Quote Originally Posted by South East Mowing View Post
F%$# there is some crap being spun to me!
Eventually got my dealer onto Husky HO about my battery clips on the battery I cracked. Told them even though I dropped battery the battery with those clips is not fit for purpose.
They were told about another shop replacing clips (thanks Gazza) but they said it needed to be done by an authorised person. They also said they would not be replacing clips in the future and would not send clips to me because of safety issue saying temps of the battery can go to ridiculous temperatures if the battery was shorted and exploded.
They will post my battery back to HO and fix it BUT will not repair the cracked part. Sort of happy but it is such a struggle with them
John , you already know the below as we communicate on it, but I'll post again/similar for all.

My dealer is carrying stock sent from Husky H/O on the 9.4amp battery clips and has had them for 5 months now. Said they would actually replace latches when they actually fail or get too hard to release from skin. 5.2amp latches will be right for yrs.
All cracks on the 5 X 9.4amp batteries were sighted by me and dealer within warranty last late Jan.
I walk into to dealer now and after warranty, they fix it immediately whilst I wait 5mins for job or 10mins with chat and I have watched one repair.

When the first failed in Jan, no one knew of the problem not even H/O and I was given a new battery on the spot - no questions asked as dealers back then were told not to open battery packs. The next day I went back to dealer with all my batteries under magnifying glass and showed them all batteries having hair line or greater cracks. Husky H/O knew then they couldn't handout new batteries now as the problem was greater than a one off. So they urgently sourced spare part latches. They repaired my first battery when parts arrived which was quick and asked for the replacement battery back and I was happy with that.

The above info is on other posts of mine a page back, so its kinda repeating it again and I'll make it last time too.

Good Service and Warranty for me I thought.