Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Default Husqvarna Battery Gear

I had a demo of the new Husky extended hedge trimmer this morning.

First impressions are the same as any other battery gear... nice & light, and quiet.
    Also with a hedge with awkward access, it's nice not to have holes burnt into your shirt from the exhaust.

This hedge usually needs a refill of fuel with the km90 or km130. It used 2/4 bars on the 4.2Ah battery.

From trigger to tip of blades is 10" shorter than the Kombi. From trigger to the head swivel joint, it's more like 12-14" shorter.

I think the price is about the same as the handheld battery hedger.
    https://youtu.be/Ma3AHVq5IGo

IMG_20170729_122103rs.jpg IMG_20170729_142459rs.jpg IMG_20170729_161246rs.jpg

Default Re: Husqvarna Battery Gear

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    I had a demo of the new Husky extended hedge trimmer this morning.

First impressions are the same as any other battery gear... nice & light, and quiet.
    Also with a hedge with awkward access, it's nice not to have holes burnt into your shirt from the exhaust.

This hedge usually needs a refill of fuel with the km90 or km130. It used 2/4 bars on the 4.2Ah battery.

From trigger to tip of blades is 10" shorter than the Kombi. From trigger to the head swivel joint, it's more like 12-14" shorter.

I think the price is about the same as the handheld battery hedger.
    https://youtu.be/Ma3AHVq5IGo

IMG_20170729_122103rs.jpg IMG_20170729_142459rs.jpg IMG_20170729_161246rs.jpg
    Do they have a confirmed RRP yet?

Awesome ed, did you buy it?

Huh?? Price??.. Buy?? Nah I just like to play with new toys

Haven't seen it on the website yet, but seems like it might be RRP $1047 with battery & charger.

I told them I wouldn't buy until Sept/Oct when the cashflow improves a bit, but if the winter stays mild, I might get it earlier.

Awesome!! I have been waiting for this for so long... really should keep visiting my local Husky dealer and stay updated on this stuff...

I have been holding off buying other brand equipment since I've already got the other Husky Lithium gear. But now that I see it I don't think it's long enough... currently using a Honda Versatool with 2x extension poles for the biggest hedge trimming that I do, could get away with just 1x extension but there isn't even an option for this with the Husky extension trimmer...

Thinking I might have to just bite the bullet and get the EGO 56v Power Head for taller trimming work.

Any news on the Husky battery gear? Trimmers - handheld & extended, Whippys?? maybe even a polesaw.
    Just waiting for my usual supplier to have their new years specials. Will probably get 15-20% off with a bit of luck

Who uses Husky? If you use Stihl did you try Husky and what were the pros and cons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqThaF-L7Uw

This is not me

But I like the review he also uses stihl gear and his comments at the end of the vid is enough for me , I am going to get one of these and the whipper snipper.

As I have said before I wont ever buy another petrol hedge trimmer, and I do lots of hedges.

One thing that has surprised me is the battery blower, I know the stihl isn't the most powerful out there but boy having one is good for those small jobs. It hasn't replaced my handheld petrol machine and obviously not my backpack blower , but I love it

Good review from quedecree... makes me rethink my current setup. Have been holding onto my Honda Versatool because of the 2x extensions I can add for tall or long reach hedging. Then I saw him getting massive reach using the Elephant Trunks! You're not even supposed to use 2 extensions with the hedge trimmer attachment on the Honda.

Also went looking and saw that the in-car chargers are now available in Aus as well!! Also a slightly bigger BLi200 5.2Ah battery, up from the 4.2Ah which was standard when I got my gear when it was released.

I got a call from my husky dealer today, the 9amp/hour batteries are in. Could be a game changer. He said one contractor who uses the whipper snipper bought 2 of these batteries and is getting a full day without charging using the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    I got a call from my husky dealer today, the 9amp/hour batteries are in. Could be a game changer. He said one contractor who uses the whipper snipper bought 2 of these batteries and is getting a full day without charging using the 2.
    HaHa I just got home with a new Husky extended hedger with a 9.4Ah battery. Not sure what the RRP for that battery is but I think it's only about $50 more than the 5.2Ah. I got a nice discount on the complete unit.

When I demoed it earlier this year, I thought it was a bit heavy on the cutter bar end so I was hoping the bigger battery( 0.5kg heavier) might balance it better, but just holding it now, it still feels heavy at the end.

The loop handled line trimmer was very tempting too. I really think I need it too, just to get another battery

Awesome stuff ed , keep us all up to date with your thoughts. What did you pay

I'm thinking of the extended hedger , whipper and 2 batteries

I did a couple of hours hedging today , I just really like using battery power.

I was talking to a mate yesterday he was working doing hedges with the stihl kombi he had the 130 power head man that thing was so loud and heavy

That's what I'm using at present so need a change. The KM130 loves the fuel too.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    HaHa I just got home with a new Husky extended hedger with a 9.4Ah battery. Not sure what the RRP for that battery is but I think it's only about $50 more than the 5.2Ah. I got a nice discount on the complete unit.

When I demoed it earlier this year, I thought it was a bit heavy on the cutter bar end so I was hoping the bigger battery( 0.5kg heavier) might balance it better, but just holding it now, it still feels heavy at the end.

The loop handled line trimmer was very tempting too. I really think I need it too, just to get another battery
    Really interested in them too ed. keep us updated please.

In the meantime I will be using a harness to hold the petrol Shindy.
    Should be here in a couple days

Nice Video's from the Ballarat Chap, Nice product from Mr Husky it would seem. Thanks for finding and posting them NLALM.

It's Saturday and I'm off to do ahedge in a retirement chalet village attached to a church right now, waiting for 9.00am to respect anyone for noise there. Although they said 7.00am was fine because everyone's up having their Robur Tea by then and watching "Today. Äfter that some general garden, hedging, lawn in a old cottage gardened Dental Surgery.

Guess I'll be thinking about the "two videos as I work there upon joining the multi tool together and wiping the 2stroke oil of the lower fuel tank nooks and crannies to protect me shirt.

In the videos he is holding the bare shaft forward of the grip handle a fair bit with the lower close up jobs,
    Do you guys think a D Handle positioned hard up against the rubber gripe motor side is needed. When I held one in the shop I thought for me I would want a D handle. Yep it's a personal choice thing I guess.
    Cheers Garry

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast