Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Re Battery Whipper

I'm using 2.4mm on all residential and 2.7 on this one huge fortnightly Commercial job that my app shows I walk 7.5kms. Small commercial jobs use the 2.4
    All jobs are vertical edged as I have it down pat over the years and Green Trail Blazer is used.

Use a separate dedicated spool and circular end base for the 2.7 line as the line wears a different slot in the aluminium exit fitting, also the 2.7mm wears a bigger hole in the spool grooves.
    Standard Guard used, but bite my lips tightly closed more often in feral use situations or anything other than good lawns. Also ensure the protective glasses are properly on face, so no Johnny Howard eyebrows. Not the best guard, well not as good as the petrol unit guards.
    Cheers Garry

l had to start using Trailblazer this week when l ran out of Diamond Edge.......can't wait for the new spools of dD/Edge to arrive

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Although happy with Trail Blazer and no line weld anymore since using the battery whipper, I may try some Diamond Edge.
    As if you reckon its good, it must be, especially in your coastal enviro.
    Cheers Garry

tried many types over the years Gazza but always go back to D/E

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

i also use trail blazer 2.4mm
    going to try the Oregon Magnum 2.4mm

Oregon Magnum is noticeably softer line compared to the trail blazer

I broke a tooth off my hedger blade last week. Ordered one new blade and it was going to be $125.
    Went back to the dealer yesterday and they told me they ordered the whole cutting assembly from the gearbox out instead... for $155.... go figure

Yikes!!

I had to put mine in for service/checkup yesterday - ever since coming back from end of year break it's been really weird - won't get up to full speed. I thought it had gummed up because I could have forgotten to spray the blades after last use? But maybe it's the trigger getting worn out... anyway will post back with what they find. Has also started getting a gap between the blades right at the tip/end of the blade, not good for clean cutting...

With the amount of hours and ridiculously tough work mine has done (well over 3 years now) I think I'd just buy a new one and keep the old one for rough stuff if they say it needs new blades.

There many reasons/causes for the above issue as you know.
    But re trigger, Ive found dust çan get into the trigger contact over time for constant contractor usage , especially the blower. re my comments and solution a few posts back. This time it worked for me as a dismantle is not a preferred path unless necessary.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    tried many types over the years Gazza but always go back to D/E
    Where do you buy it, from mower shops or online?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Where do you buy it, from mower shops or online?
    usually ebay, free post......https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LINE-TRI...AAAOSwDX9b46~y

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Anyone been to a Husky Pro Dealer Day, when husky H/O in conjunction with local dealer bring all their gear to try, petrol & battery, riders, Ztr, etc, etc and new products. Refreshments/BBQ and held at the local Golf Course 2 streets from home.
    If so, was it OK, as gear wise I'm well setup for my needs now that I'm 9 yrs into this game. Local Dealer owner is a good bloke who has always looked after me.
    Cheers Garry

Angry Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Anyone been to a Husky Pro Dealer Day, when husky H/O in conjunction with local dealer bring all their gear to try, petrol & battery, riders, Ztr, etc, etc and new products. Refreshments/BBQ and held at the local Golf Course 2 streets from home.
    If so, was it OK, as gear wise I'm well setup for my needs now that I'm 9 yrs into this game. Local Dealer owner is a good bloke who has always looked after me.
    Not me! Don’t think I will if the opportunity presents itself.
    Not impressed with my battery gear reliabilty. Dont use whippy much and it hasnt beed in shop.
    Blower has a few time and hedgy twice now - and they cant seem to find the problem.
    It could also be the servicing dealer but if its in the shop I dont care how light it feels and how good it works. Its costing me!!

My battery gear gets a flogging and all going well with whipper, both hedgers and blower. Don't use their petrol eqv's now. Off course the whipper guard is from fairy land and the angle of the motor on the whipper is a couples degrees different than the petrol models, annoys me that. Plus it starts in reverse.
    But all is well for me to operate them, although there are problems with the hedger gearbox motor out in the field along with the whipper going into fault mode too often even on cool days. But that hasn't been an issue to me.

The Battery latch is a real issue with the heavier 9.4amp model with two fails and the others about to fail. But that's being attended to under warranty and also well out of warranty due to me and dealer seeing the splits/cracks presenting months ago.
    But an unfriendly dealer may not support one even though H/O know the problem is out there. (Arr you dropped it excuse)

Well I sent my RSVP and will attended to support my local dealer with attendance numbers, might learn something from it and have a snag or two and go home after it. Do want to try the battery chainsaw though.
    Cheers Garry

Tell me what you know about the hedgy gear box motor Gary.
    Mine is in again. Completely bogs down under load. My 18v makita goes theough things better.
    All my battery stuff is only lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    My battery gear gets a flogging and all going well with whipper, both hedgers and blower. Don't use their petrol eqv's now. Off course the whipper guard is from fairy land and the angle of the motor on the whipper is a couples degrees different than the petrol models, annoys me that. Plus it starts in reverse.
    But all is well for me to operate them, although there are problems with the hedger gearbox motor out in the field along with the whipper going into fault mode too often even on cool days. But that hasn't been an issue to me.

The Battery latch is a real issue with the heavier 9.4amp model with two fails and the others about to fail. But that's being attended to under warranty and also well out of warranty due to me and dealer seeing the splits/cracks presenting months ago.
    But an unfriendly dealer may not support one even though H/O know the problem is out there. (Arr you dropped it excuse)

Well I sent my RSVP and will attended to support my local dealer with attendance numbers, might learn something from it and have a snag or two and go home after it. Do want to try the battery chainsaw though.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast