough to see if the attaching power cord that's going to be released was available.

I didn't ask price or asked to fitted up as I'm not interested in a purchase as on my biggest regular commercial job. I'm always on the return trip to the work vehicle parked in the middle of the site when the battery gives up whilst edging.
    Cheers Garry

Think i will sell my husky battery gear. Whippy especially is not doing it for me and I dont like the attitude husky has to contractors/gear

Finally bought my 5th 9.4 Battery yesterday, as previously mentioned it cost $310 whilst using my 5 amp battery only in the 60cm hedger. 6 batteries is all I'll ever need.
    Bought another QC500 charger also yesterdasy, paid $175 last Jan, best price was $199. Got sick of having only one charger at home, so set up quite well now. Could never go back to the vintage petrol gear within the battery range used by me.
    Local Husky dealer/owner goes out of his way to look me at these prices. Glad his an ex area mgr for Husky prior to buying the dealership.

Time to log off and work at a luxury working farm property all day today. House gardens gets used for occasional wedding too, but as an AFL Tigers supporter it will be a tough day. I should have been there an hr ago and I've not even got ready yet. Yes, it's Saturday but struggling to keep up with the season change.

Don't like the one week off, roll the Hawks and then another week off, play 1wk out of 3 wks. Think the week off for all then another week off doesn't help some sides who get the second break. But the Pies were just stunning in the 4qtr performance. You Joffa boys will take the Flag.
    Cheers Garry

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast