Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
    F%$# there is some crap being spun to me!
    Eventually got my dealer onto Husky HO about my battery clips on the battery I cracked. Told them even though I dropped battery the battery with those clips is not fit for purpose.
    They were told about another shop replacing clips (thanks Gazza) but they said it needed to be done by an authorised person. They also said they would not be replacing clips in the future and would not send clips to me because of safety issue saying temps of the battery can go to ridiculous temperatures if the battery was shorted and exploded.
    They will post my battery back to HO and fix it BUT will not repair the cracked part. Sort of happy but it is such a struggle with them
    John , you already know the below as we communicate on it, but I'll post again/similar for all.

My dealer is carrying stock sent from Husky H/O on the 9.4amp battery clips and has had them for 5 months now. Said they would actually replace latches when they actually fail or get too hard to release from skin. 5.2amp latches will be right for yrs.
    All cracks on the 5 X 9.4amp batteries were sighted by me and dealer within warranty last late Jan.
    I walk into to dealer now and after warranty, they fix it immediately whilst I wait 5mins for job or 10mins with chat and I have watched one repair.

When the first failed in Jan, no one knew of the problem not even H/O and I was given a new battery on the spot - no questions asked as dealers back then were told not to open battery packs. The next day I went back to dealer with all my batteries under magnifying glass and showed them all batteries having hair line or greater cracks. Husky H/O knew then they couldn't handout new batteries now as the problem was greater than a one off. So they urgently sourced spare part latches. They repaired my first battery when parts arrived which was quick and asked for the replacement battery back and I was happy with that.

The above info is on other posts of mine a page back, so its kinda repeating it again and I'll make it last time too.

Good Service and Warranty for me I thought.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    John , you already know the below as we communicate on it, but I'll post again/similar for all.

My dealer is carrying stock sent from Husky H/O on the 9.4amp battery clips and has had them for 5 months now. Said they would actually replace latches when they actually fail or get too hard to release from skin. 5.2amp latches will be right for yrs.
    All cracks on the 5 X 9.4amp batteries were sighted by me and dealer within warranty last late Jan.
    I walk into to dealer now and after warranty, they fix it immediately whilst I wait 5mins for job or 10mins with chat and I have watched one repair.

When the first failed in Jan, no one knew of the problem not even H/O and I was given a new battery on the spot - no questions asked as dealers back then were told not to open battery packs. The next day I went back to dealer with all my batteries under magnifying glass and showed them all batteries having hair line or greater cracks. Husky H/O knew then they couldn't handout new batteries now as the problem was greater than a one off. So they urgently sourced spare part latches. They repaired my first battery when parts arrived which was quick and asked for the replacement battery back and I was happy with that.

The above info is on other posts of mine a page back, so its kinda repeating it again and I'll make it last time too.

Good Service and Warranty for me I thought.
    Thanks Gaz, I understand.
    But I feel Husky are only responding to people who scream the loudest. My dealer new nothing and was actually told something very much different to what you knew. I was outside his office door when he made the first call. They responded well when I told them about your repairs/replacememnts but I feel they should have notified all dealers about the problem.
    Not really happy with the way they communicate!!!

Yer my old snr management career taught me not to accept complacency. Those who go like ferrets get results. One of our very snr executives we called the "Ferret" for obvious reason.
    Bet that triggers a dream tonight of how tough it used to be in that previous life.

This ain't going to help you, but whilst dropping off me 560 today re the issues in the other thread l also dropped in another 9.4 battery and had both latches replaced.

By being a ferret and going to the top people I got my daughter's i30 Hyundai with 40,000's on the clock a new engine, but problem was there at 34k. Customer care initially refused a new engine and it was still under warranty with the car undrivable. Even though they admitted 3 times freely they had known problems related to the issue at hand with issue itself responsible for destroying the engine.
    It was the fight of my life to help my then 25 yr old daughter (last Sept) who was distraught with the car. When we won I cried with thankyou's and walked to the medical centre where my daughter was working 3 blocks away from my worksite to tell her.
    Cheers Garry

Anyone else having problems with these batteries?
    Got the clip broken already on my battery that was replaced. About 5 months and I don't really use it much at all

I got my extended back a few weeks ago. Don't know what they did but think they loosened up the blades?? It runs better with no problems except it seems noisier and a bit "clunky"
    My extended hedger is back in the shop with another burnt out motor. It probably hasn't done 5 hours since it was last replaced.
    The thought now is that there is too much resistance in the cutters. I keep mine lubed often during a big job but they are suggesting the gum might have to be cleaned off more regularly.

Thinking of mixing a bit of kerosine with the Lanox to stop the gum from building up.

I was thinking that the sliders/spacers along the cutters could be made slightly thicker to give the cutters a smidgen more clearance.

That honestly sounds ridiculous. They either aren't for for purpose or you've got a lemon they need to replace completely. And don't all these machines have cut outs to stop them overhearing and burning out etc?
    Hopefully yout get it sorted... sounds like a nightmare!

It seems a bit strange Chris. The thing has burnt out 3 motors, but has never showed an overheat on the diagnostic tool. Apparently the sensors are at the battery end.

I got it back yesterday with the new motor. I measured the clearance between the cutters while it was clean and it is just 6 thou. The clearance on my Stihl kombi hedger is 11 thou. I think that might have a lot to do with my problems.

Used it this morning for a couple of hours with no problems.

I got my extended back a few weeks ago. Don't know what they did but think they loosened up the blades?? It runs better with no problems except it seems noisier and a bit "clunky"
    Continues to get more noisy on occasions and definitely more vibrations. Done bugger all hours with it especially since i got it back.
    Dont know if its the Husky equipment, dealer or a bit of both.
    I definitely WILL NOT be buying any more Husky equipment.
    Any battery equipment purchases in the future will need to show some reliability being used commercially.

Will take a look at the Stihl again in new year and also the Pellenc gear. Not real happy with both of these company setups in Australia. Stihl gear I cant try before I buy, some shops won't even get the stuff in unless you pay for it. And Pellenc don't really have a dealer network downunder.

Is there any other options for good quality battery gear from a reliable quality manufacturer than can handle light commercial use. Any new companies/products close to coming out with goods in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    My extended hedger is back in the shop with another burnt out motor. It probably hasn't done 5 hours since it was last replaced.
    The thought now is that there is too much resistance in the cutters. I keep mine lubed often during a big job but they are suggesting the gum might have to be cleaned off more regularly.

Thinking of mixing a bit of kerosine with the Lanox to stop the gum from building up.

I was thinking that the sliders/spacers along the cutters could be made slightly thicker to give the cutters a smidgen more clearance.
    Is that because they want you to do their work for them??

I was getting quite keen on the Husky battery power garden tools, I've read the whole thread, it kind of de-railed in the last few pages with some dissapointments of the gear, I'm wondering if there's any further thoughts of it from those that have it, as it's been six months since the last post?
    Cheers
    Cert' II & Cert' III Arboriculture
    Carpenter & Property Maintenance
    www.bluewatermaintenance.com.au

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829